“Nice hotel”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Shanghai, China
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

It's not far from Boston, but very quite. The hotel entrance is under construction when we go there. So we need to stop by the side. It is complimentary parking, 10 mins walk to the Woburn mall/supermarket/gas station/restaurant. Swimming pool is closed during this period.

Room Tip: Good value for a sleep if you don't want to live in Boston.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Craig R, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I am very pleased to see that you rated your stay with us a 5/5! I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during the sidewalk construction. The work at the front entrance is complete and we are open for business! Also, for your future reference, our outdoor pool is open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend. Thank you for choosing our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed April 15, 2013

It was fine for a Courtyard. Service was mediocre. Good location though. The renovation could have been explained better prior to booking, would most likely have chosen another hotel - no compensation offered for inconvenience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the front drive of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of communication regarding our renovation. While we posted our renovation notices on many booking sites, admittedly, some were missed and I do apologize. The hotel renovation is complete and I hope you will visit us again should your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you for staying with us!
Draper, Utah
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed a few nights during their renovation of the side exits. This wasn't a problem at all during the stay. They cleaned the stairwells up after each day so getting to my floor wasn't a problem. The hotel was pretty close to the Burlington mall if you have a car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I am glad that the construction of our sidewalks at our side entrances did not inconvenience you. Renovations can be challenging and we work hard to minimize the impact to our guests. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy a visit Burlington Mall during your trip. Thank you for staying with us! Please come again!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The place looks great after renovations! Our room was very nice and we loved the new bistro area where we could hang out and have breakfast. The staff was very friendly and was very surprised to have such a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I am thrilled to see that you rated our hotel a 5/5! While the renovation was certainly a challenge, we are very proud of the results and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for visiting our Bistro for breakfast and please visit us again should your travels bring you back to the area!
Saratoga County, NY
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'm a Courtyard fan, and have stayed at this Courtyard two times before. However, this trip will be my last. The main problem is that this property is renovating their lobby and restaurant, and they decided to "hide" that fact from their customers. Knowing that reservations in this area can be hard to get at the last minute, especially at reasonable rates, I made my reservation here about two weeks ago. Then three days before my arrival, I get an e-mail announcing that their breakfast restaurant is closed due to the renovations.

When I complained about the short notice I was informed by the manager that there is an announcement on their web site. After some searching I did find the notice, right under the big photos of the lobby and restaurant that no longer exits, and just above the part of the web page that tells potential customers about their wonderful breakfast, including custom eggs, a service they do not provide during the renovation.

The hotel does have a "free" continental breakfast in a dingy room on the second floor, but there are few selections and some items are not properly refrigerated. Who thought this would be a reasonable substitute for the normal restaurant? Who decided to leave the old photos and descriptions on their web site so their customers would probably not find the notice about the renovations and lack of those pictured services until they had not other reasonable options? It's hard to believe these people are in the "hospitality" business. Next time I will choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have very noisy heating/AC units, so check the one in your room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor communication you received regarding the renovations taking place and the changes taking place surrounding our breakfast at the time of your visit. Also, please pardon my delayed response to your review. While I am new to the property, it does not excuse the poor communication you experienced. Admittedly, changes to our website were not as timely as they should have been and misrepresented our offerings at the time. For this, I completely understand your frustration and I do apologize. Now that our renovation is complete and our website has been updated, I hope that you will give us another chance to provide the service you expect from Marriott. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with your reservation so that I can personally take care of you!
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We had to stay there for more than a week. During the hurricane sandy we informed from the manager that we might evacuate the place due to the lack of generators . The linens need some update especially the towels and the comforters . They did not have a VCR player and they give you a device to plug in when you ask them and a collection of old video movies. Personnel polite .it was a good choice because it is close to winchester hospital where I had a surgery, otherwise there are not so much to do in the hotel or around.

• Stayed October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

our sixth stay in this Marriott . as always easy parking, fast checkin and out, spacious rooms, excellent beds and linen, fine bathroom, and a great breakfast, simple , but lots of choice and super friendly cook making great omelets , eggs any style.
the ladies behind the reception are welcoming, service minded and genuine.
price for Boston standards is unbeatable.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family