“Clean but feels outdated/tired”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Taunton, Massachusetts
“Clean but feels outdated/tired”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

First off, if you're just looking for a clean place to lay down your head with a few restaurants nearby, then this is the place at a great value. Now that said, this is a pet friendly hotel. If you're traveling with your pet, then this is the place for you. If you're allergic to animals, keep moving.
I stayed at the hotel a few times for work (September 2012 - February 2013) and there's one issue that I ALWAYS noticed: every room I ever had didn't have a working ventilation in the bathroom :/

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
i0238, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear DLi_04,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to tell others about our property. We are glad to hear that our hotel was clean and nice place to lay your head down and you found us to be a great value. As you mentioned we are a pet friendly hotel. I do want to apologize for the bathroom vents I will pass these comments along to see what can be done about this. Thanks again, and we hope that we can have the opportunity to serve your needs in the future.

Woburn, MA 01801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Mirabel, Qc
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Red Roof.
We chose it especially because it was pet friendly.
Rooms were recently renovated. Very nice for a very affordable hotel.
Staff was nice.
Rooms clean and confortable.
Free continental breakfast is not really a "continental breakfast"... it is "toasts or Bagles" with poor coffee... but for the price you pay for the night, don't complain and go to Starbucks...
The mall across the street is very small and the only interesting store is TJ Max.
Location excellent to visit Boston, Lowell and the region.
We would return here (even without our dog) because we found it a very decent hotel for the price.
We stayed at 3 different Red Roof during our short trip and liked them all. The price of Red Roof is similar to Motel 6 but the quality is better.
I recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0238, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Ben0844,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience in this review. I am glad to hear that you chose us because we are pet friendly. We are also glad to hear that you were able to experience our new renovated rooms and you found them to be very nice. We appreciate your comments about the staff and I will be sure to share this with them. I do apologize that you found our coffee to be poor. I would also like to apologize for the continental breakfast not meeting your standard thoughts of what a continental breakfast consist of. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you are in the area!

o
Reviewed April 8, 2013

They are just doing a renovation on the hotel. We lived in 5th floor and they were pretty new and clean. Even the picture on the wall was beautiful. It was April and still cold outside. They only offered a blanket so we needed to turn on the heater and it was on and off that made a lot of noise. Also, don’t expect too much on the breakfast, simply coffee and bagel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
i0238, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear dxp0105a,

Thank You for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at our property. I do want to apologize for the heater making noise when you turned it on. This is something that I will make sure we check when we are cleaning the room so that this will not happen again. As to our selection to our breakfast items we also offer fresh juice, oatmeal, danishes and muffins. I do hope that should you return to the Boston area, we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Red Roof Inn-Woburn
Woburn MA 01801
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Red Roof in Woburn was a good venue for the price. We had a function to attend in downtown Boston and access from Woburn was quick though the dodgem cars experience on Storrow Drive added to the excitement. I had a clean, newly refurbished room with a king-sized bed. I had the largest room of any in our group. However, the lobby was being redone and looked like Sarajevo in its bad days. The work should be done soon. I would come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Doc-Rugby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were able to experience one of our new renovated rooms. I do want to apologize for our lobby and yes we wil be done very soon. Our team would like to thank you again for your comments and well all look forward to serving you again soon.

Red Roof Inn-Woburn
cape cod
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I were taking a course outside of Boston and we booked a night at red roof inn. We were very surprised with the room. Very clean new bed linens wide screen tv and so on. Best part was the price! AAA price of 63.00 plus tax!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
i0238, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear stone13060,

First let me thank you for giving us your feedback on your visit to our property. I am glad that we were able to surprise you and your husband during your stay. I am also glad to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and you enjoyed our accommodations here at the Red Roof Inn in Woburn Massachusetts. Thanks so much for all of these kind comments and we can't wait to welcome you back!

Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 4, 2013

First off this is a nice hotel to stay at outside of the city.Under construction so I wish I knew what floor to request so we could've had one of the redone rooms.
We booked through Orbitz and was placed on the first floor in one of the handicapped rooms.
Nice room, big bathroom and seemed clean. Bed was okay. Soon to be replaced when redone.
No complaints here.
Next morning, being a coffee addict i went to get some coffee. WARNING!!!
BRING YOUR OWN MILK OR CREAM.
Major letdown. They offer the CHEMICAL filled powdered lightener. Really?
I have never, ever ever stayed in a hotel that didn't offer real cream or milk with coffee. Not even in a one star hotel. NOT COOL.

We left the "clean room now" sign on our door. Yes it says that...weird I think.
Well, the housekeeper certainly cleaned it. Nice job.

Staff was pleasant. I had an issue with our iron being dirty and the front desk woman went out of her way to get me one that was suitable. Thank you.

We will certainly be back. Love the location. I will just bring my own cream. Small price to pay considering we loved everything else. Especially for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ron D
i0238, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear RonD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Red Roof Inn in Woburn. Next time you are planning to come back to Boston we will do our best to put you in one of the renovated rooms. I do want to apologize that the powder creamer was a disappointment to you. I appreciate the comments that you said about the housekeeper and I will share that with her. I am also glad to hear that the front desk woman went out of her way to get you a new iron. Our team would like to thank you again for your comments and we all look forward to serving you again should your travels return you to our area.

Kelly Gil Assistant General Manager
Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nothing out of the ordinary, Had an issue with room not being cleaned while i was gone for several hours, room clean and quiet. If yoju are looking for frills move on easy access to highways and 5 mins down to Boston ... would stay again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
i0238, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Bear464,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review about our hotel. I do want to apologize for the issue you encountered regarding your room not being cleaned for several hours. I am glad to hear you would chose to stay here again I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Kelly Gil, Assistant General Manager