“Crowne Plaza Woburn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Long Island, NY
“Crowne Plaza Woburn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

This review is late (stayed July) because I stayed a few months prior and trip advisor wouldn't allow another review. Because this hotel is so clean and comfortable, I have to write this. Both times I stayed requested a quiet room and they never fail to deliver. Hotel was renovated recently and they did a great job. It's a short drive to downtown with some good restaurants. This time my sister accompanied me (she's pickier than I am) and she had nothing but good things to say.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Recently me and my daughter spent a few nights in this hotel. We were impressed with the overall appearance and cleanliness of the hotel in general. Our room certainly met our expectations. Room service and food exceeded our expectations, although the service in the restaurant was a bit slow. The best part of our trip was our encounter with the ladies at the front desk. First of all, being a woman traveling alone with my daughter the extension of excellent customer service is one area that really stands out and makes a huge difference. From the warm smiles we were greeted with by Alexis and Tiffany, to the helpful hints from Alexis of where to eat in the area, where to shop, fun things to do with my daughter, etc. The list goes on... I had the pleasure of encountering these ladies several times and they were just as nice each and every time. Alexis went above and beyond in the area of client satisfaction from the minute we walked through the door till the minute we checked out. We travel often and sometimes if you have seen one hotel, you have seen them all. This is why exceptional customer service is key in the hospitality field. Crowne Plaza Woburn - goal accomplished with these two gems. Look forward to staying again when I am in the area. Thank you Alexis and Tiffany.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kara M
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn is a spotlessly clean hotel with spacious rooms and incredibly comfortable beds. If you're planning to catch some sleep while you're here, though, you might be in for a bad surprise.

I "slept" at this hotel on Friday November 29th and Saturday November 30th 2013. Each night the hotel was hosting a different party (high-school reunions and similar) in its restaurant and conference area, with what I estimated to be at least 100 guests. Each night the parties' guests were screaming in the corridors across my room (on the third floor!) until 3-4 AM, making sleep virtually impossible. When I informed the staff about this, they told me they would send someone up - but the screaming continued nonetheless.

I expressed my displeasure at checkout, yet the staff was not proactive at all: they simply wondered why I hadn't asked for a change of room (at 3 AM??).

As there were two different parties over the weekend, I assume (I do not know for certain) that it is quite common for the hotel to host these kinds of events. I'm sure this is great for business (and the parties did sound fun), but unfortunately it is very detrimental to regular guests who would like to catch some sleep.

I travel to Woburn once or twice a year, and the Crowne Plaza - with its very comfortable beds, perfect cleanliness, good lighting, nice swimming-pool, fast wi-fi and ample parking lot - was a great candidate to become my reference hotel. Unfortunately, though, the staff's flat attitude in the face of a very well-grounded complaint make my return a very improbable possibility.

Room Tip: Before booking at this hotel, I recommend calling to ask whether there's going to be a party dow...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Stefano_Pataro,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am disappointed to hear of the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. We take comments such as these seriously and have sent you a private message in effort to obtain further information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Amenia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Although our room overlooked some of the mechcanicals, it was quiet. The room was clean and comfortable. The shower was outstanding! The staff was friendly and outgoing. The only downside was the Scoreboard Restaurant which we found pricey for average fare.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Good news--this facility has had an internal facelift over the past couple of years and is very nice looking. There is a concierge floor with large rooms and goodies in the lounge. Only 20 minutes to Boston Logan and the restaurant is pretty decent and the staff very welcoming. Perhaps this last comment is the problem. On our last night stay the bar was so overcrowded they had to hand out wrist bands and the people hanging outside smoking and then crowding the elevator were just plain odd. Maybe they were extending Halloween but given how thin the walls are they were also into other "activities". Too bad because this location is perfect for visiting our family in Reading but I wouldn't bring my grandchildren to this place after what I saw. I'm not a prude but the management needs to set some standards for acceptable behavior besides handing out color coded wristbands!

Room Tip: Head to the concierge floor for the best of what this hotel offers--it is secure and only accessible...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is obviously well managed as the inside was spotless. Our room was large and accommodating and the hotel is placed right off the exit.
One of the reasons we booked here was the proximity to Boston proper, just minutes away from Harvard University and all the other surrounding sights.
Also, the hotel has a very large sports bar with great hamburgers and fries.
We would definitely come back.

Stayed October 2013
Woodinville, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our room was clean and very nicely appointed. A nice sitting area so you don't have to sit on the bed for everything. Bed was very comfortable. The location is kind of in the middle of nowhere. Not much amenities to be found unless going down the freeway a bit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2TravelRats
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
Residence Inn Boston Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!