All reviews front desk light sleeper attached restaurant special thanks definitely stay here again convenient location three nights rooms are clean nice room free breakfast short drive excellent stay business trip shawn highway boston amenity
Reviewed June 22, 2016

I made a reservation over Priceline.com, Was taking a trip from upstate NY to Woburn area for my nieces birthday. I had stopped for coffee out in NY but never got my debit card handed back to me after driving 4 hours out towards MA I realized I didn't have the debit card so I called the hotel to see what could be done about checking in without it. I was told there was "nothing they could do" I offered to pay for the incidentals in cash however much they needed I couldn't drive the 4 hours back to get the card and still make it to my nieces birthday party. I then was told the manager would call me back after I had made many attempts to talk directly with him. Then I was directed to his VM which I left a message and never was responded too. Thankfully at last minute I found someone with a credit card to use to check into the hotel. I didn't get a refund or even someone to talk with that seemed to care or want to help me figure this out. Didn't ever get a call back. Long story short WORST customer service I have ever had to deal with and I have worked many years in customer service and for the places I have worked for this treatment of paying customer wouldn't be accepted.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank corinne71988
CLSalow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your experience at our hotel. Please know that the presence of a physical credit card is not only for your security, but ours as well. With credit card fraud being a major crime these days we ask for the card to be present so that we can confirm the identity of the cardholder.

Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

My family and I stayed at your hotel and had a great experience with the front desk person named Amy. She went out of her way to help us out during our stay. Would recommend this place to family and friends.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
CLSalow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Amy has proven that she is a valuable asset to the team and we're pleased to have her here. It's great to hear that she went above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable; your comments will be passed along. We hope you will visit us again.

Christopher S

Reviewed May 30, 2016

Very Clean room, Very Nice HIE express breakfast. A good nights sleep with no issues. Plenty of parking with multiple entrance to the building.
I will definitely put this hotel on my favorites list. Many good places to eat near by. Such as Uno's and 99, Applebees a short distance.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CLSalow, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2016

Thank you for the wonderful review. Having so many great restaurants nearby is a great asset to the hotel. Many of our guests utilize Joe's American Grill, which is attached to the hotel, making it the most convenient place for lunch and/or dinner.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

The friendly staff are the only reason I rated this hotel 3 stars. If you're more interested in convenience than comfort, this may be just right for you. It sits in between very busy I-95/Route 128 and at the stoplight of a busy local road. This means you either have lots of highway traffic or the sound of trucks and loud motorcycles all night long.

They also have spot lights that shine directly on the windows which means your room will look like high noon even at midnight with the shades closed.

To their credit, the bed was comfortable, but the bathroom was about as small as possible.

Breakfast was also convenient, if not particularly tasty.

I was there on a business trip arranged by someone who I think just looked at cost - and it may well be the lowest in the area. But next time, I will spend a little more if necessary to stay someplace where it's possible to get a decent night's sleep.

Room tip: Look around before settling for this place.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear Jay B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you found our staff to be friendly. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the noise levels and our room's lighting condition. Let us assure you that we want nothing more than to ensure your satisfaction up until you leave our hotel so we truly appreciate that you have shared your feedback with us. I am confident that our management will continue to do their best to improve in order to accommodate you better in the future if you give us the chance.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 23, 2016

Decided to stay here for the 5 nights we visited our son, daughter-in-law and 3 grandchildren for birthday celebrations. Hotel was conveniently located and easy to get to from our son's home in Winchester. Parking out front is limited but more available on the side. Popular restaurant attached to building with access from hotel lobby. Comfortable, quiet (5th floor), clean rooms. No issues all week. Just a good comfy place to rest after each day with the grand kids. Nice to have a filling breakfast each morning at the hotel before arriving at the grandchildren's house. One elevator can slow things down during busy times.

Room tip: Higher floors may be better from street and highway noise. Entrance is past hotel next to donut shop (at light).
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elizabeth S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2016

Hello Knox 10SC,

Thank you so much for the feedback you have provided regarding your recent stay with us here at the Holidy Inn Express we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a great time to celebrate with your family. We hope to see you again the next time you visit with your family