“Simply Delightful”

Ranked #1 of 2 Woods Hole B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Simply Delightful”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Penzance room this past week. We were thrilled by the personal attention and comfort of the Inn. When we arrived we were given a personal tour of the public areas and of our room. The room itself was gorgeous, better than the pictures and well worth the extra price for the balcony. The breakfast was delicious and left us full for hours afterwards. I can't say enough good things about our experience and highly recommend it for everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just spent the weekend at the Woods Hole Inn and had a great time. The staff was great and really made us feel welcome and took good care of us. The morning breakfasts are AMAZING!! The rooms are super cute and have nice little touches like pitchers for water, wine glasses and robes :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The rooms were beautiful and spacious. The location was great, right in the heart of town but wirhout the noise. Each morning we had very yummy breakfasts , and the owner and staff were very friendly. They have an on-site casual restaurant with some of the tastiest food in town. We ended up having at least one meal a day there every day. Still craving the lobster tacos and house made sangria.
Really, it was an ideal vacation. We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2013
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

From the moment I called, too early I might add, and had a return call from Beth herself, I knew that attention to detail was evident. A lovely room, and pet friendly (if only I had brought my little fur baby Medallion). I might add that one would never know a pet has ever stayed in this room. Bright, modern and immaculate, I would recommend it to the Royal Family, if only I knew them. The homemade breakfast offered something for every palate. Nice basket of local complimentary treats, the bedding, exquisite. The only negative comment, I had to return to Canada too soon, but I will be back, and will recomend this Inn to all of my friends in Ma. and Nova Scotia.

Room Tip: Wonderful if looking for accomidations for you and your pets.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Ithaca, New York, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I am so thrilled with our experience with Woods Hole Inn. Let me tell you what made our room unique: It was sparkling clean - there was not a speck of dust, nor a water spot anywhere! I am a clean junkie, and felt like you understood.

The decor was uniquely charming and interesting. I haven't slept in freshly ironed sheets since I was a child! The breakfast was delicious, location central, staff very helpful and attentive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed for an entire week at this Inn, which was completely renovated in 2010. The Inn is perfectly located in Woods Hole, just a block away from the Martha's Vineyard Ferry dock. It was a perfect location for day tripping in the area. There are fewer than a dozen rooms and the guests are all adults. The breakfast each morning was superb. Always cut fresh fruit, granola and Greek Yogurt; a savory such as quiche or a breakfast casserole; homemade croissants, blueberry muffins, coffee cakes. Excellent coffee. The breakfast room is bright and sunny and comfortable. The only letdown was the quality of the furnishing in our sitting room, Room 5 - they had seen many better days. Small bathroom but acceptable for an old inn. Two nice decks and a lounge as well. Friendly and helpful staff. It was a good choice for us - we wanted a calm, relaxing home base for a week off, and we found it here.

Room Tip: If you want a sitting room as well as a bedroom, choose Room 5.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Woods-Hole-Inn, General Manager at Woods Hole Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Sandy -

Thank you so much for this lovely review. I am glad the two room suite was a good home base for exploring Cape Cod.

We appreciate your feedback re the furniture. I suspect you were concerned with water marks on our original Heywood Wakefield bureau, and I will admit that I have been torn between preserving it's original finish and re-finishing it because of the antique value of this collectible. Your comments have helped me resolve this question, and we will be sure to sand and re-varnish it as soon as possible. Looking fresh, new and clean trumps "antique" any day in our book. Our aesthetic is "vintage restored" but the emphasis on "restored" can not be neglected!!

Without your honest feedback, we can not improve and I am sincerely grateful that you took the time.

best,

Beth Colt
28 Water Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543
(508) 495-0248
Brantford
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Spent two nights as part of an Anniversary trip. Very cozy and charming inn. Breakfast was delicious. Recommend using the bikes available and ride the beautiful trail. Was disappointed that a few of the restaurants on Water St were not open yet and one we went to even ran out of food. Would love to go back to the Inn in the fall

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Cheryl -

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are so grateful to several local restaurants that stay open year round including Pie in the Sky Bakery, Fishmonger, Coffee Obsession, Leeside, Captain Kidd and Woods Hole Market. Sorry to hear the early spring rush overwhelmed one of them during your visit.

Fall is an especially great time to be in Woods Hole as the water remains really warm and we get these wonderful late summer days where the beaches are empty and fantastically beautiful. Hope to see you again then.

best,

#1 of 9 in Falmouth
Inn on the Sound
Inn on the Sound
#3 of 9 in Falmouth

Been to Woods Hole Inn? Share your experiences!