“well worth the price”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
montreal,canada
“well worth the price”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Located at the split of interstate 93 and 95. 30 miles from Cape Ann and 15miles from downtown Boston, location is perfect... If you have a car. Very nice lobby area with pool and bar, easy parking and comfortable rooms. Staff is easygoing and helpful. Prices in the lobby bar are out of this world.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 27, 2009

I stayed overnight here on Memorial Day, it was my first Hilton experience. Based on the reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect. My first impression was that the hotel was very, very quiet, not a lot of traffic, and the parking lot was mostly vacant. This could be either a good or a bad thing! First, the good...

The reception area was roomy and clean, with class. I was pleasantly surprised that the rate for a 1 person, king-size room, amounted to a little over $100 dollars after taxes. Usually for that kind of rate, I'd be staying at a budget motel/hotel such as Holiday Inn and the like. The staff was friendly, and I was bumped up to the 6th floor for no extra charge - fantastic! The upper levels of the hotel are pricier, but that comes with access to a club lounge that is stocked with bottled water, various sodas, which are all free for you to enjoy. My room had a mini-fridge, a sofa, neat furniture with marble tops, and a comfortable work-desk with a leather chair. The hotel was mostly vacant, so it felt like I had most of it to myself. There was a personalized card in my room, my check-out was a breeze. I definitely felt that the staff was welcoming.

The downsides of the room include: being able to hear what was going on in the next room, the TV's swivel didn't rotate much, the pillows/linen smelled like they've been mass boiled during the washing process (most likely that's what happened!), and finally, there were a few dirty stains in the bathroom. I'm nit-picking here, and the only real downside is probably the bathroom, it could've been cleaner.

I think the main reason why the hotel doesn't get much traffic, is its location. You wouldn't notice it from the street, and its secluded area definitely doesn't help. The only places that you can walk to, are some small shops on an adjacent road. There is an underground garage to keep your car out of the sun. The hotel is located right next to Route 128 AKA I-95, so getting out is a breeze. There are malls along the highway, from budget to premier, so shopping is easily accessible.

Overall, my experience at this hotel was great. I got to stay at a nice place, with a great staff, for an unbelievably low price. I expected the worst but it turned out to be anything but. Pay no mind to the reviews that critique the room's decor and other trivial matters, if you want to be spoiled like a diva, go buy your own building.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Recently stayed at Hilton Boston/Woburn on a business trip in Boston Metro. I have stayed here in the past but didn't know of a more ideal location so I thought I would stay here again.

I am a Hilton Diamond Memeber so assigned room on executive level. Let me begin by making it clear, the staff here is GREAT! They are all very nice, helpful and go above and beyond to make things right and make your stay enjoyable. The property does need a little help however an dhere is what I am referring to. Room A/C is not so good, I had it set to 60 expecting I would have frost bite in no time at all and this didn't even cool it to a comfortable level for my liking. I had the tech in to check it out and we even went into another room on the other side of the floor and it was no better. They also still allow smoking inside this hotel in specified sections, gross! The bathroom, eh.....mold in places, caulk coming up around the shower, toilet flush weak, found ants in bathroom, rugs stained......chair too low for ideal sitting when doing work.

So, all in all it needs help BUT they are eager to make things right and will address your concerns here. Just doesn't seem to fit the profile of a Hilton brand hotel. I would stay here again ONLY because I don't know of any other nice properties in this area which I like, that I am willing to try. I will look around for my next trip in July.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2009

We stayed there for 3 nights and the beds were great! Woburn is very close to the highways so it was very easy to get to Boston, to Foxboro and to Cape Ann. The view from the hotel is not so great but it's not a hotel for staying there all day but a great place to sleep and then go to visit Boston and the surrondings.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
BittersweetBOS
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I have stayed at this Hilton twice and I sadly did not have a best experience both times. The first time I was complete ignored when I asked for towel at the pool. However the bar tender was very good to me. The second time, room service was terrible. My food was burnt and my salad was soggy. I really like the building lay out with the indoor pool. It has cabana-like areas where you can have your own private area, plus there's a gate to walk up the bar with comfortable patio furniture. The bedding and rooms are up to par with Hilton standards. There is nice transportation service to Woburn's Anderson terminal where you can take buses around town or to Logan, as well as the commuter rail into Boston

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Carlsbad, CA
Reviewed January 14, 2009

I found a great deal on this Hilton at $119.00/night for the weekend. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay near the subway. (I know wrong name). The hotel was very clean and quiet with tour groups as their clients. Be aware that this hotel in not near the subway station. You can get a lift from the Hilton shuttle to the station from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. The shuttle from the airport stops at this station which is very convienient. The hotel shuttle will also take you to the local mall nearby that has your chain restaurants and a delicious pizza place. If you want to stay late in Boston, this is not the place for you. If you are an early riser and plan ahead with your meals this is a good place to stay. The closest place to eat was a Au Bon Pan.

Stayed October 2008
New Hampshire
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We stayed there because we lost power due to the Ice Storm of 08. I work in Cummings Park next door so it wasn't so much a culture shock. I'm surprised at the previous comments regarding the housekeeping...don't blame them or the hotel...you're paying less than a $100...what do you expect. I loved the hotel for the money.

Pet friendly and the rooms were very open.

The gym was small but had good cardio equipment and enough weights to make you sore.

I actually thought the place was very clean. Good job housekeeping!

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — It's Woburn Not Boston
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)