“Horrible Hilton By All Measures”

Hilton Boston / Woburn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Chicago
“Horrible Hilton By All Measures”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the Woburn Hilton for a sports tournament the weekend of Veterans Day. We came in early and our entire stay lasted 5 days.Of the 5 days there was only 1 day that we received clean towels, shampoo and basic necessities like TOILET paper despite calling the front desk several times asking for it. The staff made it seem as of a basic request like this was putting them out. There was no apologies whatsoever.

On the 2nd day housekeeping left the door of our hotel room open !!!!

This was a horrible hotel and I would NOT recommend staying here. You will regret it !!! When you take a hot shower the fire alarm is right outside of the bathroom so apparently the steam sets off THE FIRE ALARM !!!!!!!' The piercing sound woke everyone up When the front desk called that they got notice that the fire alarm went off they were annoyed. There was no-concern about safety nor did they mention that we should be aware that the steam from the bathrooms would set off the fire alarm as an FYI. Since they did not even inquire if everyone was safe and all right - I assume it is common practice for a fire alarm to go off here.

We ordered room service one night and realized that we accidentally forgot to return a knife. After the 2nd day that Housekeeping left the knife on the floor -we wanted to see how long it would take them to pick up the knife so we purposely left it on the floor as a test. They never picked up the knife by the time we checked out.

The maid service did not CLEAN the room - did not empty the trashcans,we did not get fresh towels despite calling guest services for fresh towels 4x. We were not provided shampoo or conditioner.Again when I would call the front desk and ask to speak to the GM Basil ?? the front desk said he was conveniently never around. I will be calling Hilton Corporate about this stay,

I have stayed at several Hilton's and have never experienced such horrible and rude customer service. I would never stay at this hotel again I would rather swallow nails.

MGV

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank MGV86
Basil B, General Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and we understand this was not your impression. Your feedback on our front desk and housekeeping staff will help us to better deliver our brand promise and award winning hospitality you expect and deserve when staying with us. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. The missteps made by our housekeeping team and the attitude of our service staff will be dealt with appropriately and all staff will be reminded of how important their interactions with guests truly are. I welcome any additional feedback you would like to share and look forward to speaking with you personally at your convenience. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we might show you the quality stay you deserve.

Thank you and my continued apologies,
Basil B
gm491@columbiasussex.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Arrived to find zero towels in our room. Normally not a big deal but when you arrive late and need a shower you don't want to deal with front desk. We waited 30 minutes to call back and see where they were and they just apologized and sent someone else. The next day the maid left garbage strewn about the room and left behind dirty towels. No bellman there to help with bags. Construction going on so it is noisy. A waste of Hilton Honor points. Stay in nearby Salem if you can afford the extra time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Basil B, General Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent stay with us. Please accept our apology for the state of your room upon arrival and for the subpar service you received from our housekeeping staff. I have shared your comments with our team as a reminder of how important our attention to detail is and hope to display a higher level of value and customer service moving forward. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again so we can show you our improvements.

Basil

Travelers are raving about these Woburn hotels

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Firstly, Hilton should really look at their awful, awful website, I tried for an hour to book this stay using Hilton Honours, and as usual, it just fell over. The good news is, I ended up booking it on Hotels.com, and it was $40 cheaper!!

Room is very good, large, good bathroom, great bed, as you would expect from a Hilton, staff were very good also, friendly etc. If you end up in Woburn, its definatley the best local hotel. Fire alarm at 00:20 was not pleasant, I guess its good to know it works, no staff directing people downstairs, or even visable, Fire trucks turned up, turned it off, sent everyone back to bed. There was a leter of appology on the doorstep from the manager, but it was a pain.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the Ice Machines!
St Albans
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was the last of 7 hotels we stayed in on our trip around North East USA - only for 1 night and it was just somewhere to sleep. Hotel is located between an industrial estate and several very busy roads - but room was on the 5th floor and well insulated so couldn't hear any outside noise - some from inside from noisy people making their way back to rooms in the early hours.
This was on the Executive Lounge floor - but the lounge is not open at weekends so couldn't use it. Swimming pool looked good - overlooked by rooms which have balconies on the inside of the hotel. The reception staff were very helpful - pointed us in the direction of Oak Grove station (on the T public transport line) which is a 10 minute drive from the hotel - and was in central Boston within 30 minutes with no parking issues !
The room and bathroom was large (nice toiletries) very large bed and comfortable.
Breakfast was good - nice selection of cold and omelette cooked to order.
Would I stay here again ? As we had stayed in central Boston at the start of the trip I was quite happy to be a little outside and commute in - if this had been the first hotel I had stayed at I would have been a bit disappointed - but you get what you pay for - so maybe.

