“Will never return” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 781-376-0030
“Will never return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went here this evening, Saturday. Surprisingly, the place was packed but most tables were empty of food and drink with people sitting with only water in front of them for quite some time. The manager was way out of his league even having to explain to staff how to seat people. When asked about a particular bottle of wine, our waitress came back and told us it was "red." When we inquired further, she shrugged her shoulders with a "deer in the headlights" look on her face. We moved from our table in the back room to the bar as it was more quiet there. The manager himself poured our wine. He spilled mine over the base of my glass which I did not notice. I picked up my wine glass and the spilled wine was all over the front of my dress. He saw that and cleaned the base of my glass but no apology. Later we heard same waitress ask the bartender what a grigio is because another patron had ordered some. We have been to this restaurant several times over the last 4-5 years. Our bartender was the only person in the place that was "on the ball" but she was managing far too many things at one time for any one person. This place used to be excellent. Under this management, we would not return. They had one clueless waiter serving the entire restuarant and very few meat selections. From our seats, we could see the kitchen which was incredibly disorganized and at 8PM, with a full restaurant, they were just beginning to cook the meats. The side dishes were awful and served cold. After almost two hours, our server had only come by several times and delivered 4-5 small slices of meat. We asked for our bill. To us, it seemed as though they had only expected and prepared for 2-3 patrons on a Saturday evening and were caught totally off-guard. Additionally, while we were sitting there, I notice a faxed delivery order come through. It sat on the fax for over an hour, until we heard that an angry caller had inquired about the order. Having experienced the restuarant under 2 previous management teams, we will not return, even at it's now "reduced" prices.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank cate0129

Boston, Massachusetts
“Being seated next to the bathroom wasn't the worst part...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My boyfriend loves a good Brazilian Steakhouse and our favorite is a couple of hours away. So whenever I find a good deal or good reviews, I decide we should try a new one in our area. When Groupon posted a deal here right before Christmas, I figured it would be a great stocking stuffer.

We arrived for dinner and there was only one other table of customers. We were seated right at the entrance to the bathroom. Though the bathroom didn't stink, I could certainly smell it from our table. And for the 10 minutes we sat without water, menus or any attention it was all I could think about, that and how hungry and thirsty I was. Finally the hostess came over and asked if anyone had been with us. A server was sent over who was very nice.

We placed our order for two meat-on-a-stick meals. A salad came out first, which is always great to have before a large quantity of unlimited meat. But the salad was wet and really just torn lettuce and a piece of tomato. Then the sides came out, fries, beans, rice, fried bananas, and some others. Fries are fries, and the bananas were good, but the rest of the food was only okay. I didn't really eat much of it because I was very hungry and wanted to enjoy some of the meat.

At this point a third table was now occupied, and service was still just as slow as ever, which was surprising since I saw about 10 workers wandering around. The meat slowly started coming. The servers are nice enough, but there is a way to cut meat that they don't possess. When the sirloin came out, I asked for a piece from the medium-rare area. The server couldn't cut the meat as it was so thin in that area from being cut previously. He gave me a generous piece from the bottom... a completely inedible piece of overcooked fat. Some of the other pieces of meat had the same problem. Improper cooking resulting in the fat not be rendered, resulting in biting into food and having to literally spit out pieces of rock-hard fat. Not exactly a great feeling while you're eating, and definitely something that I have never done in public ever. When a different stick of sirloin came around, the server cut me a 3/4" thick piece of cold, rare meat. So rare and so thick that I couldn't even choke it down as it was mostly raw and not rare.

I couldn't help but wonder how long this meat had been sitting in the back. I wonder if they had cooked it hours ago, and just slowly served the meat until it's gone. There was never a "fresh" sirlion that came around (to the two tables), only pieces that had been completely carved out. And most of the meat was cold or lukewarm when it make it's way to the table.

The servers also would "slip" while cutting the meat at the table, resulting in either meat/grease/blood splattering the table (and my clothing) or knocking my water glass or plate with the knife.

Due to the fact that so much of my meat was inedible, I was still hungry by the time they starting serving us pineapple. At this point, the servers stopped coming around and we both felt that the restaurant wanted us out. It took us three tries to get the check, and another 15 minutes to finally pay the bill and leave.

So, in summary, the food was not good or cooked properly - from the side dishes just lacking any sort of luster to the meat being cold and mostly charred fat. The service was beyond slow even in an almost empty restaurant. The servers lack the proper skills to cut meat, let alone tableside. Avoid being seated next to the bathroom.

