“Ice Spill”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I spilled some ice in the main lobby and Seeka came to my rescue. She helped me clean up my mess and went above and beyond to make sure I didn't feel uncomfortable in front of all of the guests. Seeka was amazing. Besides the spill the rooms are really nice and the staff was very friendly. The only downfall was they were doing some renovations and I work the third shift when I got in to go to bed there was some light drilling. The overall experience was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to let Seeka know about your wonderful comments. Seeka is one of our most valuable and tenured employees at this location, she recently celebrated her 17th year with Red Roof Inn.
Our renovation is complete and we our finalizing the "little things" that need attention, I do apologize for the noise.
We hope to see you again.

Pam Wilingham

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Red Roof Woburn is my favorite hotel in greater Boston Area just 9 miles north of downtown and near to Logan International Airport and others Boston historic site. The accommodation were fine with my 4 days stay. New renovated ground floor room was clean, towel and sheets were white. In Breakfast they have the plain Bagels my favorite. I love the heated indoor pool. Walking distance to a small mall Woburn Mall and next to a Mexican fine dining Restaurant. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ground floor room because parking is at the back.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you were able to take advantage of our proximity to local restaurants and the Woburn Mall across the street.

We look forward to your next visit. Remember booking your next stay is easy at Redroof.com.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were looking for a place near Boston for July 3rd and 4th. The price was right for this area ($99/night + tax, incl continental breakfast). Room was clean, but some minor problems: the faucet was not mounted tightly to the sink so it sort of a 2-handed process to turn on the water (but the sink was a cool, European looking square bowl mounted on top of the vanity!); and the keycard worked to open the door, but about half of the time, a dead-bolt somehow re-emerged after opening the door and in order to shut the door we had to re-insert the keycard and turn the handle again. My husband liked the height and pressure of the shower head (he's 6'2"), plus the bump-out shower rod which gives more elbow room when showering.

Didn't see or even hear a dog during our stay as some others said. Nor did we have time to use the pool. Breakfast was adequate but crowded. On 2nd night found that we could park by the back door and save a walk down the long corridor from the front entrance (we were in 228). Ice machine was empty when we left on Friday morning, but prob because others filled coolers or whatever, as I was trying to do, but I found some on the ground floor.

If you're taking a train into the city, there's a stop right nearby but that's commuter rail...more expensive than the T. But our local friend told us she parks at Wellington a few miles away to catch the T (Orange Line), and the parking lot there is either $6 (til 2 am) for the open lot which we found by mistake, or $5 for the 6th floor of the nearby covered garage (good for 24 hrs parking)--lower floors are more expensive (http://www.pilgrimparking.com/boston-parking-garages/station-landing-garage.htm)

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the ice machine--I know I made a lot of noise when I went to get ice, so...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the great review. I am glad that you found us a great choice in the Boston Area. Our proximity to the Boston Area via the transit system, great local restaurants, and the Woburn Mall across the street are features that add to our value.

I do apologize for the loose faucet in your room, We recently completed our renovation and are in the process of completing the "Little Things" that need attention.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Hotel was perfectly located for our needs during our stay in the Boston area, thus our decision to select it. Unfortunately, we failed to notice that it was pet friendly with the result that there nights in a row we were awaken by barking dogs. I do not mind being awaken around 0630h but at 0430h, that does it. Anyway, if you like pets, this is your place, if not run from it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that your sleep was interrupted due to barking dogs. I understand what an inconvenience it is to be awakened in the middle of the night.

Please be assured that we try to meet all of our guests needs, including being pet friendly. I do hope that our location and newly renovated rooms met with your approval.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

last night I stayed (only for a few hours...had to leave early for matters not hotel related), but from what I've experienced, it was very nice. It is literally a stone's throw from Bertuccis and Margarita's, and right across from the Woburn Mall, which makes it extremely convenient to go and get items you've might have forgotten to pack. Very accessible to rts 93 and 95. The only staff member I really had any interaction with was Pam, the manager. She was great. They recently renovated and painted some of the rooms, so because of this, it was hard to open up my room door because they paint stuck. At first I didn't know if I was doing something wrong, so I went back downstairs and she came up and helped me open it. The bathroom was very clean, really didn't see any hair or anything in the tub like I did with other hotels. And the little shampoo bottles they have is actually a shampoo and conditioner in one, which I REALLY wish more hotels have because they never supply any conditioner. I would definitely recommend anyone traveling to Boston to come to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your great comments on our location and our newly renovated rooms. I apologize that your guest room door was sticking when you tried to open it. I am glad that I was able to assist you in this matter.