Room Tip: You can have views of the industrial estate - the car park - or the highways.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Basil B, General Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us outside Boston. I am grateful you chose our property in your tour of the area and pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient for your activities in town. I am sorry you experienced noise issues from other guests as we know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and providing the best hotel experience possible and we hope you will come back and see us if you travel to the area again.

Basil B.
Somewhere, USA
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Well, the lobby was nice, anyway. A few minutes after getting to our room, I had to rescue my wife from the bathroom. Once I managed to get the door open, it looked like it was previously forced open. The strike plate was actually ripped. There was jagged metal sticking out. The plate around the latch on the door was very loose. I managed to tighten it with my keys. Then at least it worked, I went for ice and the ice bucket was dusty. C'mon now!

There were three of us (wife, son, and me). The second day they only gave us 2 bath towels. The worst was the food in my tiny bar area. I don't know what time they closed their main restaurant, but after being a tourist in Boston all day, it being closed before 8:00 seemed odd. with two servers and only about a half dozen tables, the service was awful. We didn't order all that much, and split up an appetizer sampler and a couple sandwiches. The 3 wings in the sampler must have went through the fryer a few times. They were cooked to almost nothing left, the bones were showing! At least the manager, when called over, took it off our bill. We heard the table next to us say their wings were still frozen!!! Never going back there again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Common_Man
Basil B, General Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent family visit to Boston. I appreciate your feedback on your guest room and your experience in our bar area. I understand your aggravation with the restroom door and I will have our maintenance crew fix this problem. I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with our bar food; I have brought your comment to our culinary team and we are actively reworking our offerings with your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback.

Thank you once again for your comments.
Basil Bsisu
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had great things to write about this hotel after my first visit so this review comes with great sadness.

I arrived here for a business visit and remembered my previous visit with fondness. I didn't expect that there'd be such a significant change after my arrival. This hotel is finally getting some of it's much needed renovation but that's not what disturbed me. The worst thing about this visit was the menu that had been changed from my previous visit in January. It's dreadful and has very little or thought to variety.

My colleague and I found something that we'd like only for the food to arrive either cold or in regard to my pizza, mildly warm. My colleagues New England Clam Chowder was taken away and microwaved, not replaced but microwaved. It arrived back in front of him only for it to still be cold.

Hilton Hotel, take note! This is totally unacceptable. You must do better!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Basil B, General Manager at Hilton Boston / Woburn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience dining with us in Woburn. I sincerely apologize that the meal you shared with colleagues was not the quality you expected and we are using your feedback to help us improve. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. Your comments have been shared with our culinary team and wait staff as a reminder of the important role they play in making a guest’s stay enjoyable. As you stated we are in the process of renovating and we hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again to see our improvements.

Basil Bsisu
Philadelphia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel with an impressive lobby and flashy looking bar. The hotel tell looks inward with the bar, pool and meeting rooms visible form your balcony room. The room itself was beyond expectations. Large and artfully appointed including a divan. Large Hi-def TV, cofortabel king bed and nice view and very spacious bathroom made it complete. I think they could up the thread count on their sheets. Slightly rougher than I would expect. The staff was very gracious and a bit fun and they gave me a comp upgrade even though I booked through Priceline. The hotel was undergoing exterior renovations, but that didn't affect anything inside. I liked it so much that even though a had another reservation for the following night closer to other endeavors, I tried to extend my stay. Unfortunately, they were booked. But from now on, this is my go-to hotel when I visit family in the area.