“Too long of a stay”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
“Too long of a stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the red roof inn in Woburn mass, my family and i stayed for 2 weeks, even the dog. Who at the time was only a puppy.we went threw hell the first few days with rooms being in less then perfect condition, when i went down to explain why i felt i needed another room, i was greeted by Marybeth. Pleasent as could be, whenever my kids were down in the lobby or walking the dog she greeted them by name, asked them how they were doing. She even made the dog feel special.with treats and all. Ive been back two more times to stay because of her. If its a extra pillow or more coffee marybeth or kim are the ones to see. Pleasent,kind, friendly id recomend staying there to anyone and tell to look for marybeth youll be in great hands. Marybeth turned a horrible vist into a returning trip for me. Thank you!!!!! She gaves us directions on where to eat to where we could take the dog with to the beach. She was very helpful as far as where to take the kids how to get to the zoo, where to take the dog to be watched or to the dog park. Marybeth and kim always made us and the dog feel very welcome, like we were just as important as anyone else.

• Stayed July 2012
i0238, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Bearpaw5,

Thank you for posting a review about your experience with our hotel here Boston Woburn Red Roof. We are very pleased to hear that MaryBeth was able to fix the situation you encounter with the room being less than perfect condition. I am also pleased to hear that Mary Beth that you found her to be pleasant to your family and to your dog. I will make sure that I pass along the wonderful comments you made about her. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the area.

Kelly Gil-Front Office Manager
Red Roof Inn – Woburn
Woburn, MA 01801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Hayward, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

The AC condensate drain plugged and soaked all the carpet. If you like breathing from a Petri dish stay here. We stayed 4 nights and checked out 4 days sooner than planned because of room condition. The maintenance person said that they have known of the problem with this room. The hotel was full so we could not switch rooms. There is no shelf space in the bathroom to put your things other than the back of the toilet.
There were 5 floors and for breakfast they only serve plain bagels with one 4 slot toaster, you can imagine the line and unhappy people.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
i0238, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear CharlieSpa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry about the AC condensate and the carpet being soaked. It is through honest feedback such as yours that we are able to improve Red Roof. Rest assured that I have personally followed up with my entire staff and corrective measures have been taken.

Woburn MA 01801

Travelers are raving about these Woburn hotels

Kozhikode, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at this property for one night in July. The room was large, cheery, with refrigerator, microwave oven, working desk and coffee maker machine. So if you want to avoid eating out in restaurants (there is one Mexican place next door), then you could always buy some frozen stuff in the large store across the street and do some basic cooking in the oven. But these apart, Woburn is quite some distance from Boston. I took the non-stop bus from Logan airport and it took more than half-an hour. There is also the option to take a train. But both the train and bus stations are more than a mile from the hotel and one has to take a cab. Since the taxis don't run on meters, I paid $8 from the bus station to the hotel, but $10 on the way back. So this place is not for you if you are a tourist visiting Boston. Given the distance from the city, I thought the tariff was a little on the higher side, though I have no complaints regarding the room or the staff. I would stay there again, but only if I can't find something suitable in Boston.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
i0238, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear kozhiman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Red Roof Inn Woburn. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel. One of our ultimate goals is to provide exceptional customer service. I do want to apologize that you found Boston to be quite a distance. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Woburn.

Red Roof Inn Woburn
Exton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were trying to avoid the high Boston costs for a two day trip, and knew of the reputation of the RR Inns. We are not in the room that often, and ust want a clean place to sleep and shower. I have to say, that it was clean, and that it fit our needs for a place to rest and clean up.
Our check in was fine, and we headed to the 3rd floor. Upon arrival, we turned on the TV. It was Olympics week, and we all like to see as much Olympic coverage as possible. The TV came on, but no signal. I worked with it for a few minutes, then called the front desk. She said they would have someone reset it. I waited for about 10 minutes, fiddled with it, and then tried to call the front desk, but got no answer. So, I went downstairs. When I got there, I asked about the reset of the TV. The answer I got was, "It needs to be reset by an engineer, and they are all gone for the day." PERIOD. No, Sorry about that.. no.. can I change your room. So, I responded that we need another room. No issues.. she was pleasant about it, but wasn't the helpful sort! We were moved to a room a couple of doors down and across the hall. Upon entering the new room, we found the personal effects of other guests. The room was either not cleaned from the day before or they put us in a room that was already occupied. My first thought was, I wonder how often they do this, and do I need to worry about it when I'm gone?
Another trip downstairs, this time, not so pleasant. I asked for the GM, and was told they were off site. My response: I don't care. She called the GM, put me on the phone, and the GM's response was very unapologetic. She said, Jessie is taking care of getting you a new room. A poor attempt at an apology and no acknowledgement of the fact that they really screwed it up.

I do expect a lot of those who are in the service industry. But asking for a room that has a working TV isn't expecting a lot, nor is expecting that they don't give out keys to rooms that are already occupied. Those are the BASICS that a hotel should provide for their guests, along with a clean room.

The kids enjoyed the pool, and the breakfast was adequate (although the lobby was very crowded during breakfast time). I did wonder why the sprinklers were pointed to the sidewalks in the evening (or at all).

Would I return? Not in a minute! Not because the overall stay was bad, but because there are plenty of other hotels in the area that would make me feel welcome and valued.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott S
Michigan's thumb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Wishing to avoid having to spend $800+ for a hotel room for a four day, three night trip to Boston, I booked a room at this location. The room was clean and a light breakfast was included. No complaints! Great Mexican restaurant next door----On the Border.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelfamily4
i0238, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Travelfamily4,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay and thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn-Boston Woburn. We were glad to hear that your stay was good. If you should travel this way again we'd certainly love to have you back here at the Red Roof Inn. Thanks once again

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

My family and I were pleasantly surprised with our recent stay at the red roof inn in Woburn,Ma. We were in town to visit family and needed a modestly priced hotel. From the moment that we walked in the door and Kelly greeted us with a warm and inviting smile I knew I had made a wise choice. Kelly answered all of our questions with the utmost professionalism and respect. Our room was clean and comfortable. When I plan my next trip to Woburn I will definitley stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
i0238, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Criquey,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Red Roof Inn Woburn. I will certainly pass along your comments to my staff. I am glad that Kelly made you feel welcomed from the moment you walked in. . I understand that you have many choices when traveling and we appreciate that you choose us. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again

Rhonda See-General Manger