We look forward to your next visit, please remember to log on to Redroof.com when making your next reservation.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

First the good. Clean recently updated rooms, nice sized pool, relatively close to transportation to get into Boston (CHECK SCHEDULES) and you will save money by staying here. But with those low prices remember to manage your expectations.

The bad. My door didn't open at check in and the sweet girl at the front desk had some person with her, not an employee mind you, WHO WAS INVITED to go up with us to fix my door. Once she fought the door open she says “well you can get in, I’ll just worry about fixing it tomorrow. If you need to leave to get some ice or something just prop the door open”. Totally unacceptable. The door was never fixed and we had to fight and force it open every single time.

That girl was nice but that was where the kindness ended. The other employees were as my 10 year old put it “scary” and rude. That is when you could find someone at the desk. Be prepared to stand there 10-15 min waiting. Also there were some people who were sitting right outside the front door smoking, yelling just being obnoxious in general. Employees? Guests? We never found out but that was not the welcome I was expecting. Oh, and they have pool memberships! I find it very uncomfortable that there is Joe anybody and God knows who from the community with him coming to the pool that should be for guests of the hotel. I don’t like the idea of just anybody wandering around hanging out there.

Now the ugly. It plainly states on the website that this is a pet friendly establishment. My mistake for not truly appreciating what that meant. It means people will bring their pets to this establishment. There were bad dog smells, BARKING AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT and of course people screaming in the hallways to “shut that @#$% dog up before I cook it! I’ve only had 2 @#$% hours of sleep all night!” My son was terrified. The hotel was recently renovated but they forgot to sound proof. Not only did I have to deal with barking dogs all night every night but I could hear everything the people in the next room did and said including their tv shows. Thank God they were just slightly boisterous and not amorous or I would have had some serious explaining to do for my 10 year old son.

My husband will be in Boston this fall and I have a 2nd trip coming this year also. I’ve already told my husband not to and I would not stay here again. The transportation is relatively close but the schedule is too inconvienient. Not the hotel’s fault but if you don’t rent a car you have to return from Boston either at 8p or 11:30p or take a cab. We had to pay for a cab each night. That alone made it not worth the money saved by staying here. This hotel is not worth it not with the dogs on top of everything else.

1  Thank Lorie H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel .We appreciate all the comments we receive.
I am glad you liked our newly renovated hotel our proximity to public transportation and local restaurants. I do apologize for the remainder of your stay. We are a pet friendly hotel and we obtain a telephone number to contact our guests with pets in case of disturbances.
As to our pool membership, we have elderly/mature people who use our indoor heated pool for therapy and value that we offer a pool membership.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have not had good experiences at other Red Roof Inn properties but were given no choice but to stay at this one due to the ridiculous hotel prices in downtown Boston (between $350 and $700 per night). We were favorably impressed with this hotel. It was very clean, relatively new and closer in quality to a Hampton Inn or some of the other mid-range national chains than a typical Red Roof. It is conveniently located near the intersection of two major highways (I-93 and I-95) and a number of usual suburban stores and restaurants. This is an excellent alternative to staying in downtown Boston if you don't mind driving 15-20 minutes (with no traffic) and want to save $200-$400 per night on hotel charges.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our hotel Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am glad that you recognized the hotel as an excellent value. With our renovation nearing completion, the new rooms will certainly assist us in maintaining our high level of quality service.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Boston area.

Sincerely.

Pamela Willingham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington
#6 of 11 in Woburn
The Lakeside Inn
The Lakeside Inn
#2 of 2 in Wakefield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!