“Great Place just Avoid Rooms facing I-93”

Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I didnt take a review here seriously enough to ensure I request for a room facing away from the highway and boy didnt I regret it. But after two hours of attempting to ignore the noise I gave up and asked for a change of room which the front desk happily accomodated..so dont ignore this warning if you have trouble with noise.

Other than this our time at the hotel was great. Breakfast had a variety, fruit, cereal, milk, yogurt tea coffee..pastries, eggs, bacon, sausages and so on. The staff at the restaurant (Jakes I believe) are very friendly and helpful. They also serve dinner, extra charge to have it sent up.

The rooms were nice and spacious; interesting that the sink was not in the bathroom...we had to ask for extra duvet to keep warm. TV has cable and pay movies if you prefer...I like that they have a vending machine for drinks in every floor - even ice cubes.

Overall I liked the place, would totally go back.

One point to be wary of - Woburn cabs dont use meters (and are generally overpriced) so negotiate prior AND ask if they have a working credit card machine...we were taken by surprise when our cab guy asked for cash - thankfully there is an ATM in the hotel lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from lift and not facing highway if you dont like noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The front desk people are extremely acommodating . Taj found us a double and Nunya adjusted an error on our bill. Nunya is bound to have her own hotel someday if I am any judge of talent. What a pleasant and professional crew throughout this facility. I am not kidding.

Hotel is a Marriott....
They are always good from my experience. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfy. It is close to the interstate and is a conference facility. It also has a nice indoor pool and hot tub, which we enjoyed, and an exercise gym. I tried the buffett for a custom omelet.....yum!

james cadieux vt

Room Tip: Call in advance...front desk will do the rest
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vtjames
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a typical Courtyard. But, be aware that they only have those small cheap wall mounted hairdryers. I have never seen that at a Courtyard before and never expected it. I have long hair and that tiny dryer would never do the job. Housekeeping informed me that they don't have full size dryers and acted like I was crazy to ask for one. I had to pay a taxi to take me to Walgreens to buy a hairdryer that I will never use again. In fact, I left it in the room for the next person who might need it. What a waste of money. This hotel needs to get with the current century and buy real hairdryers.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel hasn't been renovated for 10 years, and it won't be renovated until 2014. The rooms are grungy. The curtains are old and dirty-looking. The lamp shades are dirty and stained. The carpets are old. We checked the mattresses for bed bugs and found none, but the mattresses were very old, dirty-looking and collapsing. The closet door in our (second) room was broken. Worst of all, the rooms have been sprayed/treated with way too much lemon-scent deodorizer. There's so much deodorizer in the air, it's hard to breath. The vapors burned my lungs and triggered my asthma. The front desk staff were very nice. They moved us from an 'unbreathable' room to a more breathable but equally dingy room. The breakfast is good, if your willing to pay an extra $10.95. Overall, don't stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I've stayed at the Courtyard Woburn numerous times over the past several years. As always, my recent stay was very good.

As always, the staff members were exceptionally courteous. At check-in the clerk recognized my Marriott Gold Elite status.

I think the location is great. The property is tucked away in a quiet office park which is adjacent to I-93 and an exit away from I-95.Rt. 128. Traveling to Boston, the northern suburbs, or NH is a breeze.

As usual, the rooms were exceptionally clean and the Marriott bed was predictably comfortable. The rooms are starting to show their age, however (both in terms of decor and furnishings). The only problem on this trip was the WIFI. For some reason it was very sluggish.

Breakfast in the cafe was great as always. The buffet is bountiful and the service is fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Nice hotel with plenty of space and nice views of surrounding areas. Only ten minutes drive into Boston which was great. Room was well appointed. Ice and vending machines on each floor. Staff very polite and helpful when needed. A good option for budget conscious traveller.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Got a chance to stay @ Marriot, Woburn. Wonderful hospitality and good ambiance. The room was too good and spacious and the staffs were so co-operative. It's a good budget hotel. The break fast is not so good and they are not serving any Asian/Indian food.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo