“No reason to return”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 781-376-0030
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I had been to this restaurant over a year ago and had been very happy with the entire experience, so when my group of diners suggested a Brazilian steakhouse, I suggested this hidden gem. Sadly, this place has gone severely downhill. For starters it was extremely hot in the restaurant and when asked to turn on the AC, our waiter claimed he was too busy to climb on a chair and turn on the in the wall AC. It took almost 10 minutes for him to come and get our drink orders at which point he stated that he was the only waiter on duty and it would be a little longer to wait, but we would "get a lot of meat". No bigger lie was told all night. After waiting almost 30 minutes for the first stick of meat to come out, the real disappointment began. The meat that was cooked was salty and flavorless. The meat that wasn't cooked (happened 3 times) had to be brought back to the kitchen. The sides that were supposed to be unlimited we're never replenished. I guess if there were more servers, then the food would have been a little quicker in coming out, but it definitely would not have improved the taste. I will not be returning until I see an "under new ownership" sign out front.

There are newer reviews for Brazilian Steakhouse

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had been to this location over a year ago (under different ownership) and had a nice experience. We brought some out of town friends and were very disappointed in every way.
On a Sunday night, the place was barely 1/4 full with diners. We waited for almost 15 minutes to get any service. After menus, we waited another 10 minutes to get drinks. We waited another 10 -15 minutes to get pre-made salads (without dressing) that appeared dry. Condiments were finally brought to the table for salad and bread.
We waited another long while for any meat to be served, nobody cleared our salad plates, so we stacked them ourselves. We had a number of courses brought to us with long waits in between. 2 pork item were very tough, 2 beef items were so rare they were cool, bloody and covered with nearly an inch of fat. Sausages were good. Chicken was tough, 2 other beef items were tough. My cocktail was weak, odd tasting and had very dry limes. We waited a long time for refills. Final bill was wrong. Women's bathroom was dirty. Server one time offered skewer to one guest only then walked away without offering to other 3 guests...seemed a bit confused.

WON'T GO BACK...unless the old owner returns!!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife, adult son and I visited the Brazilian Steakhouse in Woburn for their Churrasco Rodizio meal. This is a meal where the waitstaff comes around with skewers of "up to 9" different cuts and varieties of meats. They bring out white rice, squash, plantains, beans, black beans, bread and salad. We had the Caesar Salad as well. The Caesar salad was iceberg lettuce with croutons and caesar salad dressing. Not what I would call a top of the line Caesar Salad. I am wondering what the house salad looked like. The squash and black beans were quite tasty, but the rest of the veggies were just ordinary. The meats served were kielbasa which was juicy and tasty, beef ribs which were a bit dry, chicken breast which was very dry, chicken wings (not drumsticks as the menu suggests) which were also dry, pork loin which was moist and tasty and beef sirloin which was also done right and Brazilian Sausage which looked like supermarket sweet sausage and tasted similiar to the Kielbasa. The chicken breasts according to the menu are wrapped with bacon but if you read more carefully they can come either way. My son was looking forward to the chicken breast wrapped with bacon and was a bit disappointed when it didn't come that way. The bacon may have prevented the chicken breast from drying out. The Chicken Hearts and Lamb cuts on the menu were no-shows. Service was excellent with the meat cuts coming frequently. You may want to pace yourself or you will get full very quickly. You can always tell the meat server to come back later. I did not see the Brazilian Stuffing (farofa) make an appearance at the table as well. In general, I was disappointed that the barbeque flavor didn't really come through. Perhaps the lack of a crowd at 6-7 on a Friday night is an indicator. We never saw more than 3 tables occupied while we were there. The price for a round of drinks, 3 Rodizios, a coffee was $97 including tax. Not too expensive. We had received good reports from a couple of different sources before we decided to try the Brazilian Steakhouse, but were quite disappointed and probably will not visit again. On a separate positive note. we received a Groupon for two fo the meals which was honored without question.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went here this evening, Saturday. Surprisingly, the place was packed but most tables were empty of food and drink with people sitting with only water in front of them for quite some time. The manager was way out of his league even having to explain to staff how to seat people. When asked about a particular bottle of wine, our waitress came back and told us it was "red." When we inquired further, she shrugged her shoulders with a "deer in the headlights" look on her face. We moved from our table in the back room to the bar as it was more quiet there. The manager himself poured our wine. He spilled mine over the base of my glass which I did not notice. I picked up my wine glass and the spilled wine was all over the front of my dress. He saw that and cleaned the base of my glass but no apology. Later we heard same waitress ask the bartender what a grigio is because another patron had ordered some. We have been to this restaurant several times over the last 4-5 years. Our bartender was the only person in the place that was "on the ball" but she was managing far too many things at one time for any one person. This place used to be excellent. Under this management, we would not return. They had one clueless waiter serving the entire restuarant and very few meat selections. From our seats, we could see the kitchen which was incredibly disorganized and at 8PM, with a full restaurant, they were just beginning to cook the meats. The side dishes were awful and served cold. After almost two hours, our server had only come by several times and delivered 4-5 small slices of meat. We asked for our bill. To us, it seemed as though they had only expected and prepared for 2-3 patrons on a Saturday evening and were caught totally off-guard. Additionally, while we were sitting there, I notice a faxed delivery order come through. It sat on the fax for over an hour, until we heard that an angry caller had inquired about the order. Having experienced the restuarant under 2 previous management teams, we will not return, even at it's now "reduced" prices.

