“Don't rush the food and check the salad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 128 Restaurants in Woburn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Boston
“Don't rush the food and check the salad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visited the Brickyard during February vacation on a Tuesday night. My daughter and husband order hamburgers and were happy with their meals. My youngest daughter ordered a hot dog with fries, and I ordered a chicken ceasar salad.
The food came to the table except for my daughter's hot dog. They told us they were cooking the fries. When her plate came to the table the fries were not cooked through. One could tell by their color they were not golden brown. My daughter informed me that this was the second time the fries were under cooked. (She was there with my husband and her sister) and the
My salad had a lot of brown pieces of lettuce - it was not appetizing.

The bathroom is downstairs and I am glad I did not send my girls down there by themselves. As were approaching the ladies room a man walked out of the ladies room. Yikes! Lesson learned don't sent the young ones to the bathroom without an adult.

Visited February 2013

Boston
“PHANTOM GOURMET WRONG ON THIS ONE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Have to say the Phantom Gourmet was wrong on this one. We originally saw the brickyard on the show and watched the YouTube link attached the the restaurant website. It gave the Brickyard rave reviews but we experienced only disappointment. Six of us went to dinner and were seated promptly but a very courteous staff and bartenders. We ordered drinks and the martini's were great and a nice size. The draft beer selection was OK.

We ordered the Brickyard wings and surprised to see 8 small wings for $8.50. They were good, but not that good. Pizza Rustico was good, but not cooked enough and the bottom was actually raw dough. Cheese pizza about the same. By this time we were hoping for a better experience with the burgers, but it didn't happen.

We ordered 3 burgers, two stuffed and a cheeseburger. When we got them they were raw in the middle and the sweet potato and regular fries were cold. We showed the burgers to the server and she agreed and took them back to the kitchen. She returned in about 10 minutes with new burgers properly cooked, but the fries were cold again. Also, we thought the burgers were small, and they were just OK.

I was disappointed because the Brickyard is billed as a gourmet and upscale burger place and it isn't. There are many places to get a good burger in the area and I don't think this is one of them. I did like the decor, and the bar and lounge were very comfortable. The service we received was excellent, friendly and courteous. It wasn't all bad, it just isn't what it's advertised to be.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This restaurant is within walking distance. Food is good. Prefer to order one of their pizzas and an antipasto salad - although the pizza is cooked in wood burning oven, they are sometimes a little overdone for my personal taste . . . kids love their buffalo chicken sandwich; they have stuffed burgers which we have not tried yet . . .

Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great function space, food, drinks & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We recently had our office Holiday party at The Brickyard and had a great time. As the organizer of the event, they were easy to deal with and answered any questions I had promptly. Their functions menu was great and the prices were very fair, especially for the quality of the food. We will definitely be back to The Brickyard for our holiday party next year and I would recommend it to anyone looking to plan a function.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good, but service can be spotty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

If it's on your way somewhere or you're in Woburn Center and you're in the mood for solid American bar food, this is your place. The pizza is actually quite good. But the service can be spotty. Not worth a special trip.

Visited October 2012