“If you like Dogs!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Hotel was perfectly located for our needs during our stay in the Boston area, thus our decision to select it. Unfortunately, we failed to notice that it was pet friendly with the result that there nights in a row we were awaken by barking dogs. I do not mind being awaken around 0630h but at 0430h, that does it. Anyway, if you like pets, this is your place, if not run from it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that your sleep was interrupted due to barking dogs. I understand what an inconvenience it is to be awakened in the middle of the night.

Please be assured that we try to meet all of our guests needs, including being pet friendly. I do hope that our location and newly renovated rooms met with your approval.

Thank you again for your comments.

Pam Willingham

Reviewed June 28, 2013

last night I stayed (only for a few hours...had to leave early for matters not hotel related), but from what I've experienced, it was very nice. It is literally a stone's throw from Bertuccis and Margarita's, and right across from the Woburn Mall, which makes it extremely convenient to go and get items you've might have forgotten to pack. Very accessible to rts 93 and 95. The only staff member I really had any interaction with was Pam, the manager. She was great. They recently renovated and painted some of the rooms, so because of this, it was hard to open up my room door because they paint stuck. At first I didn't know if I was doing something wrong, so I went back downstairs and she came up and helped me open it. The bathroom was very clean, really didn't see any hair or anything in the tub like I did with other hotels. And the little shampoo bottles they have is actually a shampoo and conditioner in one, which I REALLY wish more hotels have because they never supply any conditioner. I would definitely recommend anyone traveling to Boston to come to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your great comments on our location and our newly renovated rooms. I apologize that your guest room door was sticking when you tried to open it. I am glad that I was able to assist you in this matter.

We look forward to your next visit, please remember to log on to Redroof.com when making your next reservation.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

First the good. Clean recently updated rooms, nice sized pool, relatively close to transportation to get into Boston (CHECK SCHEDULES) and you will save money by staying here. But with those low prices remember to manage your expectations.

The bad. My door didn't open at check in and the sweet girl at the front desk had some person with her, not an employee mind you, WHO WAS INVITED to go up with us to fix my door. Once she fought the door open she says “well you can get in, I’ll just worry about fixing it tomorrow. If you need to leave to get some ice or something just prop the door open”. Totally unacceptable. The door was never fixed and we had to fight and force it open every single time.

That girl was nice but that was where the kindness ended. The other employees were as my 10 year old put it “scary” and rude. That is when you could find someone at the desk. Be prepared to stand there 10-15 min waiting. Also there were some people who were sitting right outside the front door smoking, yelling just being obnoxious in general. Employees? Guests? We never found out but that was not the welcome I was expecting. Oh, and they have pool memberships! I find it very uncomfortable that there is Joe anybody and God knows who from the community with him coming to the pool that should be for guests of the hotel. I don’t like the idea of just anybody wandering around hanging out there.

Now the ugly. It plainly states on the website that this is a pet friendly establishment. My mistake for not truly appreciating what that meant. It means people will bring their pets to this establishment. There were bad dog smells, BARKING AT ALL HOURS OF THE NIGHT and of course people screaming in the hallways to “shut that @#$% dog up before I cook it! I’ve only had 2 @#$% hours of sleep all night!” My son was terrified. The hotel was recently renovated but they forgot to sound proof. Not only did I have to deal with barking dogs all night every night but I could hear everything the people in the next room did and said including their tv shows. Thank God they were just slightly boisterous and not amorous or I would have had some serious explaining to do for my 10 year old son.

My husband will be in Boston this fall and I have a 2nd trip coming this year also. I’ve already told my husband not to and I would not stay here again. The transportation is relatively close but the schedule is too inconvienient. Not the hotel’s fault but if you don’t rent a car you have to return from Boston either at 8p or 11:30p or take a cab. We had to pay for a cab each night. That alone made it not worth the money saved by staying here. This hotel is not worth it not with the dogs on top of everything else.

1  Thank Lorie H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel .We appreciate all the comments we receive.
I am glad you liked our newly renovated hotel our proximity to public transportation and local restaurants. I do apologize for the remainder of your stay. We are a pet friendly hotel and we obtain a telephone number to contact our guests with pets in case of disturbances.
As to our pool membership, we have elderly/mature people who use our indoor heated pool for therapy and value that we offer a pool membership.

Thank you again for your review.

Pam Willingham

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We have not had good experiences at other Red Roof Inn properties but were given no choice but to stay at this one due to the ridiculous hotel prices in downtown Boston (between $350 and $700 per night). We were favorably impressed with this hotel. It was very clean, relatively new and closer in quality to a Hampton Inn or some of the other mid-range national chains than a typical Red Roof. It is conveniently located near the intersection of two major highways (I-93 and I-95) and a number of usual suburban stores and restaurants. This is an excellent alternative to staying in downtown Boston if you don't mind driving 15-20 minutes (with no traffic) and want to save $200-$400 per night on hotel charges.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our hotel Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am glad that you recognized the hotel as an excellent value. With our renovation nearing completion, the new rooms will certainly assist us in maintaining our high level of quality service.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Boston area.

