“Don't go if you don't like it you still have to eat it”
Review of Kasbah

Kasbah
Ranked #22 of 42 Restaurants in Winthrop
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Ordered a steak med rare came out well. Tried to get what I ordered but at this place I guess that dosent matter cook named manya gave me the same one back. wow that was a shock. Rest of the food was ok but don't think I would ever go back.

There are newer reviews for Kasbah

Reviewed February 12, 2011

RUN! AWEFUL! HATE IT! (1 star)

The first time was here, I was invited. The first impression was aweful, since is in East Boston, an unattractive part of MA. The restaurant is located in an old house where you smell the dust and old wood. I was so shock when the waiter gave me COLD straight from the fridge supermarket pita bread to accompany my food. A family member went back this week and this time the pita bread was not only cold but OLD!!! The owner of the restaurant is obviously trying to earn money by serving low quality products for a high price. Don't waste your money! The quality of the food and the service are bad. I agree with the comment of another reviewer that says that the calamari are rubber. By the way, I have Moroccan family members, so I know how the quality of the food should be. Well, my family and friends are not ever coming back ever again.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

I've been to this Moroccan restaurant a few times over the past 5 years. It used to be difficult to dine there as it seemed the business hours weren't set in stone, so it was hit or miss.

Lately they seem to have a schedule and I always enjoy my dining experience there. On certain days they have a belly dancer who entertains the crowd. With the music, the costumes, the atmosphere, it all feels magical. The food is always amazing! I've yet to try everything on the menu but everything I have tried is incredible. The Tapas are my favorite selection on the menu, being $5.50 each or a choice of four at $16.95. I split an order of four with my beau for a birthday party last weekend and have attached pictures. :)

The only downside of my last visit was that the service wasn't as attentive as it could have been. When we mentioned something to the waiter, we were told he was the only one working the dining room which we found odd.

1  Thank bostoniata
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Do yourself a favor. Do your homework, find out alternate choices, and what traditional moroccan food means....This place isn´t it! Terrible meat and quality of food. Overpriced. Terrible service, especially at the bar...Tacky decor and loud ambience, when they are lucky enough to even have anyone in there..!
How they stay in business? no clue....I eat out all the time. not a complainer, except for when food is disgusting and/or overpriced and/or it comes along with indifferent/badservice!
Save your money. Go to Tangierino´s in Charlestown, instead!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Boston,ma
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I had a chicken tangine delicious. the tapas were tasty I recommend the hummus. they have an interesting bar scene and a nice wine list and cocktails. Apparently a hookah bar out back and top it all off belly dancers. they were out of lamb which was my first choice which I though was odd for a Friday night.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook