“Crime???? Oh yes, it is here!!!”

Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Vanceboro ME
“Crime???? Oh yes, it is here!!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a follow up to my review for a stay Sept 27th & 28th 2013.
When we checked out on Sunday morning at 6:50 am, our car ( visible from the front desk) was found sitting on 4 plastic crates from the kitchen warehouse area , and the 4 wheels and tires removed.
We had to spend an extra night there and although hotel staff were sympatric about our situation, they made no effort to compensate us for our inconvenience.
Here are the facts:
- When at 11am had arrived and after calling several places to try and find wheels and tires, I told Erin Kinsley that we had better reserve our rooms for another night she replied "WELL, IF YOU WANT THE RATE YOU HAD FOR THE FIRST 2 NIGHTS, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO ON THE INTERNET AND CHECK HOTELS.COM". After I told her I had no intension of going on any computer, or jumping through any hoops. I expected she could use the same rate we had for the first two nights. She agreed to that.
- Early in the afternoon I wanted to go to get a rental car at a location that was 8 miles from the hotel. Their shuttle went 5 miles in that direction to a mall and train station. When asked if on their next trip could they run me the extra 3 miles to get a rental. "NO" was the answer. "They could call a taxi for me" That's what I did and just to set the record straight. It cost $35 for the taxi. I rented the car for $33 for 1 day!!!!!
- Last, and the one that bothered me the most,,, When on Monday at noon when I returned with wheels and tires my car had a car on either side of it parked so close that they could not get the jack in to lift my car to install the new wheels. I went in to talk to Stan Martin (manager). He went in the Hotel and 2 "staff" returned and moved their cars. They had blocked my car so others would not see that there were security issues at the hotel.
I argued that I did not think I should pay anything for my stay at their Hotel. Mr. Martin did return the 3rd nights stay and the phone call charges that I made looking fro wheels and tires.
I contacted Mr. Marriott's office and a between that office and Mr. Martin I was promised a $200 refund from his office. Our Hotel stay was $480 for the 2 couples.
I have yet to receive that money.
Repairs to our car and the new wheels and tires were over $6,000!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jack G
swmartin, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Mr. G:

Thank You again for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor about your stay here at the Courtyard Woburn/ Boston North at the end of September and the unfortunate incident that took place with your vehicle.

Please accept my apologies, again, for any ans all problems or inconvenience that you experienced because of this incident.

Your concerns regarding your car being vandilized in our parking lot, is, of course, important to me. We have never seen this happen before. As you and I discussed at length, we offer free parking to our guests and our parking lot is a public area. Because of this we are not responsible for the criminal act of a third party in this area of our property. I believe that our staff did an very good job of trying to make a bad situation better for you. After speaking with our front desk team they explained to me how they tried all morning on Sunday to help you locate a tire and wheel store to get you on your way quicker. Also, Mr. G, we would never have had any of our associates try to hide your car from anyone given these circumstances. That is not the way we do business here. Both individuals are tenured managers here and parked very close to where they usually park.

I know that this response cannot change your experience, but we do hope that, in some way, it helps to restore your faith in Marriott and specifically the Courtyard Woburn/Boston North.

Thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have a choice when you travel and we value your patronage, appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Stan Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Evansville, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was the location that mostly attracted me to here. I wanted to get out of Boston and have easy access to several places North of the city. We had decided to come out for our niece's baby shower in Medford and still be able to visit our sister-in-law up near Groton and Dunstable, MA. After I had made my reservation (outside source) my niece from San Diego also decided to come, so I had contacted the hotel directly and helped arrange for her stay as well. I didn't personally use the exercise room, but my niece did while we watched her 9 month old. We were also too busy to use the pool but we did check it over and would of served my purpose's well, but it may of been too short in length for my son (wasn't along)! Our room was on the I-93 side of the hotel but it didn't bother us, if noise is a concern for you , you should ask for a room on the parking lot side of the hotel. It was nice having free parking and easy access to the main lobby. We were also on the Boston side of the Burlington Mall which is about 7 miles away. Having said that, this may be the reason we didn't have any pool time! The staff was very helpful and welcoming at all hours and we really appreciated this! If we ever have to muster family together we'll most definitely choose this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side towards the parking lot are quieter, my niece stayed on this side. I didn'...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here during my recent first visit to Boston due to its affordable rate. We had no problems whatsoever. Upon arrival, I was checked into my room. Decent sized room and huge clean bathroom. Bed and sheets were clean. Our room faced the highway, and we did not hear any noise whatsoever. Parking was definitely not a problem, this hotel seems to always be full. Staff at the front desk were friendly, one lady even gave me suggestions as to where to go for autumn foliage.