I would give 1.5 stars if I could, and only because the servers and hostess were nice and pleasant. There was one server who did seem a bit more professional than the rest, and I wish that he couldn't been the only person taking care of us that nice. Otherwise, the pleasantness of the staff doesn't make up for the complete lack of professional training.

I definitely would not recommend this restaurant, nor will I ever return.

• Visited December 2012
Massachusetts
“Brazilian Steak House will not see us again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

I saw saw a Groupon promotion for this restaurant it prompted me to review this restaurant since we have been taken for a ride at this place. We have been to this restaurant three times within the past year. Parties of two and four on different occasions. Service can be spotty. Food is just acceptable. Every time we left we kept wondering how in the world we ended up with such a high check if we were suppose to have a set price per person and all we added was a bottle of wine.

Watch out for the hidden "upgrades" that are not communicated and very important...a generous tip is charged to the check which is not communicated either whether you are a party of one, two or four, etc. and if you are not watching, like were not, you add up another tip.

This place has changed names and owners. In my opinion, it is a matter of time before it changes again.

• Visited January 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Worth a trip: meat-lovers' feast in an unassuming package”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We arrived at the Brazilian Steakhouse without any particular expectations - our niece and nephew (from out of state) had given us a gift certificate based on online reviews they had seen.

We were the last diners of the evening, but you'd never have known it, from the warmth and welcome of the staff, the attentive service, and the spectacular, smokin' hot off the grill 'parade of meats' that is the Brazilian churrascaria experience. The set-price menu (clearly the way to go) included an excellent panzanella salad for a starter. Then a plate of rice with broccoli rabe and grilled plantains arrived... a signal that the meat course was about to begin. Something like a dozen skewers were presented to us, singly or in pairs, over the course of the meal. From the bacon-wrapped chicken to the signature sirloin (mmm!) and the Brazilian sausage, the meats were clearly piping hot off the grill and flavorful. The kitchen seemed to have a knack for knowing when you'd finished the previous round, presenting fresh skewers with a sense of delight. After presenting the entire series, they'll ask which ones you'd like to try again.

Our server was lovely, and the place had a nice atmosphere with Brazilian music in the background. Parking is very limited - mostly on the street.

For the record: come hungry, and pace yourself. (Don't fill up on soup or the rice.) Order a glass of red wine, if you're inclined. Your taste buds will thank you.

We'll be back, even though we live 20+ miles away. A trip well worth making.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Massachusetts
“Worth the trip, excellent food, great service and spotless!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I called for a same-day Saturday evening reservation for 7 people, and they were happy to accommodate us at 6:00, which was perfect since we had a baby with us! I had never been here before, I had purchased a GROUPON certificate, so I thought we would check it out! I'm so happy we did!! LOVED IT! We will definitely go back. The restaurant itself is not very large, there is one main dining room and a smaller room on the side, which is where we sat, nice and private, with a couple of tables for larger parties and a few smaller tables. The service was impeccable. They initially brought over a salad with a very delicious dressing (that I found out they sell in a bottle, yummy)... then they deliver individual dishes of plantains (fried bananas) again, so good - and Pico de Gallo Salsa. Then the meats start to come around... hold on! You have a lttle disc in front of you that is red on one side and green on the other... supposedly, if you turn it to "red", the servers are not going to come over and offer you any of what they have.. but they do!! You just can't resist the meat that is dripping with deliciousness!!! I took this selection of meats from their website, I couldn't remember all of them myself, but I do recall the server saying that there were 13 to 15 different offerings!! Here they are: Pork Loin with Parmesan Cheese, Chicken Wrapped in Bacon, Beef Ribs, Top Sirloin,Flap Meat, Rump Steak, Leg of Lamb, Filet Mignon Wrapped in Bacon,Baby Garlic Beef, Signature Chicken Beer Leg, Brazilian Pork Sausage,Chicken Hearts (upon request), Pineapple Cinnamon, plus Chef’s features!!! Needless to say, I had to drive home with my skirt unbuttoned!! When you go, make sure you wear the "ELASTIC" waisted pants!!! Even if you don't need to use the restrooms, check them out!! They have mouthwash, handcream, etc., just like you'd see in high class hotel washrooms!! This place is very clean, highly recommend!! Just one note, they do add 18% gratitutity to the check automatically.. A little pricey at $34.95 / adult. Children 7 years to 12 years $16.95. Children 6 years & under $9.95. Hope you give it a try!

Visited March 2012