“Best Value in Woburn”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Best Value in Woburn”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

As a regular International traveler to Woburn, I have stayed at a few different hotels, Best western, and Hilton come to my mind. first time I tried this place, at less than £100 per night, what you get is a great room, King Size bed, very clean, swimming pool and gym Sports bar next door. All the staff I have encountered so far have been super helpful, with a smile. of the Hotels I have stayed at in Woburn, this is for sure the best value for the money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Albany, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for two nights at Thanksgiving and thought it was a very good value at $84 a night plus tax. The rooms were clean and fresh and looked newly renovated, and the beds were firm and comfortable. The hotel staff was welcoming, friendly and efficient. The biggest drawback was that the cooling/heating unit in the room was noisy and the curtains at the window were short (to accommodate the cooling/heating unit) so that morning sun seeped in. Since it was a holiday, we were spending our time with family in the area and did not use many of the hotel facilities, although my husband had a light breakfast in the restaurant and said the staff was friendly and the food average. This is not a resort hotel, but is a solid, comfortable choice for tourists, business people, or those who would spend most of the day out and about.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor so there was no noise from above!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Always have an excellent room... Free Internet ... HDTV.
Some of the staff are exceptionally freindly and professional.
Some of the staff seems a little lost.
The sports bar restaurant caters to a local crowd. Very lively. My guess it's a nice profit center.
As a hotel guest I find it difficult to conduct business and hardly relaxing.
The food is mediocre. Strict rules... I.E. wrist braclets required to be worn by diners . I get it... Not complaining... Just my observation and advising potential guests.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hampden, ME
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband & are eloped in May of this year, but took our mini honeymoon this past weekend to Boston.
We were fortunate to get a room at the Crowne Plaza in Boston/Wobern Massachusetts. They offered us a last minute deal on our room.
The rooms had all been recently renovated.
The room was clean & comfortable.
The staff was friendly & helpful.
We enjoyed the stay, and the convenience of the hotels distance to Boston.
Boston is one of our most favorite cities...we now have a hotel that we would most definitely stay at again!

Room Tip: We were given a room with a king sized bed. Any room with a king size bed, we highly recommend. We w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Judie S
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Great anticipation to get there. I had made special arrangements at the front desk during my stay, and they were wonderful with helping me out. The "bouncer" at the Bar door wouldn't let me in for dinner due to a band playing unless I wanted to pay the cover. Why should I pay a cover to eat? I then requestedenus from the front desk and the woman with glasses couldn't even give me a menu or any help other then to hand me the phone to order from the bar next door...whatever?!

The day service was great..Ashley, I believe was just awesome!
My room was perfect! That king bed, the shower..wonderful!!

The bad part if my first night was..I drove 12 hours straight from Raleigh and checked into my room and go to sleep, to be abruptly woken up from a family banging on my door trying to get in..apparently the women at the front desk at 9:30p gave them the same room keys..not sure how that happens..but the next day, my room was comped for that night..thank you.

I will be coming back up in December for the weekend and hope I can book the same room.

Chris "Boston"

• Stayed October 2012
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As we were touring New England we chose this hotel to be close to Boston to visit.
One person at the reception was not as friendly as it should be.
The room with king size bed was very comfortable, but a fridge was missing. Nice flat screen tv and cosy corner to watch tv, write or read a book.
At night you could hear a constant noise from machines. Airco?

Room Tip: When you want to visit Boston, this is a good location if you do not mind driving into Boston.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Saratoga, NY
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Overall this was a very good overnight stay at a clean, comfortable hotel that is 20-30 minutes from Boston. The newly remodeled rooms are comfortable, clean and fresh. The only thing missing from the completed remodel on the first floor was a fridge and a microwave (the upper floors have them), which the staff quickly and courteously remedied at my request. I paid a premium because of a special event that weekend in Boston, but it was still reasonable. The halls were a little loud with normal conversations and doors closing. I am a very light sleeper so this may not be a problem for others.

The restaurant/bar is another story. The food is a C- at best: edible, but overcooked (chicken and fish dry on the edges) bar food. I'm not sure if the restaurant is affiliated with the hotel or just sharing its space. They do not allow anyone under 21 into the place on weekends after 9. This is inconvenient for families traveling with hungry, tired children, although you could take food to your room. There is a band that plays on the weekends, which I suppose is the reason for this restriction. The band is not worth the walk down the hall. They are bad. The fact that they played music I normally like only made it worse. The good news was that I couldn't hear them from my room at the other side of the hotel.

Bottom line: The hotel is clean and comfortable and staff is responsive and friendly, but don't count on the restaurant as a selling point.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends