“A treasure with great access to and from Boston, MA and Logan Airport”

and 1 more site!
The Inn at Crystal Cove
Ranked #1 of 4 Winthrop B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

This is my third stay this year and this location is a real find!!! The property has had massive renovations. It just keeps getting better. Winthrop is quaint, friendly, and safe with several great local restaurants and a long, great walking trail along the water with exquisite views of Boston Harbor. There are waterfront views from most rooms and lots of size/room /amenity/price choices. All rooms have access to a full kitchen. We loved access in summer to nearby marshes courtesy of the local kayak outfitter. Winthrop is a world away from Boston bustle but an easy commute to the diverse, fascinating,and entertaining metro area.

Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank gjpops
crystalcove600, Front Office Manager at The Inn at Crystal Cove, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

To gjpops;

Thank you for returning to our Inn so often. It is always a pleasure to see you! We are SO happy that you and your family enjoyed using our new front lobby and we look forward to your next stay!

My Best,
Lauretta
Marketing Manager
The Inn at Crystal Cove

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Better than I could have imagined. Mind blown at the view of the skyline in tier amazingly refurbished community living room. Beautiful rooms and view, and out of their way nice staff. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kennyf772
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was simply looking for a place to stay near Boston, as I had client calls the next morning. I found this place online, with a very good room rate, so I booked it, and am very glad I did. I'm just sorry I had the one night there.

Pluses: the property has been renovated recently, with some rooms still in progress, but overall, the property is very nice. It looks to be a converted rooming house or apartment building. There's no elevator, so you're taking your own luggage up two flights of stairs (if you're booked on the third floor, like I was). I wish I had been staying there in slightly warmer weather as I had my own small deck that overlooked Boston Harbor.

There's a large common area on the ground floor that looks great for afternoon and evening gatherings. There's also a large communal kitchen on the ground floor as well.

The room was small, but for one person, or a couple, it's perfect. The bathroom and the room were recently renovated, and the bed was quite comfortable.

The only minus is it's in Winthrop, which is east of East Boston, and can be a bit of a haul in evening commute traffic. But it's like being in a beach community on the edge of a major urban center. It reminds me a lot of Alki Beach in West Seattle.

There's a small shopping district within walking distance with a nice Pan-Asian restaurant. I'd love to see what the high season rates are, because I would easily consider staying here again. The staff was also very friendly.

Room Tip: If you can get them, the two rooms on the third floor on the west side of the building have their ow...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Or even if NOT stuck. We drove down from Maine the night before to catch a very early flight and stayed at this beautifully appointed boutique hotel at a fraction of the cost of one of those huge airport chains. Located right on the harbor, the view from our balcony as the sunset over Boston was spectacular. Our room was small but immaculate and the bathroom was so well done that we took photos for future reference. There are several local restaurants within a few minutes walk. Downstairs is a large newly refurbished sitting area and a kitchen with Viking range and comparable other appliances for the use of guests.

In the m I rning our cab arrived exactly in time and were at our terminal in twelve minutes for a modest fare. (Be sure to call a local company, not a Boston one, to avoid airport cab rates. )

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank blueskiff
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Enjoyed three wonderful nights of sleep thanks to the fabulous pillows. Our room looked out onto Boston Harbor, a stone's throw away, and had a private outdoor deck which we would have enjoyed in warmer weather. The Inn's common room overlooking the harbor was just renovated and is an excellent place for groups to get together. The weathered wood plank ceramic tile floor in that room is gorgeous. The communal kitchen was a very nice amenity which my husband and I took advantage of. To top everything off, when I called the Inn after returning home to inquire about the pillows, Rhonda was so personable and put me in touch with the Inn's provisioner so that I could order some for my home. I'm looking forward to returning to the Inn to meet Rhonda in person.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Inn was very clean! It is conveniently located within walking distance to restaurants, small stores and the ocean! We had an early morning flight out of Logan Airport...it took about ten minutes to get there. Staff was very helpful...even printing out our boarding pass to save time at the airport.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We booked a night at the Inn after returning from a New England trip when we were unable to book into any Boston Hotels due to the Red Sox hysteria (Go Sox, delighted they subsequently won!) Not sure what we would be getting but wow, were we delighted! We were in the upstairs brand new condominium and it was a treat! Fully fitted out and luxuriously comfortable. The manager was delightful and provided scales for us to check how overweight our bags were after 3 weeks in the US. Great views across to Boston from the apartment and a lovely area to walk around. Very happy to have found this place and I can imagine how fabulous it must be in Summer.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winthrop
Winthrop Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Winthrop
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor
Hilton Boston Logan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Boston Logan Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston - at Logan Airport

Been to The Inn at Crystal Cove? Share your experiences!