The Inn at Crystal Cove
Winthrop Arms Hotel (Boston Logan Airport)(Winthrop)(Great Value!)
$170
$297
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
$179
All reviewscommunal kitchenlogan airportdowntown bostonhi tideorient heightsdeer islandfull kitchenflight pathno elevatormain buildingupdated bathroomthird floorclose to the airportcozy rooma great place to stayocean viewblue line
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Inn at Crystal Cove is located across the bay from downtown Boston; a 20 mins taxi ride from the airport - or about 30-40 mins via public transportation. Winthrop is a lovely community with beautiful views of the harbor and quaint Victorian homes.

The morning clerk allowed me to leave my luggage in her office (since I had arrived early) and gave me clear directions on how to get into downtown Boston via the local bus and subway (about a 45 min. trip total).

I found all of the front desk staff to be very helpful - especially Rhonda on the evening shift. She helped me print my airline boarding pass, and helped me to my room on the 3rd floor. Note: there is no elevator, so if you don't want to lug baggage upstairs, ask for a room on the first floor. I had requested a room with a view of the Boston harbor, and was very happy with the beautiful view from my room.

My single room and bath were small, but adequate for my needs.

There is no breakfast or coffee offered - but there is a mini-mart close by - and a great restaurant - The Hi-Tide - where you can get a delicious breakfast for a very moderate price. The Hi-Tide is about a two block walk from The Inn at Crystal Cove.

Winthrop is on the flight path for Logan Intl Airport, so you can see and hear airplanes landing and arriving if you're outside. The noise did not bother me in the room.

The Crystal Inn is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of Boston harbor; others face the street. No elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked here because we wanted to overnight in Boston arriving from Europe in the evening and to go out the town in the morning. It's only 10 minutes from the airport and with a very good price. Clean , not sophisticared but enough to have and to sleep.
Although we arrived after midnight, Richard was friendly and suggested the Hi-Tide café (2 minutes on foot) to have breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have never stayed in a cleaner room although it was very basic. Located in a neighborhood, the streets were quiet, but oh the airplanes in the early morning! It is located on the bay and only a block and a half away from the Atlantic. We had fun walking around the neighborhood. It was only a few minutes from the airport. One of our taxi drivers tried to drop us off at another place located on Shirley Street. Make sure they know where they are going. Also, we were picked up twice by Viking Taxi. Both times we were expected to share the taxi, and each party had to pay full fare.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of Boston.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We landed in Boston at mid-night and this Inn was very close to the airport (about 5 min.) - you'll need a GPS.
The room was clean but furnished sparingly. The bath was in a good size.
It's a good Inn for one night sleep.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I are both from Boston originally, and for the past 25 years we have traveled back and forth and stayed all over the city. I must say that this was the most enjoyable and peaceful place we ever stayed at in the area. The neighborhood was very quiet and nice to walk around , with a convenience store and liquor store right down the street. The room was clean, and with the kitchen it felt like a studio apartment. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Every time we stepped out the front door , I was struck by the million dollar view of the Boston skyline and ocean views. Great value for the price, we will be back.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple