“Perfect for the Business Traveler”

Hilton Boston / Woburn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Altus, Oklahoma
“Perfect for the Business Traveler”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

No issues with this hotel - they maintain the Hilton standard of excellence. Location is great for the business traveler who might want to avoid the clammer of down town Boston. Very close to the Executive airport outside of town. If you do want to explore Boston, I recommend hotels closer to city center - this is not a tourist hotel.

Food was great and service the best. The front desk was very good for helping the out of town traveler find some good food.
Rooms were well decorated, clean and modern - no issues. Great value overall.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Boston
Reviewed August 31, 2009

The good: Extremely courteous and polite at the front desk, and throughout the hotel. Nice initial feel walking in. Great indoor pool in which your balcony over looks if you are on that side of the complex. The pool has what looks like sails covering it which provides some privacy to both the patrons at the pool and anyone on their balcony. It looks really nice. The pool area also has cabanas scattered around with comfortable seating...and even privacy sheers. The lounge is right next to the pool with the same cabanas....kind of giving this a resort like theme. Above you in the pool area is all glass so you can see outside. We really liked it especially since TS Danny was going by while we were there and it was pouring outside. The breakfast buffet was good. It was included in our rate. The executive lounge was a nice touch where it was stocked with water, sodas, coffee, tea etc. It has seating and a flat screen TV. We were able to watch a couple of movies completely alone which was a plus. The guest room was decorated nicely and clean. The bed was really comfortable. The fitness center was great.

Okay, now the not so good. The hotel is not non-smoking. So when we would open our balcony to look over the pool the smell of cigarette smoke would fill our room. There was no vent in the bathroom to try to get some of the smell out. It really was a downer to go to a non smoking room and still have to smell smoke. I think it is because people in the smoking rooms would open their balcony doors to get fresh air and it would make the rest of us suffer. The hotel needs to go non-smoking. The carpet in the exective lounge needs to be replaced. It is wrinkled up. There should be an age restriction for the executive lounge because the last night we were there a group of kids trashed the place, broke glass, took a full bowl of little candies and proceeded to throw them out of their balconies over the pool. So the next morning when we looked outside our balcony there were all the little candies, empty soda cans, half eaten apples, silverware and paper airplanes on top of the sails that cover the pool. No sure if anything made it into the pool. I had called the front desk when I saw the kids in there and asked if there was an age restriction for that room and was told there wasn't. I know the hotel cannot be responsible for everyone's actions, but they can set policies on the room which might have prevented what happened. Another small thing....the guest room was nicely decorated as I mentioned...the only thing that stuck out was the 27" tube television. A flat screen would have made all the difference. Perhaps this is in the works but I thought I'd mention it. The hotel allows pets on the first floor. We didn't really like seeing a dog in the lobby or hearing one bark. It just seemed odd. I hope that the Hilton reads this to know that they are doing a great job but also to address some of the issues. I would recommend this to a friend but I would let them know about these things.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Quebec
Reviewed August 19, 2009

Went to Boston for a weekend with the kids. Stayed at the Hilton Woburn. Kids loved the pool. Only 15 minutes drive to get back to the hotel after the Bruins game.

Since I don't like driving in Boston (I'm not sure anybody does !!), I parked at the cambridgeside galleria. Great rates on the weekend.

Got tickets to the Blue Man Group at the BosTix (faneuil hall), kids loved the show, a must see.

If you can't book a downtown hotel at a reasonable price, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
South Jersey
Reviewed August 4, 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful stay. The room was immaculate, spacious and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had the bed and breakfast plan and the breakfast buffet had a wide range of things to choose from plus a chef making omelets. The coffee was great. The location is a little out of the way but still only minutes from anything you'd want to see provided you don't get lost in Boston's crazy street layout. The things I wish they had were free internet instead of a $9.95 per day charge and a religious channel on the TV. Overall, the price/value can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
montreal,canada
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Located at the split of interstate 93 and 95. 30 miles from Cape Ann and 15miles from downtown Boston, location is perfect... If you have a car. Very nice lobby area with pool and bar, easy parking and comfortable rooms. Staff is easygoing and helpful. Prices in the lobby bar are out of this world.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I stayed overnight here on Memorial Day, it was my first Hilton experience. Based on the reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect. My first impression was that the hotel was very, very quiet, not a lot of traffic, and the parking lot was mostly vacant. This could be either a good or a bad thing! First, the good...

The reception area was roomy and clean, with class. I was pleasantly surprised that the rate for a 1 person, king-size room, amounted to a little over $100 dollars after taxes. Usually for that kind of rate, I'd be staying at a budget motel/hotel such as Holiday Inn and the like. The staff was friendly, and I was bumped up to the 6th floor for no extra charge - fantastic! The upper levels of the hotel are pricier, but that comes with access to a club lounge that is stocked with bottled water, various sodas, which are all free for you to enjoy. My room had a mini-fridge, a sofa, neat furniture with marble tops, and a comfortable work-desk with a leather chair. The hotel was mostly vacant, so it felt like I had most of it to myself. There was a personalized card in my room, my check-out was a breeze. I definitely felt that the staff was welcoming.

The downsides of the room include: being able to hear what was going on in the next room, the TV's swivel didn't rotate much, the pillows/linen smelled like they've been mass boiled during the washing process (most likely that's what happened!), and finally, there were a few dirty stains in the bathroom. I'm nit-picking here, and the only real downside is probably the bathroom, it could've been cleaner.

I think the main reason why the hotel doesn't get much traffic, is its location. You wouldn't notice it from the street, and its secluded area definitely doesn't help. The only places that you can walk to, are some small shops on an adjacent road. There is an underground garage to keep your car out of the sun. The hotel is located right next to Route 128 AKA I-95, so getting out is a breeze. There are malls along the highway, from budget to premier, so shopping is easily accessible.

Overall, my experience at this hotel was great. I got to stay at a nice place, with a great staff, for an unbelievably low price. I expected the worst but it turned out to be anything but. Pay no mind to the reviews that critique the room's decor and other trivial matters, if you want to be spoiled like a diva, go buy your own building.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Recently stayed at Hilton Boston/Woburn on a business trip in Boston Metro. I have stayed here in the past but didn't know of a more ideal location so I thought I would stay here again.

I am a Hilton Diamond Memeber so assigned room on executive level. Let me begin by making it clear, the staff here is GREAT! They are all very nice, helpful and go above and beyond to make things right and make your stay enjoyable. The property does need a little help however an dhere is what I am referring to. Room A/C is not so good, I had it set to 60 expecting I would have frost bite in no time at all and this didn't even cool it to a comfortable level for my liking. I had the tech in to check it out and we even went into another room on the other side of the floor and it was no better. They also still allow smoking inside this hotel in specified sections, gross! The bathroom, eh.....mold in places, caulk coming up around the shower, toilet flush weak, found ants in bathroom, rugs stained......chair too low for ideal sitting when doing work.

So, all in all it needs help BUT they are eager to make things right and will address your concerns here. Just doesn't seem to fit the profile of a Hilton brand hotel. I would stay here again ONLY because I don't know of any other nice properties in this area which I like, that I am willing to try. I will look around for my next trip in July.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business