This is a follow up to my review for a stay Sept 27th & 28th 2013.
When we checked out on Sunday morning at 6:50 am, our car ( visible from the front desk) was found sitting on 4 plastic crates from the kitchen warehouse area , and the 4 wheels and tires removed.
We had to spend an extra night there and although hotel staff were sympatric about our situation, they made no effort to compensate us for our inconvenience.
Here are the facts:
- When at 11am had arrived and after calling several places to try and find wheels and tires, I told Erin Kinsley that we had better reserve our rooms for another night she replied "WELL, IF YOU WANT THE RATE YOU HAD FOR THE FIRST 2 NIGHTS, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO ON THE INTERNET AND CHECK HOTELS.COM". After I told her I had no intension of going on any computer, or jumping through any hoops. I expected she could use the same rate we had for the first two nights. She agreed to that.
- Early in the afternoon I wanted to go to get a rental car at a location that was 8 miles from the hotel. Their shuttle went 5 miles in that direction to a mall and train station. When asked if on their next trip could they run me the extra 3 miles to get a rental. "NO" was the answer. "They could call a taxi for me" That's what I did and just to set the record straight. It cost $35 for the taxi. I rented the car for $33 for 1 day!!!!!
- Last, and the one that bothered me the most,,, When on Monday at noon when I returned with wheels and tires my car had a car on either side of it parked so close that they could not get the jack in to lift my car to install the new wheels. I went in to talk to Stan Martin (manager). He went in the Hotel and 2 "staff" returned and moved their cars. They had blocked my car so others would not see that there were security issues at the hotel.
I argued that I did not think I should pay anything for my stay at their Hotel. Mr. Martin did return the 3rd nights stay and the phone call charges that I made looking fro wheels and tires.
I contacted Mr. Marriott's office and a between that office and Mr. Martin I was promised a $200 refund from his office. Our Hotel stay was $480 for the 2 couples.
I have yet to receive that money.
Repairs to our car and the new wheels and tires were over $6,000!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Woburn, MA, just off I-93 near Route 128/I-95, our hotel is convenient to many local businesses, including Burlington Mall, and is just a few miles away from historic Faneuil Hall, Fenway Park and Logan International Airport. Experience newly renovated guestrooms and public spaces. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro Plus- Eat. Drink. Connect., which provides our guests with dine in or on the go healthy food and beverage offerings in the morning, and evening dinner service with cocktails nightly. Our lobby now offers inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest weather, news and airport conditions via our GoBoard. Planning an event? Let our event staff provide you the perfect options to wow your attendees. Our multi-use event rooms (boardrooms and function rooms for groups from 10-110) offer flexible space, a variety of menu items to fit any budget, and an array of audio visual choices. Our refreshing level of customer service, thoughtful amenities and ideal location make us a perfect choice when travel brings you to the Boston area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Woburn Boston North Hotel Woburn
- Courtyard Woburn Boston North
- Woburn Courtyard
- Woburn Marriott