They have a small little area with cereal, noodles, milk, etc. Easy to purchase, as all you needed to do was check out at the front desk, and they add it to your room. We always got greeted everytime we pass by the front desk. Unlike the other reviews, I did not notice anything wrong with this hotel facility or car theft issues. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
swmartin, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dallas469:

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

We are VERY proud of our Hotel and Staff. We spend a great deal of time working with all of them to insure that our guest experiences are excellent! In both product offerings and service levels we are proud to say we consistently rank in the top 30% of all Courtyard Marriott Hotels. Thank you also for noting that we have some rooms facing the Highway but have installed double windows to insure a restful night sleep. As far as crime is concerned we experience very little. Recently, as noted in an earlier review, a vehicle was found to be damaged over night. I believe that this and another recent review are from the same person and that is unfortunate as this incident was very frustrating to them. Our reception and management staff worked very closely to assist this situation however they were not happy with our properties stance that we are not responsible for criminal acts outside of our hotel.

Dallas469, thank you again for your feedback and kind comments regarding our outstanding staff. We know that you have a choice when you travel and we value your patronage, appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future.

West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Set in Office Park area just off I-93. You really need a car here. Did not seem close to public transit .

Staff very friendly. Check in includes a breifing on the Hotel .

rooms very standard courtyard but large and modern .

IIn house restaurent , indoor pool ,free interent and parking.

got very good price on Priceline for 2 night weekend stay

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I travel a lot for work (we have 6-8 trade shows all through out the country). I stay in plenty of hotels. This was a nice hotel. It wasn't the most spectacular but for the price it was very nice. The bathroom was a bit tiny and the sink is outside of the bathroom which was kind of annoying but otherwise it was super clean, staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Breakfast in the morning was pretty decent- very well priced. I can't really say anything bad about it at all. The one really nice this is the highway is right around the corner from the hotel- its very easy and convenient to get to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2013

If I didn't get a corporate rate (>$100 off); I wouldn't be staying here. The front desk hasn't been overly friendly, though not rude or anything. The rooms are average; and the bathrooms kind of small. The food/bartender are far and away the best part of this hotel. Although they do greet me by name typically (I stayed 4 of 6 weeks here); all of my experiences here were not memorable. Biggest pro: food/bartender. Biggest con: nothing "outstanding" about the property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had my car broke into at this Hotel. The hotel is nice and clean but I have a suspicion that someone who works at this Hotel is connected to crime. This is a very nice hotel and I stay in Courtyard Marriots a lot. Park your car in a high visibility area where you can see it from your hotel window.

Room Tip: They don't have security cameras at this location. Leave nothing valuable in your car!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
swmartin, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Colin K:

Thank You for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Woburn, MA .
Your concerns regarding your car being broken into is, frankly, a surprise to me. I receive every report of any incident that occurs here at the Hotel and none of our staff had this reported to them in the last month. I understand that this is a concerning incident to you but this does not sould like our Hotel at all.

Please accept my apologies for any problems or inconvenience that you experienced because of this issue if in fact it was our property.

In addition, please call the Hotel as soon as possible to speak with me as I am very interested in learning more about the specifics of what occurred, as again, nothing was reported to us or the Woburn Police Department.

Colin K, thank you again for your feedback. We know that you have a choice when you travel and we value your patronage, appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again in the future.