“This is possibly the worst restaurant...”

Central Grill & Cafe
Ranked #77 of 138 Restaurants in Woburn
Reviewed January 24, 2010

This is possibly the worst restaurant I've ever been to. I took my friends there because it's close to where I live... There was one chef and it took over an hour for the four of us to get served. I took one bite of the pasta and that was it - for 24 dollars! And then the waiter tried to scheme us for a tip... This place should be closed ASAP.

Reviewed July 29, 2009

I have been going to this spot even before it was in Woburn center. Years ago when the husband and wifed owned it near the 128. That said I went last night for a 35th anniversy celebration. It was a Tues night we suggested we do not get reservation. Walking to the palce wondering if I would get in, I looked in the windows to a surprise of no one in the entire restaurant. I thought it was closed. From there we proceeded in and found our party to be the only ones there. It was eery. I remember the days you would have a line out the door. But what the hey we proceeded to sit dowm and enjoy our BYOB which turned out to be the best thing all night. We started with the artichoke which is a signature item. It was ice cold. Then to the main dishes all of the food was over cooked and the sauce was so burnt. The entire menu was missing items. Everytime someone ordered something the waitor said we are out. The place smells like mildo and the place is filfthy. What a disapointment. Today all of us have been on the toilet all day. DO NOT ENTER THE DOOR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE....

Reviewed July 10, 2009

A friend of mine had heard that the food was good here so we were looking forward to a nice meal out. We had reservations, but when we go there we saw a sign on the door closed for a private party. We went inside, and they said they had lost our reservation but could still fit us in. We sat in a back room that was covered in dust. The glasses and plates on the table were very dirty. At that point we almost left but then we thought we would give it a try because we had heard good things. We wiped the dust away and opened a bottle of wine. The wait staff was friendly but it took forever to get our food. The food we had was pretty average and very expensive for what we got. We should have left before we ordered.

Reviewed May 26, 2009

My husband and I went to this restaurant on a Friday evening for dinner. Here is our take on our experience:

The service was slow (It was a friday evening so it was busy) and it took a while for us to get anything we ordered. The food itself was ok. While the menu offers alot of items you don't typically see in most of the Italian restaurants I've ever been to (such as alligator, kangaroo, frog legs, etc), the food just wasn't as good as it sounded.

We ordered the stuffed mushrooms and the fried calamari for appetizers. The mushrooms were ok, the crabmeat in the mushrooms tasted like the artificial crabmeat you buy at the supermarket for very cheap by the pound. The calamari were horrible. They were very over cooked and eating them was like chewing on rubber.

For entrees, my husband ordered the rack of lamb and he wasn't impressed. He said that the mustard really overpowerd the dish and he had that mustard after taste in his mouth the whole night. I got the pan roasted lobster (can't go wrong with lobster right?) and it wasn't what I expected. The sauce was kind of bland, it really didn't do much to the flavor of the lobster itself. But like I said, can't go wrong with lobster, and with sauce or not, the lobster was delicious.

Dessert was a tragedy. We got the cannolis and they were just bad. Nothing more I can say about them, just that they were really bad.

We did take our own bottle of wine and they didn't charge us to open it, so that was a good thing.

All in all, my husband and I wouldn't eat here again. We didn't feel that the food and service was not worth the $100 + we paid.

1  Thank Janezita45
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I have been to La Stanza Diva plenty of times with friends from work and really enjoyed the food and service. The food is delicious and I always referred people there and as well had a great experienced. But this all changed after my visit on Saturday May 8th. I had a party of 14 people; we were celebrating mother’s day and my father in-law’s birthday, we were extremely discriminated (We are all Dominican’s). Our reservation were for 8:00pm, and not only was our table not ready, we were being ignored by the ENTIRE STAFF, including a guy at the bar who kept telling me that our waitress/waiter would be coming soon, not one waitress came to our table to ask if we wanted water or bread or to take our order… we waited 1 hour and then we just decided to leave, so when I go up to the bar and tell the guy that we were leaving because no one was paying us any attention, as I was talking the guy cuts me off and very rudely tells me, okay, no problem, Good bye! I was AMAZED that they would let 14 people leave their restaurant that easy, I mean this bill would’ve probably been close to $500.00 dollars and instead of working with us and at least apologize all we got was “OKAY, NO PROBLEM, GOOD BYE!” ????? There was a table with 6 people that had gotten there a little bit after us and when we left, this table had already finished their meal.

I was extremely embarrassed with my extended family, this was unacceptable to me, and yes, I will say it, they are RACISTS, RACISTS RACISTS!!!!!!!!!! I will never ever in my life give La Stanza Diva restaurant my business again. It really sucks because I loved their food, but now I wonder about the other times that I’ve been there… I never had a problem with service, but was this because I was always there with American people???????
We ended up going to Bertucci’s in Woburn, and not only was the food and the prices good, but THE SERVICE WAS AMAZING!!!!! We had our drinks and bread in a matter of 5 minutes.

Message to Chef Lynne: you really need to invest in educating your staff on customer service. Read this article, I think it will benefit your restaurant:
Bad Customer Service is YOUR Fault
LINK: [--]

1  Thank sweetlady216

Been to Central Grill & Cafe? Share your experiences!