“Great Check-in Experience”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Bowie, Maryland
“Great Check-in Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

As a platinum Priority club member, I love staying at IHG hotels. This hotel took the whole idea of brand loyalty acknowledgement to another level:

First they used my name. Then, they gave me not one - but *two* free items of my choice from the gift shop (snacks, water, etc). Third - they upgraded my room. Fourth - they gave me access to the VIP lounge on the fourth floor, and finally - they gave me a coupon good for $5 off my dinner or lunch in their sports-theme restaurant.

The check-in experience was by far the best part of my stay. That spunky little waitress of mine with the blonde pony-tail - who stood at only 4'11" was dynamite as well.

I would choose this hotel over any other in the Boston area the next time I come to New England just because of how great they made me feel for being a frequent traveler of their hotel group.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Crowne Plaza staff added another night very easily when the road ban went into effect and we showed up 24 hours early! we were delighted to be in a newly renovated room with lots of nice detail. ...the reading lights on the headboard, the weight of the comforter... at the price I was quoted, i never expected a back lit magnifying mirror...the design on the wall of the pool was lovely, the shower at the pool like that at the Hilton Garden Inn [ but for 1/3 less in price]... comfy beds, strong showers! the fitness center had our three favorite machines...we got to know the friendly staff in the restaurant. ..House keeping went to the restaurant to get me herbal tea. ... I loved the rest and relax, recharge pkge.... the hotel took snow off our car., 3 stressed out adults weathered the storm and for very little money. Thank you Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Excellent rooms with a lot of space. Very comfortable beds and pillows. The staff is friendly. A little bit dissapointed by the breakfast, not the best buffet you would expect in this type of hotel. Good location and no noise from the exterior even it is close tothe highway.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quiet. Try to find a room on the corner far from the Bar.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gabriel L
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had a poor experience during my last stay here in November. When I arrived back home, I tried to notify the manager about my dissatisfaction. I didn't care about a refund or anything like that - I just thought he should know that the hotel is lacking in a couple of areas. In particular, the linens were dirty in several areas and that's inexcusable. He never replied, so I tried reaching the executive office at Crowne Plaza. They said they took my comments seriously and would forward my message to the manager. I never got a response from the manager then either. So...basically, I surmised they don't care about customer satisfaction as my concerns were blatantly ignored. Like I said, I don't care about a refund - I just wanted my concerns addressed. I hope that they've done a better job of reviewing their linens and towels before giving them to guests since I stayed there. I can see not noticing one towel is stained, but all of them being stained as well as the sheets? Ridiculous. I'm heading to Woburn again this weekend, and guess where I am staying? Not here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ann T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Ann T,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the cleanliness of our amenities. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We deeply appreciate your feedback as this will assist us in continually improving the services we offer to our guests. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Everett, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

paid a decent amount of money.for this hotel .for very poor service and poor attitudes from there hotel staff.no one kmows whats going on at this hotel.we tryed to get some help before leaving and got no where.talked to the manager the next day and he was clueless himself.then called corporate on this matter and still no got no where.this is a over priced hotel.who just wants your money and does not seem to care about there guest.DO NOT STAY HERE .THERE ARE WAY BETTER HOTELS IN WOBURN.BETTER PRICED AND YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE A HUMAN BEING.

Room Tip: very poor hotel.save your money
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shopinmutha
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear shopinmutha,

Pam G.
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is our third time to stay at this hotel and it was clean and comfortable but we had to ask for non-down pillows upon arrival in the room even though we had specified non-down when we made our reservation. They assured us upon check-in that the room was down-free but of course there were 4 down pillows in the room and we had to call and request hypoallergenic poly-fill be brought up which didn't take long, but it was just the fact that we had to ask again that was a bit disappointing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Like too many Crowne Plazas rated as 3.5-4 star hotels, this one was extremely average. The rooms were generic, the ceilings low. Heat and air came from wall units which were noisy. The bathrooms are small, although the showers were large and smartly appointed with the water controls at the opposite end of the shower nozzle so you don't have to get chilled or scalded while you adjust the water temp. I was surprised at how poor their snow-clearing was. A day after a middling New England snow storm, the parking lot was still covered in sheets of ice and snow. Outside of that, there is nothing wrong with this hotel. There just isn't anything to make you want to come back. I did get a great deal on it from Priceline at $60.00,

Room Tip: Get an upper floor with more light.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Scubatripper
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Scubatripper,

Thank you for posting a a review of our property. I am pleased that you liked the service that we offer. Please accept our sincerest apologies for not being able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. I will make sure that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and be reviewed. Your comments are truly valuable, as this will give us an opportunity to look for areas to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to host you again on your next visit.

Irish V.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!