1  Thank cate0129
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend loves a good Brazilian Steakhouse and our favorite is a couple of hours away. So whenever I find a good deal or good reviews, I decide we should try a new one in our area. When Groupon posted a deal here right before Christmas, I figured it would be a great stocking stuffer.

We arrived for dinner and there was only one other table of customers. We were seated right at the entrance to the bathroom. Though the bathroom didn't stink, I could certainly smell it from our table. And for the 10 minutes we sat without water, menus or any attention it was all I could think about, that and how hungry and thirsty I was. Finally the hostess came over and asked if anyone had been with us. A server was sent over who was very nice.

We placed our order for two meat-on-a-stick meals. A salad came out first, which is always great to have before a large quantity of unlimited meat. But the salad was wet and really just torn lettuce and a piece of tomato. Then the sides came out, fries, beans, rice, fried bananas, and some others. Fries are fries, and the bananas were good, but the rest of the food was only okay. I didn't really eat much of it because I was very hungry and wanted to enjoy some of the meat.

At this point a third table was now occupied, and service was still just as slow as ever, which was surprising since I saw about 10 workers wandering around. The meat slowly started coming. The servers are nice enough, but there is a way to cut meat that they don't possess. When the sirloin came out, I asked for a piece from the medium-rare area. The server couldn't cut the meat as it was so thin in that area from being cut previously. He gave me a generous piece from the bottom... a completely inedible piece of overcooked fat. Some of the other pieces of meat had the same problem. Improper cooking resulting in the fat not be rendered, resulting in biting into food and having to literally spit out pieces of rock-hard fat. Not exactly a great feeling while you're eating, and definitely something that I have never done in public ever. When a different stick of sirloin came around, the server cut me a 3/4" thick piece of cold, rare meat. So rare and so thick that I couldn't even choke it down as it was mostly raw and not rare.

I couldn't help but wonder how long this meat had been sitting in the back. I wonder if they had cooked it hours ago, and just slowly served the meat until it's gone. There was never a "fresh" sirlion that came around (to the two tables), only pieces that had been completely carved out. And most of the meat was cold or lukewarm when it make it's way to the table.

The servers also would "slip" while cutting the meat at the table, resulting in either meat/grease/blood splattering the table (and my clothing) or knocking my water glass or plate with the knife.

Due to the fact that so much of my meat was inedible, I was still hungry by the time they starting serving us pineapple. At this point, the servers stopped coming around and we both felt that the restaurant wanted us out. It took us three tries to get the check, and another 15 minutes to finally pay the bill and leave.

So, in summary, the food was not good or cooked properly - from the side dishes just lacking any sort of luster to the meat being cold and mostly charred fat. The service was beyond slow even in an almost empty restaurant. The servers lack the proper skills to cut meat, let alone tableside. Avoid being seated next to the bathroom.

I would give 1.5 stars if I could, and only because the servers and hostess were nice and pleasant. There was one server who did seem a bit more professional than the rest, and I wish that he couldn't been the only person taking care of us that nice. Otherwise, the pleasantness of the staff doesn't make up for the complete lack of professional training.

I definitely would not recommend this restaurant, nor will I ever return.