“First Time in Long Time at Red Roof Inn---Pleasantly Surprised”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at a Red Roof Inn many years ago, and swore I would never do it again. This hotel appeared to have upgraded room photos on the website so we decided to give it a try... We opted for Superior King Room with a microwave and a refrigerator which were very important to us. The laminate floor is a smart and clean idea for a hotel. The room was spacious and perfect for our one night stay.. .
The pool received a new heater this week, and the pool is a lovely bonus for this hotel. When we arrived, a pool birthday party was in progress but we could still use the pool, and it worked out perfectly for all concerned. There are lots of pool towels. There is no hot tub.
The vending machines sell soda for $1.75 and chips for $1. The hotel is located across the street from a mall, and has several restaurant options adjacent to the hotel. There is a free breakfast which includes juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bagels, cream cheese,, hard boiled eggs, apples, oranges, possibly toaster waffles. It was more than sufficient. There is coffee in the lobby throughout the day which was so nice! Check in/ out was easy and accurate! There was an extra charge for the room safe but this was removed as we did not use the safe.
Previous reviews are correct in that the hotel is on a busy street, with lots of tire squealing on Saturday nights. The room heater is noisy enough to block out the noise of the ice machine, and clanging doors. It will not, however, block out the screams of children running in the hallways. When we could not take it any longer we called the front desk, and the staff member knew exactly what we were referring to as she had received several complaints about the same guests. The staff member had already spoken to this group 20 minutes earlier apparently, and she assured me that she would take care of it. The staff at this hotel are very competent and true to their word as they fixed this issue.
The only area that I would suggest improvement is the wifi which is slow probably due to high volume use. It was a bit faster at 5 am compared to in the evening. The website shows a computer and printer in the lobby. This computer requires a credit card to use, has a minimum $3 charge, and printing is 50 cents per sheet.
Overall I was very impressed with the value and cleanliness at this hotel, and the attentive front desk staff I would have no issues returning again in the future.

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel, away from the street, may be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear glory4him,

Thank you for staying with us and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write such a thorough and detailed review, it really helps the Trip Advisor viewers know how we are and they can choose with confidence as you are a Senior Contributor to this community. I am so glad that though years ago you swore you would never come back, you gave us another shot, thank you! I am glad that you were able to enjoy the pool and that the breakfast was sufficient and glad to hear you enjoyed our newly designed rooms. As you mentioned, we have wood like flooring with carpets just around the beds, new flat screen TVs, Serta Rest Suite Beds, Fridge/Microwave in Superior, Deluxe, and Premium rooms and all rooms have safes, iron/iron board, coffee makers, and hairdryers. As you mentioned we do charge for a safe in the room, however the charge is optional so if you don't use it we remove it no questions asked! I would like to apologize for last Saturday night, and I am glad you did not let it ruin the rest of your stay. We had a lacrosse team in that was "excited" to say the least (I guess they won?), and I apologize the noise was not controlled sooner. We have some new team members here so we will use this as a training tool to show them the impact it has on our guests, we also have already re-trained them because we knew about the issue prior to this review, but this does reinforce the "why" behind the reason for fixing problems on demand and not letting them prolong. I have to agree, the Wi-Fi could use improvement, the good news is... that improvement is coming very soon as well as a TV channel improvement which will include at least 36 HD Channels and we are very excited to add these changes to improve your stay! Again, thanks for your thorough review, I am glad that now you may think about Red Roof again when traveling, we sincerely appreciate being the "win" for the Brand!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I was in town for 12 nights and had not stayed at red roof inn until now. The staff was amazing especially Allyse, property 0238. Every time I had a question or need, it was met with exceptional professionalism and efficiency. She is one of the main reasons I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear 5545steve,

Thanks so much for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed it and appreciate your comments. I am thrilled to hear the staff took good care of you, I will absolutely praise them all for it, specifically Allyse and know they too will appreciate the kind words. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to hosting your next visit to the area.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Mike and Allyse were on duty during check in and were very professional! The property is very nice and clean (for a Red Roof INN) :) They both were very willing to help me plan my afternoon and gave me info on how to get downtown and back from the property. The breakfast is the usual carbs oriented food but nonetheless was better than most low end hotels. I will definitely be staying there again. It is a pet friendly hotel and we found that out the hard way when 2 large dogs moved in next door about midnight and began barking. Not sure what could have been done differently but it was an unexpected inconvenience. Unlikely that it would happen again...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Randy B,

