Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Woods Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: Internationally renowned marine biology research center.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

A two story exhibit in an old house. If you are into ALVIN, then you would love it. Small with some good exhibits. The woman curator was great. You can give a donation on the way out.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We enjoyed this aquarium which featured lots of local fish in tanks. You could also go behind the wall to view the tanks from the other side, as well as watch the feeding of the seals. Small and interesting!

1  Thank MaxandKrista
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I took our 2 children here. It's a small little museum even with the 2 floors, but the displays were interesting and we enjoyed our time there. We were there on the off season, so found a close place to park, but I can see how it would be impossible to find a parking place during the summer. Admission is free, although we left a donation.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have a few relatives that have worked at WHOI over my lifetiime. WHOI is near and dear to my heart and all that it stands for.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I really wanted to see a seal, so I knew that would have one here. The attraction is free with a suggested donation. We had a really good time, getting a chance to see up close all the fish and other creatures you can see in the ocean around Cape Cod. There is also a petting area where you can touch a starfish and other sea life. Oh, and I found a seal, two to be exact. They were playful and fun to watch, We missed feeding time which I believe is at 4PM. Nice chance to learn about the ocean and spend an hour.

2  Thank John B