“Great place to fill up the kids”

China Pearl Dim Sum & Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 141 Restaurants in Woburn
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We went for Sunday dim sum and we were not disappointed. Our young grandsons knew exactly what they wanted and we managed to eat for about an hour. I cannot honestly say it is excellent food but I have eaten the same quality in Hong Kong. It is reasonable value for money. We did not order anything fancy and we were satisfied. Whitebeard83

Date of visit: September 2013

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was in town with a co-worker on business, we went to the New China Pearl for dinner. It was the worst Chinese food I have ever tasted, I took a few bites and asked for the bill.

Date of visit: November 2013
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We visited this place for dim sum last Friday. We were able to be seated at a large table and they quickly brought out the dim sum carts. The quality of the dim sum was about average but at least we were still able to enjoy it without venturing into Boston itself. We supplemented the dim sum with orders of fried calamari and chinese brocolli (gai lan). I thought the calamari was bland but I liked the chinese brocolli as it tasted fresh.

Date of visit: September 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This Restaurant was a former Chinese Restaurant now leased by a private owner the building shows signs of wear but the new owner is being creative with dishes like twin Lobsters (Chinese style) for $18.99 There is a daily lunch buffet for $8.99 with a good selection
There is also a full Bar with large televisions for sports games and good appetizers
drinks are good and portions are also good
the owner is friendly and takes a lot of pride in his establishment

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived at about 2:30 for lunch, and the buffet was clearly picked over, with not much left in many of the trays. We asked the helpful and attentive wait staff if they could bring out some more of two of the buffet offerings, the beef with broccoli and the lo mein, and they said yes. We were served plentiful helpings of both dishes at our table, and they were surprisingly wonderful! We were only asked to pay the buffet price, which is very modest. The place is very large and was mostly empty at mid afternoon, but the bathroom was clean and, again, the staff is very nice and friendly. I am not sure how the buffet is when it is just laid out, but I would not try it at 2:30 in the afternoon!

Date of visit: June 2013