New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Norwich, Connecticut
“Overall great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Checked in on 11/8. Tried to check in early but no rooms were available; a little unusual do to be woken up 2 days straight to cleaning lady pounding on door at 8am to clean room. After 2nd time, was told by man at desk that this is typical at all hotels; that is not true or at least I have never experience this at all hotels i have ever stayed at. Man said to stick sign on door, sign that we did not have in room or was told about on check-in and the cleaning ladies would come back at a later time. Went to explore small area and returned at 90 minutes. Stayed in room on 4th floor. The room we stayed in seemed to be handicapped equipped, not sure if all rooms appeared this way at this hotel. Very low shower/bathtub combo for easy access but I made it work. The TV's in room worked when they wanted to; often static through channels for long periods of time. Pool and spa were very well suited and empty everytime we went to use them. The gym consisted of 2 treadmills, 1 cardio machine and a bench with some lite free weights; nothing special but served the purpose. Have breakfast included in room price but never went down to eat; no need due to have your own basic kitchen in room. Full refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, all basic utensil and some basic pots. Ice machine in freezer took longtime to activate (ask front desk for some ice and they were more then willing to supply with bags of ice). Comfortable couch and pillows along with a comfortable armoir chair. Small dining table with 2 chairs to enjoy meals. Also a small desk w/modern chair go for writing notes and things. Their is a small mall bout 10 minute ride down road; few stores in it but nothing spectacular. Their is also a great grocery store for getting supplies for room here. Called market basket; similar to stop & shop, giant, etc. Sink/mirror is separate from actual bathroom. Overall hotel was very quite and really did not encounter guest the whole time was their. (On way out today 11/11, breakfast appeared to be packed with very limited seating available. Not sure if their is a good time to eat breakfast due to this)
Frequent Marriott hotel's and would definitely recommend this hotel along with stay in others in future. Did not go into boston so do not know traffic and distance times. Did travel to phesant lane mall in nashua new hamsphire (30 minute ride) and would recommend this to someone looking for a day trip. Decent size mall for the ride.

Room Tip: Ask desk for someone to bring ice to room due to ice machine taking longtime to work
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thorough review of the Residence Inn Woburn, it is sounds like you had a pleasant stay in our suite-style guest rooms. We're glad you took advantage of the room's kitchen facilities and enjoyed on-site amenities like our fitness center and pool. We regret if our housekeeping staff arrived unannounced to refresh your room or if you experienced any issue with your TVs, your comments will be shared to ensure our suites and services are at their best for future guests. We hope that during your next visit you get to enjoy our complimentary full breakfast. Please come back again for a future stay soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

this hotels is about a minute from the wonderful anderson transportation complex in woburn, ma. park your car long term - $7.00 day - and take the logan express (every half hour during normal time periods) right to your plane. the marriott was exactly what one would expect. clean, tidy and reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We're so pleased you enjoyed our convenient location which is perfect for guests visiting Salem, Lexington or Boston. The Residence Inn Woburn is also ideal for flying into or out of Logan International Airport, less than 20 minutes away. Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Residence Inn by Marriott, Woburn MA, was a great place to stay during my recent weekend trip to Salem, MA (last weekend before Halloween and Super-storm Sandy, 2012).

I originally was booked to stay at a different hotel in the area, only to find out last minute that it had overbooked and I was out of luck. Thankfully, I was able to get two rooms at this hotel - and I'm really happy that I ended up here instead!! I will definitely be back!

The hotel was easy to find, right off the highway (down the main street a little way) right across from a Raytheon office building. The front desk staff was very friendly and the hotel lobby area was very welcoming. I was happy to see the breakfast area right in front of us as we made our way to the elevators (breakfast buffet included, very nice and fresh selection of hot and cold food).

I was happy to see an extremely clean and newly carpeted room when I walked in to my studio room -- its also very nice to have a small kitchen area (full refrigerator/freezer, stove, microwave, utensils, glasses/mugs/plates/bowls), couch with coffee table, big flat screen tv that swivels to face either the couch or the very comfy bed! The bathroom sink is also conveniently right outside the bathroom, and there's plenty of closet space for all the weird stuff you might purchase in Salem. It definitely would be a nice place to stay if you needed a place for an extended period of time, as it feels like a comfy little apartment.

And as usual, I'm happy to report that this hotel is pet-friendly, so my little 8 pound puppy could enjoy the weekend with us! Just note that there is a hefty $100 pet deposit (my guess is that this fee is tailored more towards those customers who do have extended stays at the hotel, rather than quick weekend trips - it would be nice if the hotel had a per-day pet fee instead...that was the only unavoidable downfall). There is a designated spot outside for dogs to go, and there's enough space outside to go for a quick walk on a sidewalk around the area.

