New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Cheboygan, Michigan
“Enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our first time visiting Boston we decided to stay out of the city to save money and chose this hotel. We were very pleased. We stayed five nights and during all of this stay, the staff we encountered were pleasant and seemed to enjoy working here. We took the train into the city and they offered to take us to the station each morning. Breakfast was decent. The room was clean. I have nothing negative to say. The operations manager was dedicated to making sure customers were pleased with their stay and his staff, again, was remarkable, particularly Brandon. We had a room on the opposite side of the highway, so we didn't notice any noise as mentioned in another review. Traffic is heavy but I'm not sure there is an area around Boston that doesn't suffer from the same dilemma. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get on the side opposite of I 95. It is quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Basic motel. Clean room, clean bath, good tv but no frills.

Front desk help very nice. For a quick overnight, this hotel is convenient for business on rte 128.
Breakfast was better than most Fairfield Inns but the breakfast room was very crowded and small.
Eggs tasted like real eggs for a change. Towels were poor quality. Can not understand why Fairfield Inns use such poor quality. I think a slightly more expensive towel would last longer and be softer.

Bed was ok, a little soft but then I like a very firm mattress.

Traffic in the area is unreal around rush hours. Took an hour to get there from Waltham which is less than 20 miles away. Should have been 15 minutes tops. So even though the price was cheap, I need to rethink if I should spend more and be closer to the office and avoid rush hour traffic.
Be sure to get room on parking lot side of hotel to abate the highway noise.
Lots of restaurants in area.

Burlington, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Not much good to say. I booked well in advance and still all they had was a first floor HP room.Good I suppose if you are handicap but odd if you are not. Front desk staff seemed put out to answer even the most basic questions. Room was ok from a cleanliness perspective but just OK. Room was dark, half the lights didn't work, wallpaper was bubbling and pealing.
And the breakfast (if you can call it a breakfast) was complete with powered scrambled eqqs, tasteless half cooked sausage patties (at least that's what they said they were). They did have some fruit that was edible but can't say fresh or well presented.
All in all a pretty gross experience. Shame on Marriott.

Room Tip: Not on the first floor, not a HP room unless you are handicap
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mike C

Travelers are raving about these Woburn hotels

Highland Lakes, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed here over 20 times the past 2 years. It was a good place but has progressively gotten worse and worse. The rooms can be a bit loud since the hotel is located along 95 and next to a train, ask for a room in the front and on the left side, these are a bit better. On average it is relatively clean, occasionally some missed things by the cleaning staff. The best thing about this hotel is vast amount of activity around it, there are lots of restaurants in walking distance and the Woburn mall across the street to kill some time in. The Internet is the absolute worst, slow and not reliable at all. It was so much better before the change to bluestreak. This hotel has a lot of bus activity and I have seen up to 3 in at one time. These buses bring lots of loud children with them making the hotel very unpleasant at times. The breakfast is fresh and average, only if you can get to it. The breakfast room only holds about 15 people, when those people from the buses come down you are pretty much out of luck. People will be sitting all over the floor and hallways trying to eat, just not what a business customer wants. I still book here, but stay at the courtyard on the other side of Woburn mostly.

2 Thank Mfd4300
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here one night before taking a flight out of Logan. Service was good, breakfast as expected, the beds were great and the overall state of the hotel as in line with what I expected from a Fairfield Inn and for the price paid.

My only small complaint is that I didn't get the crib i requested when I made my reservation. I never do.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JulianM
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I try to stay loyal to Marriott. I have my preferences saved to my loyalty profile, and I picked this solely based on the name Marriott passing other options that were maybe cheaper or even more expensive and closer to Boston. I called ahead to inform of late (11pm) arrival and was reassured. When we arrived, I was not greeted or acknowledged as a loyalty member as I have come to like and expect. As a matter of fact the staff member didn't even say welcome to Marriott or anything...just are you here to check in? I am a very smiley and friendly person too...so that squashed that feeling. No rollaway available (it happens) so we bought an air mattress at nearby Sports Authority. We had 3 rooms for 7 people including 2 teen girls and 3 teen boys. Two of our teen boys don't like to sleep in same bed...sigh. No couches in rooms (just so you are aware...again, not their fault, just less the we were used to), no fridges in rooms (just so you know), no self laundry. I asked the night guy per the welcome guide to ask about nearby laundromat, and he said they were not open now (duh), so I said, no where is it for tomorrow, and he said to ask desk tomorrow. Why couldn't he tell me then, not make me come back to desk when it was busy. All they did next day was hand me paper with laundromat info on it...how was it he could not do that when I took the time to politely ask? Laundromat great...we did drop off of 37 pound of laundry for $50. Morning person...blonde female...was nicer. Shower was dirty with black stuff smudged on wall...my husband cleaned off before I could take picture. It is busy, loud because you can really hear people who were in parking lot...not hotel's fault...don't come here to sleep late. GREAT breakfast. Nice breakfast staff, keep it stocked...waffle maker, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels, peanut butter, coffee, etc. Small lobby with computer, tables and chairs in eating section, bathroom by elevators. Great wifi service. Outdoor smoke free seating area too for nice weather. Lots very close for restaurants, grocery, shopping. Other than shower in our room, it's clean and comfortable bed. Separate sink from toilet. Okay but the reception really is what set the tone...sorry but I have come to expect more.

Room Tip: 5th floor near end away from pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cleichhorn
CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I am totally grossed out by this hotel room. The carpeting is wet. The bedding is damp. The sheets are stained. There is no mattress cover on the bed, just a sheet on top of the mattress. Calling around to see if I can find a room at another hotel.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel to stay in
Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Boston North
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington

Been to Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington? Share your experiences!