Good: Absolutely nice experience. Very clean rooms, shiny bathrooms, snow - white towels. Staff is very responsive. We had a broken lock in our room. Immediately a janitor came, inspected our lock, and we were given another room in a matter of minutes. Even though it was freezing cold outside, our room was pleasantly warm. There was a built in A/C in the room, a cofeemaker, and a refrigirator. There was also a personal safe in both rooms for 1.50 a day. (and you can have that waived at checkout). Reasonably large safe. My 15" inch notebook fit in there. Bathroom looked brand new. There was an iron, ironing board, hair fan. All new.
Location is great. There is a Donkin Donuts, a McDonalds, a Grill Restaurant, and a Pub all around the intersection. There is also a Gas Station with a Deli right outside the hotel.
It took us 11 minutes to drive down to the Boston Aquarium, and 14 minutes to drive to the Harvard University. At $100 per night, you can't beat that. Also, the Oak Grove Train Station on the orange line, is 10 minutes away. Leave your car there for $3.50 per day, and continue on the subway to see Boston's downtown attractions. Train ride from Oak Grove to the Boston Downton is about 15 minutes or less.
Bad: The Spuds, is the name of the pub outside. It also serves the room service requests. My advice: Buy your food somewhere else. The bar there is filled with locals watching sport games. For a decent lounge experience head down to Boston, or Cambrige areas. Check out little streets surrounding Harvard University, Harvard Square, etc...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the Best Western Plus New Englander in Woburn, Massachusetts, a AAA Three-Diamond award-winning hotel, which offers guests friendly customer service to make any stay a memorable one. This full-service Woburn hotel offers well-appointed guest rooms each featuring cable satellite television with HBO® and high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to enjoy a complimentary full breakfast and complimentary newspaper each morning. Other hotel amenities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, business center offering complimentary email access, and free parking. The Best Western Plus New Englander also offers state of the art meeting facilities to host your next event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus New Englander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus New Englander Hotel Woburn
- Best Western Hotel Woburn
- Best Western New Englander
- Best Western Woburn
- Woburn Best Western