“Well worth the money.”

Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
“Well worth the money.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for almost a month waiting for my apartment to be ready. This Extended Stay was great! The staff was friendly & helpful. The outdoor swimming pool was refreshing - not overly chlorinated & slimey feeling like some hotel pools. There is lots of lounging area around the pool plus a barbeque near by. Very quiet surroundings. There's a grocery store within walking distance as well as an Applebee's and a liquor store. Movie theatre close by. The only thing is there is only so much diningwear in the room. You need to ask the front desk for more. Also not enough serving/mixing bowls and other kitchen needs for an "extended stay." Beyond that, this is a great place to stay for business and pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank eogrady
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our swimming pool especially with the hot weather we have been having.

I agree with you about the convenient location of our hotel with being so close to restaurants, shopping and a movie theater.

Once again, thank you again for your review. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at BWO@extendedstay.com or 781-938-3737, so we can speak directly. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Delavan, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We travelled to Boston to attend our son's wedding. We came early in order to meet his wife's family and spend some time getting to know them. Our son lives in Waltham (a western suburb) and our daughter had rented a house in Winchester (just north of the airport), and we booked through Hotwire and let them choose a hotel for us in the "Lexington region" (along the northwest portion of the I-495 corridor. I've driven in lots of city traffic before (LA, Chicago, D.C., Istanbul), but never experienced the troubles I had in Boston. Given that, I probably would not stay here again, but not because of the hotel as much as it didn't provide ready access to all parts of the city that I was hoping for. So, pick your location wisely, and double the drive times of anything that mapquest tells you it will be in the area, even when it isn't rush hour.

As for the hotel itself, it was adequate, but not outstanding. The room has full kitchen in it that is appropriately stocked. If you are looking to save money by cooking meals in your room, this hotel should be toward the top of your list. If you are going to be visiting family, seeing sights, and eating out for meals anyway, you probably would be just as happy with a micro-fridge and a microwave.

The room was clean (it might have even been a brand new bedspread) and decently appointed. We were there long enough to experience that they respond quickly to repairs. A washer need repair and was fixed in 24 hours.

What was disappointing is the "Grab and Go" breakfast. I don't consider a muffin, instant oatmeal, and a granola bar breakfast. And the day they "treated" us with donuts, they were all gone early.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We appreciate the kind comments about the cleanliness of our facility; however, we apologize that our Grab-n-Go Breakfast was not what you were expecting. It is our desire to offer a light breakfast option to our guests while still keeping our rates as low as possible for all guests including those who utilize their in-room kitchens to prepare a hot breakfast should they so desire. I have checked our hotel description on Hotwire.com and while the picture of the breakfast we offer is accurate the description of "Free Breakfast" I agree could be a bit more descriptive. I will contact Hotwire to see if they may be able to change that to reflect the Grab-n-Go style breakfast that it is. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at bwo@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently stayed two nights in your Woburn hotel. Check in was smooth even though they seemed to be training new desk help. Good luck to her. She was very sweet but not sure her name. The room was nice and I was told they were recently renovated. Also, The convenience of a grocery store across the street was a plus!!!
I will definitely return.
Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience during your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you had a great check-in process, especially since we were in the midst of training our newest staff member. I will be sure to share your comments with them! As well, I am happy that you enjoyed your room and our convenient location.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at BWO@extendedstay.com or 781-938-3737 , so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Gulfport, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at this facility almost two weeks, and there was never a problem. Cindy at the front desk went above and beyond with any questions I had, always with a smile. The unit was very clean and evidently recently renovated. Although there seemed to be several children there, it was quiet all the time. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Margo - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for providing us with feedback about your two week stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding Cindy, and will definitely share them with her. As well, I am very glad that you found our hotel to be clean and quiet.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We checked in on a Friday and our service was excellant. Front desk help was very nice. She was very professional and helpful. I think her name was JaneMarie. On Saturday night we decided to stay a extra night. We call front desk and asked if it was avail, JaneMarie was on again. She told us it was, and to come down and take care of it. Our mistake. We forgot to and went to bed. Front Desk called in the morning her name was Cindy and asked if we were checking out. I explained to her that we forgot too and would be right down to take care of it. My girlfriend comes back telling me the rate when up and its 26 more dollars for the night. I've stayed on Sunday's previously and our rate stayed the same.
We had to get change for laundry and she made a coment that "we need clean cloths too". Comment was not nessasary. Then our cards wouldn't work so we had to go to front desk again and the sign was up that she'd stepped away. Next thing she's coming around the wall behind the desk. She asked us what we need and we explain our cards needed to be updated for room. With additude she does and tell us that we need to keep them away from our phones. Phone's or needed to be updated for the extra day, I'm not sure, but were paying customers and she needs some better customer service skills. It felt like we were bothering her when we needed something.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank jmcole615
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that Jane Marie provided you with such a wonderful level of service! We also appreciate you letting us know that this was not the case with all of our staff members. We will certainly work with the team to ensure a more consistent feeling moving forward. As well, our rates often vary based on the day of the week, most commonly with weekend nights (Friday and Saturdays) having a different rate than weekday nights. However, I hope you will agree that we consistently remain one of, if not the best value in the area.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am originally from the Boston area. I came in to town for my nephews college grad and stayed at ESA-Woburn with my family. Upon check-in the girl at the front desk was rude and short with us (very young and little, a brunette girl). We had a few questions and we got the attitude as if we were bothering her or she had something better to do. Later that night my son and I passed her as we were going to the exercise rm. She was coming out of one of the hotel rms smelling badly of smoke (I don't mean cigarette smoke). Being parents of a young teen and doing our best to discourage drugs, it was extremely frustrating, to say the least, of having to explain that this employee was wrong to get high especially during work. There was another girl at the front desk after we visited the exercise rm (a very friendly professional blonde girl...also young). We had seen her at check-in while assisting another guest. She helped us with the wifi and we were very pleased with her. Other than our positive experience with the blonde girl (I think her name was AnnMarie), I would NOT recommend this hotel. After dealing with that brunette and her priority not being to help the guests which she gets paid to help, all I could hear in my head was their new theme song in the new ESA commercial "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!" We certainly won't ever again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the associate that checked you into the hotel is truly regrettable and not the type of attitude or behavior that is tolerated by our organization. Our guests come first and we continually work to install that attitude in all of our staff members. We are very sorry for your experience and I can promise you it was not representative of what you can typically expect. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact me, at the hotel if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed there this past weekend for my daughters graduation. The staff was super friendly I had a young girl with long blonde hair check me in, she went over and beyond for me and my family. She gave me directions to malls and good places to eat. Called me a cab to get me to the airport and offered another cab to me for any place in the area for just $7 dollars. Also it's right near the food store and many restaurants. My mattress was super comfortable and the room was nicely updated. Only down side was the pool wasn't just open yet. Other then that I would go back again just for how great my stay was and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay and congratulations on your daughter's graduation!. It's great to hear that our staff was able to assist with all of your needs while you were attending your daughter's graduation. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!