“Boston - April”

Polcari's North End Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Polcari's North End Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 133 Restaurants in Woburn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bensalem, Pa
“Boston - April”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I found the staff to be very nice. The food was good. The warm bread with oil was exceptional but I I couldn't finish dinner. On the plus side, I had lunch for the next day.They offer flights of wine and you select any three wines you would like. I would go back again.

• Visited April 2014

Woburn
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Resturant is good for food if you like Italian cause that is all I have ever had there.Service people were very friendly.

• Visited February 2014
San Diego, California
“Big mistake. I want my taste buds back.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Went there to to have a meal and see a friend of a friend play in the bar. We should have stuck to just drinks and seeing the person play.

The only thing that was good (we were warned by another patron, but didn't heed the warning) was the pizza. It was the special of the night, Buffalo Chicken, and it was quite good.

The shrimp scampi was rubbery, served on a bed of pita bread triangles swimming in a garlic cream tomato sauce along with a side of linguini drowning in a garlic butter sauce. Terrible.

It was a cold night so I had the special braised short rib "slow cooked and braised until fork tender and falling off the bone" in a skillet with green pea risotto. What a gastronomical disaster!

The risotto was mush, the short rib was tough, stuck to the bone, and so chewy and fibrous that it put the gag reflex into action.

The service was spotty at best. I swear the waiter was also the parking valet because he was gone so often.

Normally I post pictures, but in this case it would be a disservice to all of you as the food actually looks better than it tasted.

Net-net: Go to Bickfords or Wendy's next door for a meal. You'd be better off.

• Visited February 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Brutal service”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I was in the Boston area visiting my family and decided to go to the Woburn location of Polcari's. Years ago when I lived in Wakefield we would always go to the route 1 location in Saugus and it was always very good. Choosing the Woburn location was a mistake. Our server "Johnny" could not be more aloof. After sitting at the table for 10 minuets without water or bread he finally decides to came over. It took another 15 minuets to reciev out drinks and bread and he still did not take out orders for entrees. Once out food arrived we only had 4 out of seven sets of utensils. After asking severals times for more silverware my brother in law got up and took some off an empty table.
During the whole meal the table behind us was being dripped on by an a/c vent in the ceiling splashing our backs many times. The food quality was just OK but the poor service makes the expierience dissapointing.
I will be back to Polcari's but not the Woburn location.

• Visited July 2013
“Hit & Miss”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

First visit to this location on a fall, weekday evening. Liked the Valet parking -- didn't like the slow service and food delivery since restaurant was only half full! Took forever to get each course, even the bread and oil. I took friends there and I was embarrassed by the snail like service. Other locations do a better job. Maybe they were really short staffed? I'd think twice if you have to get home or be somewhere else without hours to spare for your meal.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Polcari's North End Restaurant? Share your experiences!