“Cute hotel”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Bermuda
“Cute hotel”
Reviewed June 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this Residence Inn for only one night on our way through the Boston area. It was easy enough to find with our Garmin GPS; pretty tucked away near what appeared to be a few corporate offices. The check in was smooth and the room was comfy and exactly what we needed for one night. We were planning an early drive out the next morning and were helped by a 7:15am fire alarm.. Fire trucks and all! We rushed to take our luggage down the steps so that we didn't have to come back in. However, the fire marshalls cleared us for re-entry within about 20 mins or so. There were many guests who were clearly not happy for being woken up so early on a Sunday morning, but these things happen I guess.! All in all, a great Marriott experience as usual. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a room in the Boston area.

• Liked — Size of rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I spent the weekend at this hotel and have nothing but good things to say. It is about 15 minutes from downtown Boston (with no traffic). When I checked in I asked for a quiet room, and they found me one with no one in adjoining rooms and facing away from the Interstate. The breakfast bar was very good. Every staff member I had contact with bent over backwards to help me out. The rooms are great. I had a 1BR kitchenette. Target is across the street, so I got some food and mostly ate in-room (I was traveling alone and mostly there to rest and relax). This will become my hotel of choice in the Boston area. More than half the price of central Boston hotels.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Roanoke, Indiana
Reviewed February 11, 2008

This was a very convenient stop very close to the business I was visiting. As always, Residence Inn provided a quality suite with a separate bedroom and enough space so you could feel that you were living, not just sleeping.

I didn't use the kitchen area, but it was in good condition, as was the whole suite. The cleaning service generally knew well enough to leave everything where I put it rather than trying to restore everything every day - something I found a nice change from the usual. The bed and couch were comfortable, and the heating/AC unit was reasonably quiet. No noticeable noise from nearby I-93 either even though my room faced it.

Only room complaint was that there wasn't any wireless internet - just wired that kept me tied to the desk with its chair that wouldn't go quite high enough for me.

Checkin and checkout were good, polite, and quick. Breakfast was a good mix of hot and continental fare, all kept well stocked by the attendants.

Unlike many Residence Inns I've experienced, this one is arranged like a standard hotel with all interior corridors and an elevator to the upper floors - much more like an Embassy Suites than usual.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank BlueSkies500
Vassar, Michigan
Reviewed February 5, 2008

This hotel is a great location and great property!

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the summer of 2007.
Our kids said it was the best out of vacation trip. And I would have to agree. It has a nice pool area, which is always a requirement for us and the kids. The breakfast in the morning is nice. You can make your own waffles. However, the menu never changes and it gets boring after a few days.

It was a great room that you would expect from a Residence Inn.
We just got the studio. The kids used the fold out couch and we had a queen size bed.

After checking in, we decided to take the trip into Boston by train.
This is where the hotel is nice. It is located only 3 minutes from the train station. We parked our car, caught the train into Boston, and used the public transportation for the length of the trip.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank ranfan
Memphis
Reviewed April 30, 2007

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Woburn, MA and it was wonderful. The suite was nice and spacious and it included a full kitchen with all the amenties. The hotel offered a full cook to order breakfast every morning and a complimentary meal M-Thur. The hotel staff was extremely nice and pleasant and it was centrally located to several nice restaurants and the expressway. I would hight recommend this hotel to all.

1 Thank MemphisLove2travel
Montreal. Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2007

we stayed here over the Easter weekend after a long drive from Montreal. The staff were very accomodating and helpful. The hotel is very clean, the hot breakfast is pretty good. The pool is small but a welcome relief after a long cold day of touring the sites. The hotel had many guests, mostly families with young children but also a few business travellers. The only downside is that although it is close to the commuter train and the staff are happy to drive you there with the shutlle bus, the trains do not run frequently over the weekends. In fact on the Saturday, a member of staff ran us down to the train station only to find out it was an hour and a half before the next train in to Boston. She drove us back to the hotel and gave us directions to a nearby "T" station, about 15 minutes drive away. We took our car in, parked in the underground parking adjacent north station and used the subway to get in to Boston. It was a great way to see the city, except the parking was a bit pricey.
The other great thing about this hotel is that it is about equidistant to Salem and Boston so great if you want to hit both areas for a visit. The hotel does not have a restaurant and you must travel about 2km to get to the nearest ones but not really a bit issue.

I'd definitely stay here again, maybe when it's warmer!!

• Liked — Friendly atmosphere, good hot breakfast
  • Disliked — location is a bit industrial
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank INTOROX
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed July 9, 2006

We spent one night here and were given an immaculate, very large, fairly new looking room. It was quiet and comfortable.

The breakfast choices were plentiful from make-your-own waffle to cereal.

The room rate was very reasonable for the quality of the room.

• Stayed July 2006
1 Thank oboemom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington
HYATT house Boston/Burlington

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!