“Perfect place for the perfect price”

Winthrop Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winthrop
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I combed through what must have been dozens of hotels with a short drive to the airport for my last night in Boston -- all out of my price range or simply scary if within my price range. On a lark, I stretched beyond Revere and looked in Winthrop and found this gem. The room was basic, but clean and provided everything I could need (even including a safe and free wifi). The neighborhood is quiet and slightly off the beaten past so very relaxing, but was only a ten minute drive from my Rental Car Return lot. The food in the restaurant was hearty and wonderful (don't miss the fresh bread)! Hotel staff was friendly and helpful, answering all of my little questions.

Things you should be aware of before booking: I didn't see an elevator, and I believe the rooms are mostly upstairs, so be sure to ask about that if you are unable to negotiate stairs. Be sure to ask about what to do for checkout because they don't staff the desk until later in the morning. Parking is Valet because of the crowded neighborhood and popular restaurant.

Overall, this is a classy place for a reasonably priced hotel. I will definitely stay again since my experience was positive and it is so convenient to the airport and rental car returns.

Room Tip: I was on an end room on the second floor without an ocean view. There was quite a lot of noise from...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I researched the internet for our recent five-day vacation in Boston. Our requirements were: a reasonable price, a view of the water and a refrigerator for ice packs to ice my ankles. The Arms has it all, and so much more, starting with Connie and David, the owners. They were wonderfully warm and helpful to us in so many ways.
It's an easy commute into Boston - we bought 7-day MBTA passes that are good for trains and the local bus, which stops near the hotel. We usually took a local taxi to the T in the morning and the bus back from theT in the evening. Then took different routes to walk back to the Arms.
Since the hotel does not serve breakfast, (the lunch and dinner menus are varied and very good), we brought our own supplies for a healthy start to the day. So nice to be able to have it while looking out at the water and then make an early start.
Our suite provided us with two comfortable beds, two tv sets, good air conditioning (it was over 90 degrees most of the time), a good, strong shower, good towels, a hair tryer and plenty of space for toiletries in the bathroom.
We were sad to leave and look forward to staying again when we take another trip to Boston.

Room Tip: Room 208 provided everything we needed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

On our way to and from the Cape we stayed two Saturdays in August. The service was great. Rooms were beautiful especially the ocean view room we got the 2nd weekend. So good to be back home in Winthrop to see family and friends.! Will stay at the Arms again!

Room Tip: ocean side rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Came back to my home town for summer benefit and to see family and friends.
This has been my place to stay for the last few years. Easy access to beach, boating , friends & Boston. Great night sleep in there comfortable beds, and most important, very clean..
See you soon!

K Murf

Room Tip: Any room is fine.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a hard time finding accomodations for a family of 5, especially at B&B's. The Winthrop Arms was the answer. Room 218 was just the right size for us. The room was well decorated and clean/updated. The kids loved the beach being so closeby. I loved the "parlor" and the warm welcome we received. It was our last stop on a 10-day vacation so we really appreciated feeling like we were at home with family. It may have been lucky timing, but during our one-night stay we never saw another guest in the hallways... so it felt like it was all ours! Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingBand727
Reviewed August 3, 2012

A friend told me about Winthrop Arms, and I'm so glad she did. We enjoyed staying at the Winthrop Arms for our Boston and Cape Code family vacation for a week. Beautiful location. Charming hotel. The owners went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thisismetraveler
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Love the price in comparison to hotel rates in Boston, the owner went above and beyond to make our stay exceptional. Rooms were clean, the atmosphere was wonderful, and the perk of being close to the ocean. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winthrop
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport

Been to Winthrop Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!