“Excellent front desk staff and hotel”

Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This property is exceptional in both friendliness and service. I want to highlight the Front Desk Supervisor, Juan Rincon, with professionalism and his desire to please attitude. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Your kind words for our staff and facilities are greatly appreciated! We’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff member you specifically mentioned; he will definitely be happy to hear that he had such a positive impact on a guest! Our staff members work diligently to provide service that is unmatched by others and it’s always thrilling when our guests let us know that we’re doing exactly what we set out to do. We’re looking forward to seeing you at the Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

First to start off, the hotel is nice, new in appearance with modern amenities. The reason for my rating relates to the poor customer service by the front desk.
Upon arriving, we were greeted by the front desk supervisor. He was very polite initially ( and that is the key word) until he quoted me a price that exceeded my confirmation price quote from expedia. When my prepaid visa did not go through, his attitude and demeanor changed. Mind you after a long commute by train, he told me that I could go "down the street to add more funds to my card" even though I was exhausted from traveling and unfamiliar with the area. He would not accept cash nor did he accept that I would pay the hidden cost that the hotel charges in the form of an "occidental deposit" (not disclosed in my confirmation from expedia) tomorrow/next night as I was staying 3 nights. I begged him to just take the cash for the deposit, feeling very uncomfortable at this time and wondering where we were going to stay for the night (he gave us the impression that "no pay was equal to to stay.". Finally, he thrusted the room cards at me and mumbled that I better pay it tomorrow.
In the room, my child burst into tears that he was holding inside from that experience. The next 2 nights were awful as we had to pass this individual each time to get to anything else in the hotel and I could feel his glare on us each time.
The pros for this hotel are, it's clean and modern. The rooms are supplied with toiletries, including Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner. There is also a shuttle (which we were not informed of at check in) that will shuttle you to Anderson Rail (for Boston excursions) or anywhere within a 5 mile radius.
The cons are definently customer service (though the hired help is nice like staff from security and kitchen).
The staff at the front desk belong on an episode of Jersey Shore as they are young, inexperienced, yet cocky with attitudes. That particular supervisor at check in was even trying to bribe my with 50 dollars out of his pocket, to be quiet about my check in experience after I approached him about his rudeness to me later in the day and causing my child to cry.
Also, the hotel has an odor that was barely tolerable to me (a mix of spices -curry? Mexican
food?) that was very pungent and noticeable every time we came back to the hotel.
In addition, during our stay, the fire alarm went off and everyone had to evacuate due to a fire in the kitchen. The hotel sits in the middle of what appeared to be a swamp with low laying grasses, trees and vegetation surrounding it. If you do not have a car you are at their mercy with that shuttle.
I would definitely not stay again. There are too many comparable hotels nearby with the same moderness and decor. Customer service to me is everything. When I am at a hotel, I want to feel that it is like home. I did not feel comfortable, nor did my child throughout our stay. It was a waste of my hard earned cash. Especially since it was our family vacation, to have this jerk make my child cry was inexcusable to me!!!!
Beware to of Woburn. It is a small town. Everything shuts down early. It was almost impossible to find a pizza place open past 10 p.m and delivery is almost non existent in this town. Only stay here if you have a car.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank milliegene
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

First and foremost, we offer our sincerest apologies about your stay. Our goal is to provide the highest level of customer service to our guests at all times, and this experience was definitely out of character for us. The treatment you received is unacceptable and we will be sure to share your comments with our front desk staff. Your comments are incredibly important to us and we are going to work very hard to make improvements. It is our hope that we can one day have the opportunity to provide your family the vacation that you deserve.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Pros...This hotel was perfect for our family!! The three of us stayed in a studio suite. The room was spacious and pleasant. The free breakfast every morning was a great start to the day and the food was good. The pool/hot tub room is open from 6-10 and we loved that. Everything was clean. My ten year old son slept on the sofa bed and he said it was comfy enough for him. The drive to north station was short and easy and the hotel is not far from Salem either. For the most part we had a enjoyable stay :)

