“Awesome Weekend Away...”
Review of Woods Hole Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Woods Hole B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Woods Hole Inn was a gem of a find. Our room was awesome and spacious and very clean. The breakfast was FANTASTIC, must try the quiche and homemade granola! Perfect location for wandering around with no car needed and getting on and off the Ferry to Martha's Vineyard was so close and easy. Also, for any bikers/runners the Shining Sea bike path located behind the inn was great to get a workout in while taking in beautiful views. Highly recommend staying here and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
BCGosnold, Owner at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Hi Ejl322 -

Glad to hear you found the bike path worked for your morning run. We wish we had a health club, as sometimes people ask for it, but with our mild Cape Cod weather the bike path also works most of the year offering scenic vistas as you run or bike on our free bikes.

Thanks for this generous review -- we appreciate it!

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just got back to NYC after spending the wonderful, relaxing weekend in Cape Cod, and we stayed at the Woods Hole Inn for two nights. We arrived late at night, and the staff were very accommodating and left the keys for us in an easy spot to find. We were staying in room 1, on the ground floor. There was a lovely cheese platter and prosecco waiting for us in the room, a nice welcome treat.

The Inn is quaint, tasteful, and extremely cozy. The beds are so comfortable, it was like sleeping on. a cloud. The breakfast was SO delicious! Our first morning, quiche and fruit/Greek yogurt were served, and the second morning it was eggs and Portuguese sausage, which made my husband very happy. I am a vegetarian and informed the staff ahead of time, and they had other delicious foods that I enjoy.

Woods Hole Inn is in a great location at the beginning of the bike trail. We biked to Falmouth, had some tea and ate lunch, got massages from Bellezza MedSpa (highly recommend Angie and Rebecca!), and ended our evening watching the last sunset of the season on the dock by the Landfall Restaurant, which is located right across the street from the Inn.

Highly recommend! You won't regret it! We can't wait to go back!

Don't forget to stop by the Pie in the Sky next door for some amazing popovers!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Dsgnr33 -

I am so glad you found the inn tasteful and cozy, and the bed comfy as a cloud! Love that. We are thrilled to host New Yorkers who find the laid back lifestyle up here is a great way to unwind from city living. Love that you enjoyed the pastries at Pie in the Sky and a massage at Bellezza Day Spa. We are lucky that Falmouth is packed with great businesses like our neighbors here in Woods Hole so there is always plenty of fun relaxing stuff to do.

Hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I needed a place to unwind and regroup after taking care of his ailing Dad and other responsibilities for the last 7 years. I was drawn by the wonderful tub and bath and lovely looking rooms. The room, tub, shower and locally made shampoos and soaps were just the answer. We also took the Inn's bikes to Falmouth on the bike trails one day (which is right by the Inn) and on suggestion from a lovely staff person visited Sandwich and Barnstable. We also took the Ferry to Martha's Vineyard to visit a friend and you can park at the Inn which looks right at the Ferry.

The breakfasts were delicious with beautiful Greek yogurt, loads of fresh fruit, delicious coffee, some yummy baked delight and egg dish everyday (we stayed 3 nights). You cannot get a better breakfast. The common areas were restful and had videos, books, games and such.

We were there off season and I would recommend this as well if you need a break. The local area has lots to look and enjoy even now.

Thank you to everyone at the Woods Hole Inn!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Nbirds for this nice review. There are at least three days worth of fun things to do with the Woods Hole Inn as your home base and I am glad to hear you enjoyed some of our suggested activities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Woods Hole soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had the best time staying at the Woods Hole Inn! My Wife and I selected the Woods Hole Inn when we were looking for places to in Cape Cod for our wedding. We live in Texas and neither of us had been to Cape Cod but she loves lighthouses and was dead set on that location.
On their website they have an elopement package for an extremely reasonable price which seemed like a good idea since we knew nothing about the area. It was the best decision we could have made for our trip! They took care of everything from coordinating with the property owners of the lighthouse, flowers for the ceremony, champagne in our room and a wonderful photographer. All we had to do was show up and say "I do"! It removed a ton of stress that I know we would have felt trying to do all of those ourselves. Thank ya'll so much!!
Also, our room was beautiful. The private deck overlooking the bay showed us some of the most breathtaking sunsets we have seen.

Chad and Kendall -

We love elopements, they are always so much fun, but yours was truly sublime. I have never seen the light so gorgeous out at Nobska Lighthouse, it was as if someone was watching out for you guys. Seeing you together with your immediate families circled around you made me think about the power of love, of commitment, of pure joy. I know you will have decades of happiness together, and I hope you come back and visit us on your anniversaries.

For curious readers, you can see the wedding photos I took that day, which Chad and Kendall graciously allowed me to use in the Woods Hole Inn blog.

Congratulations to you both!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This B&B can be a model for others to emulate. Rooms are very nice and well decorated with personal touches that really make you feel welcome. The staff is top notch and worked as a team each day to make guests feel like family. Being a former inn owner I know what it takes to make a B&B successful and Beth and crew set the mark/goal very high for other B&B's to reach.

Beth and crew, thanks again for a great visit and hope you have continued success.

Room Tip: We had Room 10 with a view of the street but it was very quite and cozy. We loved it!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much, Sam and Marsha, for coming all the way up here from the Bayou. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you both, and to share our common history with the name "Woods Hole Inn" For the curious reader, take a look at our blog and learn all about Sam and Marsha's scary experience in Hurricane Katrina, and their recent trip up here to give me the sign that once graced their property. America is filled with good people, and you guys are among the best. I feel incredibly lucky that the serendipity of the name Woods Hole Inn brought us together.

I hope you come back, and next time bring the whole family! Or maybe I'll have to just do what you did in reverse -- hop in the car and drive four days south to see you!

Sending my very best -

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I shared a wonderful weekend in Woods Hole and the Inn was perfect. Spacious, clean and a comfortable room was second only the exceedingly helpful staff which went above and beyond duty. In particular Amanda, Rachel, and Chester were outstanding! Very good breakfast.

We have travelled extensively throughout the country staying in many top shelf hotel/resorts of which the Woods Hole Inn compares very favorably. The perfect stay for a jump off point for Martha’s Vineyard. You will not be disappointed with this property; we will plan on returning to this property in the future.

Tobias T

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks Tobias -- this is a great review and we appreciate it. I do hope you are good to your word and come back as we would all love to see you again!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My trip to Martha's Vineyard, to visit a friend, was a bit complicated to coordinate. I planned to travel by train and bus from Buffalo, New York. Timing was everything and I was not sure I would be able to make the last ferry of the day(also first ferry on Monday) so I needed a place to stay overnight on both ends of my weekend. I can only say that from the moment I walked in ,weary from 18 hours of travel , I felt like I arrived at the most wonderful, comfortable oasis possible. Having stayed at numerous hotels, B&B's and resorts, I can honestly say that Woods Hole Inn has become my all time favorite. Everything from the helpful staff, creative decorating and delicious food (they even packed me breakfast to go- who ever heard of that?) was beyond my expectations. Don't tell my Vineyard friend, but my stay at Woods Hole Inn was the highlight of my weekend.
Bea S

Room Tip: I enjoyed room #11 on the front street side. More like a suite- nautical decorating theme- very...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Villageartist

Hi Bea -

"Comfortable oasis" was just what we were going for when we designed the place, so I am deeply appreciative that you used those words. This is a lovely review and we are so grateful. Don't tell your Vineyard friend... just come back and see us again! Shhhh:)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woods Hole
#2 of 2 in Woods Hole
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#7 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Woods Hole Inn? Share your experiences!