Thank you so much for the kind comments, and we are glad you chose us as your place to stay! I am glad you found us to be nice, clean, and with great service, we try to offer this with each and every guest. I hope all worked out well with your trip into the city and I hope the train that is just a mile away was convenient and easy which made the trip easy. As mentioned, we are pet friendly, however our policy clearly states the pets must be well-behaved. If you ever encounter a noise issue please let our Front Desk team know and I can assure you it will be addressed right away. The breakfast will be revised with a little less carb and some healthier new items next week, I hope you enjoy on your next visit here. We do hope you come back and stay again, and I can assure you we will be working hard to make sure it is noise free.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Loved my room! It was completely renovated. Loved the changes from the bathroom to the room itself. I do not sleep well but fell asleep with the comfortable bed and pillows. Very clean and a great price!

Would definitely recommend and stay again!
Maureen

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Maureen,

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, I am thrilled to read how you loved the newly renovated rooms! We recently put in the wood like flooring with area rugs by the beds, flat screen TVs, Rest Suite beds by Serta, New Furnishings, and more! I am glad you also found us to offer a great value. We really appreciate the comments and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had heard that the Red Roof Inn underwent a renovation and indeed, they did! Our room was immaculate and was completely updated from bathroom fixtures to new flooring. I loved the fact that the only carpet was in between the two beds. The only caveat to our stay was that the pool heater was broken and the water was cold. We would definitely return to this hotel for its cleanliness, very large indoor pool and the friendliness of the staff and the perfect location; not to mention that they have a coffee station all day long!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen M
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Karen M,

Thanks for staying with us and thanks so much for the kind comments, we really appreciate them! Yes, we did recently renovate with a brand new design, flat screen TVs, new furniture, Serta Rest Suite beds, wood flooring and area rugs by the beds, Spa Inspired bathrooms and more! I am so glad you enjoyed the rooms, and also glad to hear the service offered was great! Our pool heater did recently fail, however this week we will undergo pool renovations which will include a fresh paint on the deck, a new higher powered heater, and more! We hope to see you again and do hope you can enjoy the refreshed pool when it is nice and warm!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This hotel is A1 for the price! we were very comfortable and loved the hotel
The pillows...what can i say...there were amazing! i cant say the last time i slept well like that..!:)
If we go back in boston we ll stay there for sure!

Thanks again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Kevin D,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about the great weekend you had with us. We appreciate the positive comments and are so happy to hear you were comfortable and you found us to offer a great value. We are so glad you slept so well... and look forward to your next sleep over here!

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We are so impressed with the great service we consistently receive with the Red Roof brand of hotels. At this location you will be WOWed by General Manager, Mike, who runs a smooth operation and Katie at the front desk. We had a small maintenance issue in our room and Ed was quick to address it and continued to follow up throughout our stay.
The rooms are quite spacious, nicely decorated and clean. Huge heated indoor pool just off the lobby and the daily breakfast was a great added
treat. Also enjoyed morning conversation about Bulgaria with the lovely attendant that restocked breakfast items.
This hotel is a tremendous value and the staff is outstanding! Make no hesitations about booking here!!
Dawn Macklin

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank VABeachers

Dear Ms. Macklin,

Thanks so much for staying here and for all of the kind words about the hotel and staff, we greatly appreciate it. I am so glad the service you received from our team WOWed you, that is our goal with each and every guest and I will absolutely praise Katie, Ed, and Seeka (breakfast attendant) for their hard work and efforts in making your stay enjoyable. I am glad you enjoyed having a breakfast and pool available, and we look forward to improving the pool this week with some renovations, as well as new healthy menu options for our breakfast the week after. Thanks again, we love having you here and hope to see you again soon.

Woburn, MA 01801

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington
#7 of 11 in Woburn
The Lakeside Inn
The Lakeside Inn
#2 of 2 in Wakefield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!