“Enormous Portions at great prices...”
Review of Paesan's Brick Oven Pizzeria - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paesan's Brick Oven Pizzeria
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Stockton, CA
“Enormous Portions at great prices...”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Whenever I am visiting family in Winthrop I usually have dinner or lunch here a few times. The portions are enormous. I have been here with several friends and am always shocked at how inexpensive the bill is when it arrives. No one ever complains about the taste either. Friends have ordered a variety of items and always been satisfied. The fact that they have not one but two vans for delivery says something about the place in my book.

I have NEVER had bad service at this restaurant. I ws prompted to write this review based on the review saying the service was bad. Not the case on a dozen different visits over the last 5 years.

The menu consists of pizza, pasta, salads, sandwiches, etc. and a selection of desserts that I have not tried as I never have room after eating my meal. But they do look good in the display case. The desserts seem to consist of different types of cheese cakes.

The 12 year olds in our party wanted to each order a pizza but our helpful server suggested we have a 1/2 order of each pizza. This worked out beautifully and saved us some $$ too. We had half the pizza boxed up after each of us having a very generous postion. My friend order a chicken salad and it was so big that she shared it with her daughter and still had leftovers. I had a bowl of the soup and it was great...not too thick nor too thin. I am fussy about soups and this one was just right.

The resturant is a strip mall but do not let this turn you away. On the plus side there is plenty of parking which is at a premium at most restaurants in Winthrop.

• Visited March 2013

“Average food - great service”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Had dinner here with a group, including some teenagers. The pasta dishes were enormous but tasteless however the teens loved the pizza and the TVs at every table. The service was excellent (adorable waitress named Julie who was a total sweetheart with the kids) but I wouldn't go back to this restaurant... Once was enough.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Average food and bad service, not a good choice for a local spot!”
Reviewed January 30, 2008

This place is just your average run of the mill pizza place that touts the best food in the area for this small ocean side town. What it really amounts to is a dark gloomy bad interior and terrible service with greasy pizza and awful pasta. Think about take out here if its your last resort but think about also skipping the place and heading over to Crest Ave Pizza where the food is better and the staff is nicer!