Overall, we had an awesome stay, and will definitely book here again when we're in the area - it really did work out for the best that we didn't end up staying at the Hilton Boston/Woburn. I noticed that the Residence Inn gets the best TripAdvisor ratings out of all the hotels in the immediate area - with good reason!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
If you ask us, it was our good luck that brought you to the Residence Inn Woburn for your recent visit! We're delighted that you and your four-legged friend had a pleasant stay in our well-appointed suites. It is our hope that our guests find our spacious living, kitchen and sleeping quarters to be a comfortable home away from home when visiting Boston and we're glad you agree. Your review and kind mention of our convenient location are much appreciated, please come back for another stay soon.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We appreciated very much our stay at the Residence inn, very nice studio, full kitchen all equiped, diswasher included !! The inclusive breakfast is just awesome !! free parking and the location is perfect, 15 min drive to downtown Boston or 30 min to Salem. I will definetly return to this hotel during our next trip to Boston area.

Room Tip: The north west side rooms has less autoroute noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bennyboy50
We love that you had a pleasant stay at the Residence Inn Woburn and truly appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback. Our hotel, which offers suite-style accommodations and a number of complimentary amenities, providing all the comforts of home when visiting the Boston area. We look forward to welcome you back very soon, thank you!
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is a good choice for visiting the area while avoiding the expense and traffic of the city. It is about a 12 minute drive from Tufts University, and close to many other colleges in the area. We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, with one caveat: the sofa bed is typical, with a thin mattress. It was fine for our teenage son, but adults might find it a bit uncomfortable. The queen bed was very comfortable. We did not use the kitchen, but it would certainly be adequate for preparing a simple meal. The breakfast had many choices, and attendants kept it well-supplied even though the hotel was extremely busy. All hotel personnel we encountered were very pleasant. All-in-all, a reasonable choice for the Boston area. Tip: Park your car near a station and take the T into the city. It is easy to navigate, and driving/parking in Boston can be difficult (and expensive).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Located near a number of Boston area universities, the Residence Inn Woburn is a great place to stay when touring local colleges and we're thrilled you agree. We're glad you enjoyed our suite-style accommodations as well as the friendly service you received from our staff. While many guests utilize their own vehicles, we hope that during your next visit you'll take advantage of our complimentary shuttle to the local train station and other area hotspots. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to welcome you back during your next visit to Boston.
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel has a lot to offer. It's like your own little appartment near Boston.Stove, large fridge, dishwasher and more. Woburn is great because it's right beside the highway so you can go to Boston or Burlington Mall easily. Breakfast is great ! Eggs, waffles, and all you need to start your day. Juan at the frontdesk was really nice. We loved our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Woburn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We love that our suite-style accommodations could be your home away from home when visiting the Boston area. Our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet is a great way to fuel up before a fun-filled day of sightseeing in nearby towns like Boston and Lexington. Thank you for your kind review, we certainly hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Residence Inn Woburn soon.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I arrived at this wonderful hotel and I was wowed at everything from start to finish I have to say this is one of my Best Marriott hotels I have ever stayed at by far and I have been to many all over the world. I was checked in by Front Desk Agent Elisabeth she made me felt at home and exceptional customer services she went above and beyond her duty to ensure I had an amazing stay, Thanks Elizabeth. The room was just spotless and just homely not to mention the bed sooo comfortable, I love the layout, the furniture was very new and in very good condition. I love the breakfast too very good and filling eggs, ham, sausage, juices, hashbrowns, muffins, bagels, fruits, and you name it more than enough for a good fill up.
I love their shuttle service they have a 5 miles radius but a staff Front Office staff Peter took his own car and take me to an Outback Steakhouse which was 7 miles away that is what I called FIRST CLASS SERVICE and going above the extra mile to satisfy their guest need I cant thank them enough for this also they even picked me up as well, all I have to say was WOW. I really cant wait and definitely will tell all my friends when they come to Boston to stay here and I will definitely be back just because of the service I received from hotel also the staffs mentioned in this review they were great. Also getting to Boston was a breeze the station is 2 mins away via the complimentary shuttle you can even walk and the train to downtown is about 20 mins. Also the Logan Express to Anderson/Woburn station is about 20 to 25 mins. When I arrive at Logan airport I was in the hotel an hour and 10 mins after landing quite impressive. My hotel shuttle driver was Juan who also display excellent customer service thanks Juan. To sum it up this hotel is wonderful and no faults whatsoever I encourage everyone to give this hotel a try when visiting Boston and indulge in the friendly staffs and above and beyond service which is exceptional and an amazing property which is first class. Way to go Residence Inn Woburn keep up the great work.You all deserve 5 stars. See you soon.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank scor
Our staff is happy to do whatever they can to make our guests feel welcomed and cared for so we couldn't be happier to learn that the service you received helped make your stay a truly exceptional one. We're glad you enjoyed our convenient location, guest accommodations, complimentary shuttle and hot breakfast buffet. The compliments you've extended to our staff are greatly appreciated and will be shared with our entire team. Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back to the Residence Inn Woburn during your next visit to Boston.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
Hilton Boston / Woburn
#3 of 11 in Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
HYATT house Boston/Burlington

Been to Residence Inn Boston Woburn? Share your experiences!