Sincerely.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My family and I travelled from Ottawa, Ontario to Woburn, Massachusetts. It's about 9 hours with a 7 month old. So we were relieved to get to the hotel and relax. The staff were friendly upon check in. After many trips to the car and then to the room we were ready to settle in for the night. Once I got the baby to sleep I went to use the toilet only to discover it wouldn't flush properly. I went to the front desk and informed them about the toilet. They were very apologetic and willing to make it up to us by upgrading our room. Meaning we had to move rooms. I asked if there was anyway they could have someone come fix the toilet in our current room as the baby had just gone to sleep. They said they were unable to do that as they had no maintenance on site to fix the toilet. So we moved rooms. Once settled in our new room I of course had to test the toilet. Guess what it didn't work well either! So I thought I would have a shower. I let the water run to warm up, after 10 min still no hot water, not even warm. So off to bed it was. Only to be awakened by our neighbours adventures in bed. The next night was not any better. There was a group of people outside our room, we were on the 5th floor, that were speaking so loudly it sounded like they were right outside of our room. It's now 2am and the group has woke the baby up. I went down to the front desk to see if they could speak to the group. They said that they couldn't because they were on public property. So the front entrance of your building is public property. As. Well the hotel is under renovations which we did not learn of until we arrived. The contractors started the work at 8am. Too bad for guests trying to sleep. We were to stay a third night but we checked out instead. Have no intentions of ever staying there again. I would not recommend this place to anyone with a young family.

2  Thank Deanna8012
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Deanna 8012,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies that your toilet was inoperable and we were not able to correct the issue promptly and when we did other issues arose preventing you from having an enjoyable stay. It is our goal that each room is inspected daily for cleanliness and that items function as they are intended. I understand the inconvenience of changing rooms once you are settled in, especially with a child. Your comments are appreciated and will be relayed to our staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My church youth group spent 3 nights at RRI in Woburn over the recent Memorial Day weekend : 8 teens, 4 adults, 3 rooms.
Positives : The indoor swimming pool is bigger than many indoor hotel pools & offered plenty of poolside seating areas.
We ocupied 2 standard tooms & one suite. The "suite" was large : 1 king sized bed, a pull out couch, a small fridge & a microwave. It was spacious enough to hold movie night in the room for all 8 teenagers.
Negatives : The toilet was stopped up in one of our 1st floor rooms on Saturday night. The desk clerk claimed to be the only staffer in the building & didn't know where to locate a plunger. That toilet was fixed in the am when the maintenance person came on shift then it stopped up again the next night. Suppose a pipe burst or some other calamity happened? There was NOONE in the building who could fix anything past 5 pm.
The On Demand movie feature was not working Saturday night so the only option was HBO or regular TV.
There is no fitness center at this hotel.
The continental breakfast - urns of coffee, powdered & individual creamers, bagels & packets of instant oatmeal. The "fresh fruit" was a sad looking bowl of red delicious apples & oranges. There were 4 small tables to accomodate all guests who might want to sit down while eating so we often took our food back to our room. Fortunately, there is a grocery store within walking distance if you want to supplement the hotel fare.

Room Tip: If you want a working toilet, don't choose the first floor. Our 2nd floor room had no problems...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel . It was a pleasure having your group visit our hotel . I am pleased that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our guest rooms and our swimming pool. I apologize that your toilet was inoperable and we were not able to correct the problem immediately. It is our goal that our guests are provided exceptional service throughout their stay with us. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

my boyfriend and i stay at the red roof inn in woburn mass first off noone we their for 20 the front desk clerk kim very dissappointed was not very friendly we asked for a king and she gave us a double remote did not work toilet very dirty very old ac/heater very loud i hope they can get it together and greet their guests a little better, carpets in the hallway dirty and old, ceiling in the vending area had water damage, continential breakfast was small and disappointing thank you concerned guests

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies that the level of service you received was not up to your expectations or ours. As to the issues with your guest room we are in the process of renovating the hotel. The renovation is scheduled for completion June 25th. Our new rooms will include laminate wood floors, new ac/heaters as needed, new furniture,mattresses and bedding. I would appreciate the opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations with our new rooms and to provide you with the level of guest service we strive to give our guests.

Pamela Willingham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington
#6 of 11 in Woburn
The Lakeside Inn
The Lakeside Inn
#2 of 2 in Wakefield

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!