“Generic, safe choice”

Joe's American Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's American Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 137 Restaurants in Woburn
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Description: Joe's American Bar & Grill was opened back in 1984. The concept is simple...serve fresh, homemade traditional American food at a reasonable price without compromising quality. We strive to have an elegant, yet casual feel that is welcoming to all.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Joe's provides a comfortable, friendly environment with basic bar/grill food choices. Nothing stands out as amazing, but nothing I have had has been bad either (I've been there 3 times while in the area on business).

Good service and a decent bar selection round out the offerings.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Visited Joes American Bar and Grill on a recent trip to Boston. We were looking for a good quality reasonably priced diner for some comfort food- had spent the day walking Boston- in pretty high temperatures- and just got back to Woburn as the rain/storms arrived.

We'd identified three potential restaurants in the Woburn area- but decided a good US diner was our choice.

Joes didn't disappoint- with good quality food and a pleasant atmosphere- the home made bread was particularly tasty. We had the Chicken Club and the Rack of Ribs- although to be fair we could have chosen a number of items from the menu. All the food we saw being served looked pretty good.

Good diner to visit if you're staying in the area

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I ate at Joe's American Bar & Grill this past weekend when a number of us stayed over in Woburn after spending a day with the throngs of people in Salem, MA!

This restaurant is in a convenient location, on a main road right behind a Hampton Inn and right near a set of on-ramps for I-95. The location was helpful, as we were looking for some good food close to our hotel (Residence Inn by Marriott, Woburn) - it was only just over a mile from there, close to the Woburn Mall and a few other strip malls along the way.

I got their turkey burger - definitely tasty and different, with flavorful spices and visible veggies mixed into the burger. My meal was complete with the addition of some crispy sweet potato fries! The others in the party had some good food as well: Prime Rib special, rack of ribs special and a cheeseburger. They were happy overall with their meals - not out-of-the-ordinary selections, but decent flavor.

I would say there's pretty good variety on the menu; the burgers/sandwiches are average-priced ($11-15), while the specials were more at around $23-25. Overall, we had an ok experience - I would say this is a good place to go if you just want a basic meal in a casual restaurant.

Note: I did see that there's a special brunch menu available on weekends - looked like it might have potential!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nice selection of food, with reasonable prices. The portion size was more than adequate. The staff was good, and the place seems to do quite a good business. The only downside was that the tables were tight, and the chairs were close to neighboring diners on some sides of the tables.

Beware -- the desserts are huge !

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I felt that it was just average. The prices were about the same as everywhere else. The fries were not hot and seemed like the left overs. I wouldn't go back.