“Nothing outstanding and disappointed”

Strega Prime Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Strega Prime Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 138 Restaurants in Woburn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nick Varano, owner of Strega, Strega Waterfront, and Nico Ristorante in the Boston area is opening a new high-end Italian steakhouse in Woburn where he wants "everyone to feel like a celebrity." The expansive 352-seat space (312-seats indoors/ 40-seats outdoors) features Strega’s signature sleek design and décor with brilliant light fixtures and deep woods throughout the interior.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

An a la carte menu, loud atmosphere, and I have had much better prepared steaks. I ordered the au poivre Painted Hill sirloin, requested medium rare (should be warm, red, maybe pink) and received a well done steak, gray, no pink, The waiters kept reaching across the table to serve us (we were in a corner but there was room to navigate around the table - frequently had an arm in front your face during the meal). I will say the staff was attentive. The restaurant was very noisy which made it difficult to talk with others at the table, having to speak up during a meal is not relaxing. Others at the table also disappointed with their meal, overall it could have been a better experience.

2  Thank tjzzone

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I attended a private event at this restaurant, so my impressions are based on the limited menu made available to attendees. The very large popover that started the meal was a pleasant surprise, light and tasty. My clam chowder with pancetta was good, and the petite filet was prepared exactly as I requested. My wife enjoyed her mixed green salad, but her salmon filet was overcooked and dry. The creme brûlée was good. The wines selected by the event sponsor ( a Chianti and a Chardonnay) were mediocre, but the wine list appeared to be quite extensive (though perhaps overpriced). The staff did an OK job of dealing with the large crowd, but
several orders were initially mis-delivered to guests at our table.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food and excellent service! Yes, it is expensive, but for a special treat, go to Strega in Woburn!

1  Thank merrifk
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Situated on Rte. 95 where the former Beacon Grille was located, Strega Prime brings city-quality steakhouse to Woburn. This is a great lunch and dinner restaurant for office parks and the courthouse nearby.

My customer / friend and I met for lunch at this hot spot located in an office building in Cummings Park a short 4 minutes from my office.

Since it was May 70 degree weather, the patio was open for business.

I made reservations on Opentable and arrived at noon when parking was ample and the restaurant was still empty. Per our server, the owner had a vision of old Hollywood + New York Steakhouse meets Vegas Glam. I loved the portraits of all the old era hollywood stars displayed on the walls in the bar area. I wasn't a huge fan of the cow hide stools; I thought they were cheesy. The last thing I want to see in steak house is displayed cow parts even if its faux.

The dining room was modern and classy. The red chairs and chandeliers contributed to the Vegas glam sex appeal.

Being a high end restaurant that they are, the server asked if we had a preference for water... I'll stick with the tap! I also ordered an Arnold Palmer.

The assistant server brought over hot popovers and I was in LOVE! The hollow bread is baked with eggs and had a gooey inner lining. The roll was topped off with cheese and served with an addicting butter. I loved that we each got HUGE piece and weren't fighting over the last slice of bread or roll.

We split the fried Parmesan and truffle calamari. They were succulent, fresh and full of flavors. The fried peppers were a great added touch. I thought they were jalapenos but ended up being sishitto peppers. (Never heard of it before) I would easily say the calamari dish is among the top 5 that I've ever had.

We were splitting the 3 course Strega prix fixe menu for $ 21.00 and chose the classic Caesar salad with Parmasean toast for a starter. The dressing had a hint of anchovy in it.

For our entrees, we went with the petite 8 oz Filet Mignon and the chicken milanese. The chicken dish was part of the 3 course package. There was a bit of miscommunication with our server as he didn't know we were in a time crunch and wanted to stagger our meals and waited for us to finish our calamari. We didn't want to get stuffed with apps, salad and carbs so we purposely didn't finish it. 1 PM came and we had to leave

The entrees was ready 15 minutes later and I asked for it to be packed to go along with our 3rd course dessert, ricotta cheesecake.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We came here for Mother's Day dinner and the food was very good, I have the petite filet and it was cooked perfectly. For sides, we ordered the cauliflower, mac& cheese and the brussels sprouts everything was delicous. The staff was attentive, at sometimes overly attentive, but it was busy and they were trying to keep all the patrons happy. The atmosphere is okay, exactly what you would expect at a Steakhouse. If you had previous visited this location as the Beacon Grill they have not changed much of the decor other than some paintings and lighting fixtures. The prices are exactly what you would expect for a high end steakhouse.
This restaurant has great food with an atmosphere and pricing of a typical high end steak house.