“Great Little Hotel off of the Interstate.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington

Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great Little Hotel off of the Interstate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Stayed in this gem of a hotel in July 2010 following our terrible stay at the Sheraton in Wakfield,Ma seven miles north. The Marriott is what a Marriott is whether your staying in the 4Stars or the 2plus Star Marriotts, a clean comfortable safe hotel with professional employees. Located just 2miles from interstate I93 and I95. The hotel is also located in the town of Woburn which provides places to eat, shop, banks, gas, etc. If your traveling through Ma. or sightseeing in Ma. this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Hebrew first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

What we liked -
1)Staff very helpful, hotel clean and neat, cleaning crew did a wonderful job 2)
small fridge and microwave in the room was a nice surprise 3) hotel had a snack area where you could buy sodas, snacks, and other necessities without using a vending machine which made the choices better 4) on site business center with printer - easy to use, open to all guest with no hassle (did not have to ask for a key or get a special password) 5) on site pool 6) no smoking in hotel at all. 7) Relatively close to points of interest (aquarium, prudential, quincy market, musuems, universities) 8) quiet - did not hear a lot of traffic or other outside noises- No train sounds to worry about like the complaints about the other Woburn Marriott.
What we did not like -
1) Air conditioner in room made a few quirky noises as it cycled on and off of desired temperature. This took a little getting use to but by no means was it horrible. I just wanted to note this for those of you who are very, very light sleepers.
2) This hotel is not close to the subways, buses, trolleys, etc.. It is close to a very convenient commuter rail station (must drive to it) but the cost to ride the rail into Boston so you can ride the subway, buses, or trolleys was a little expensive. We paid $19 for two adult round trip tickets on the rail, approx. $4 to park at the commuter rail station, and approx. $7 round trip for the subway. It still beat the parking in Boston by about $10-$15 and definitely was worth it to avoid the horrible Boston traffic but we could have saved even more if we did not have to use the commuter rail. Botton line - If you are hoping to use public transportation a lot on your trip - you may want to consider staying a little closer to Boston to catch the subway but far enough away not to pay Boston hotel prices (do your research - Boston's public transportation web site is wonderful). 3) Business Center only had one computer

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Tidy and pleasant accomodations. We happened to be on a floor with out an ice machine after a day of extensive walking when quick access to an ice pack would have added considerably to my wife's comfort. I eventually found one.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Service was very good, hotel was clean and reasonably priced. The staff could not have been nicer, from check-in to breakfast service. I left my jacket in my room, and Lynn quickly FedEx'd it to me in Washington DC. Room was clean and comfortable, and the handicap-access bathroom was enormous! Even though my room was across from the elevator and the window overlooked the entrance & busy road, it was still very quiet. Ear plugs were provided just in case. The pool area looked very nice, even though we did not use it. Hotel has ample free parking. There is also a restaurant right next door.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Craig R, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I am pleased that you enjoyed The Bistro and hotel amenities. For your next trip, you might visit the Sea Dog Brewery which is directly next door and easily walkable for lunch or dinner. Thank you for taking the time to write this review!
winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

I generally only stay at a Mariott when I'm travelling on business, and therefore not the one paying. The prices are usually OK, but I am always surprised at how much they charge for things that are free at other hotels, such as breakfast and wireless internet. This hotel is an older property the has been very nicely upgraded and is well maintained.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

As a Female traveler, I always stay at Marriott Hotels because I trust the Company and feel secure. After a bad flight experience coming into Boston I was taken to this Hotel even though I was booked at the other Courtyard in Woburn. Instead of getting another cab I decided to just stay here and cancel my original reservation. When I arrived at the Hotel there was no one at the desk and the phone was ringing off the hook. This went on for 10 minutes!! I wandered around looking for anyone who could help me. When I came back to the front desk there was a clerk who looked like he had just rolled out of bed. When I asked for a room he DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING!!! He just started typing and then uttered "Credit Card?" Are you kidding me?? This is a Marriott?? When he finished checking me in and just handed me the key and went behind the desk saying nothing. I said, "Excuse me where am I going???????" He then came back out and pointed to the right. I asked him for his name and he wouldn't give it to me. I had an early meeting the next morning and a late morning flight after that. After a long day of travel and another one the next day, I didn't have the energy to look for anyone the next day, I had to leave. Obviously a POOR decision on my part to stay at this Hotel. Very Dissapointing

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank xecucon
nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

I recently spent a long weekend at this hotel and would highly recommend it! The staff at the hotel were very accommodating and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and provided us with great information about the area. The rooms, as well as the common areas of the hotel, were very clean and comfortable. The location was perfect, close enough to Boston but with the value of being just outside the city. A perfect location, exceptional staff and superb hotel environment! Thanks for a great weekend - we'll be back!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
3.5 of 5 stars 752 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Residence Inn Boston Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington? Share your experiences!