My wife and I stayed in the Best Western Plus New Englander for 3 nights in early August, 2012. We were visiting family in Medford and just wanted an acceptable place with a reasonable price and in a safe area. We chose this hotel based on cost/value comparison and TA reviews. The hotel is apparently expanding so the front looks a little messy and depressing. Don't let that bother you as it did to me when I first drove in. Would I return in the future? Yes.
1. About 15 miles from the airport. Much less from downtown Boston. Close to freeway.
2. Acceptable size room. OK comfort. Has TV, Wifi, alarm clock, microwave oven, frig, heater/AC unit. The bed is a bit hard but it did not bother me at all. The half-size pillows have got to go. There is a good size safe in the room but they charge $1.80 (?) per day for using it. Come on Hotel, don't be petty. The darn thing is just sitting there whether I use it or not. (I didn't use it.) There is also a small gym and a pool.
3. Acceptable continental breakfast if you are not too picky. Excellent gourmet coffee though. They do replenish the coffee and food when run out. They have bread, muffins, yogurt, cereals, bananas, apples, sausage patties, potatoes. The scramble egg and potatoes could be cooked from the packaged stuff(?)
4. Reliable wakeup calls. Friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander in Woburn, Massachusetts, a AAA Three-Diamond award-winning hotel, which offers guests friendly customer service to make any stay a memorable one. This full-service Woburn hotel offers well-appointed guest rooms each featuring cable satellite television with HBO® and high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to enjoy a complimentary full breakfast and complimentary newspaper each morning. Other hotel amenities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, business center offering complimentary email access, free parking and shuttle service to Anderson Commuter Rail Station. The BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander also offers 4200 square feet of state of the art meeting facilities that include two ballrooms and an executive boardroom that accommodates up to 200 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Best Western so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS New Englander reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus New Englander Hotel Woburn
- Best Western Hotel Woburn
- Best Western New Englander
- Best Western Woburn
- Woburn Best Western