Cons...The front doors should be automatic they are awkward and heavy. When we arrived there was a sign on the counter that stated a $50.00 per night charge for incidentals. I think this should be stated somewhere when the room is booked!! I asked if it could be lowered because we booked through our AAA and the man checked and said $20.00 a night was sufficient. I wanted the money to be put on a separate card and he stated it was not going through. He told me to come back later. Later when i went back he was not there. The next few days of our trip we saw him several times so I Assumed my card had gone through for the $60.00. When we went to check out there was another problem and we had to call the bank!! The guy stated my card never went through and the bank stated they authorized our original card that we booked with the fees for the incidentals for $191.00!!!! Really??? First of all it originally should have only been $150 and then the guy said $60.00 and in the end it was $191 that could take two weeks to get back!!!! That was the most irritating thing other than that this hotel was good but watch your $$$$.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. Although we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and the amenities we provide, we are disappointed to hear that there was a mistake made regarding your incidental hold and we apologize for that. We wish that you had confirmed with our staff that the situation had indeed been taken care of; had we known there was an issue sooner, we would have been able to correct it in a timely manner with little hassle to you. We certainly understand your frustrations and we will look into the situation further. It is our hope that we can provide you with an additional stay that was much better than your last.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

A typical Residence Inn worked for three adults on a college visit trip. We wanted to be closer in to Cambridge, but hotel rooms below $700/night were non-existent when we made our reservations, so we found this in Woburn. The commute to Cambridge on I-93 was OK for the first half but became crowded and very slow as we got closer - it took over 80 minutes to reach Harvard Square by 10:00am.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn for your recent stay when visiting Cambridge. We are glad that we could provide you with accommodations that worked well for your family. It is unfortunate however that during your drive to Harvard Square you experienced a bit of traffic and hope that it did not take away from your overall experience at our hotel. Please visit us again as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We came to Massachusetts to experience Halloween in Salem. We chose this Marriott hotel for proximity to Salem and quality of the reviews. We were so glad we researched them. We really enjoyed our stay until Hurrican Sandy become really serious and flights were being cancelled left and right. We tried for hours to get out of Massachusetts via United but to no avail could not get another flight. Those flights we rebooked were soon to be canceled. During the brunt of the storm the winds howled through the hotel, but we were totally safe and in case of emergency were reassured they had back up generators. All went outstanding and were always comfortable in our hotel room. I can't say enough about the staff during this stressful period.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We cannot thank you enough for sharing such a glowing review for the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn and our staff. All of us here are delighted that in spite of the storm, you were comfortable in your accommodations. Our staff cares deeply for our guests and providing them with exceptional service, no matter what Mother Nature may have in mind and we truly appreciate your gracious praise for our associates. We hope that the next time you are visiting the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel with other family members while attending the Harvard commencement exercises. What a fine property! Clean, with excellent and friendly service, including a fine breakfast every morning and some light suppers during weeknights (all included in the price). It's a short drive to commuter rail and other transit services (5-10 minutes to the Alewife station for the metro). Easy access from major interstate highways, with ample parking. Rates were commensurate with other suburban hotels, and I really believe that this is a case of getting a lot of bang for your bucks. We had a suite with two bedrooms and a pull-out sofabed in the common living room, full kitchen (including dishwasher), flat-screen TVs in each of the three rooms, two full bathrooms. If you are driving to the Boston/Cambridge area and need a convenient, less-pricey place to stay outside of the city, this is your best bet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ARFA168
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn during your visit for the Harvard commencement exercises. At our hotel you can enjoy the luxuries of home and a short commute to nearby activities and attractions. It brings us tremendous joy to learn that the friendly service, the hot breakfast buffet and your accommodations all provided you with everything you needed at a great price to make your visit a delight. We hope that the next time you are visiting the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here before, and it was even better than last time. Service and care is amazing, free breakfast is delicious and I am picky! Room was awesome. I cannot say enough! One night I came home hungry and the person at the desk went and got me fruit ! The wworkout room was great too!

• Stayed: May 2013

We cannot thank you enough! Providing our guests with exceptional service in addition to great accommodations are top priorities for us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Woburn. We’re thrilled you had such a wonderful stay and hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!