“Anything you want, they'll make”
Review of Alia Ristorante

Alia Ristorante
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Winthrop
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Anything you want, they'll make”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Said is a gracious host! If you want something that's not on the menu, just ask and he'll make it for you. I love everything on the menu. The lamb is incredible!

• Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Winthrop, Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Eating here is always a wonderful experience.. The owner,Said,and the servers are very friendly .
The food is excellent and prepared to your liking.
The Tiramisu is the best .
BYOB is an added bonus.

• Visited November 2013
UK
“Bland”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The restaurant does not sell alcohol but does allow you to take in drink from the liquor store round the corner. Food limited and quite tasteless not that pleasant.

Visited September 2013
Framingham, MA
“ALWAYS the best! And coming soon - More Moroccan Dishes!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We've been to Alia a couple of times before and were impressed with the food and the local feel of the place. So, with time on our hands and in the Winthrop area, we decided to have a nice dinner there. As always, the most energetic owner greeted and seated us immediately. He told us about his specials for the day, but reminded us he could prepare anything we wanted any way we wanted... just ask. My companion had the veal piccata and loved it. She chose ziti instead of linguine. No problem. I threw caution to the wind and told him I was in the mood for seafood. He asked a few questions about my likes/dislikes, and came up with the perfect dish for me. Clams, mussels, shrimp, calamari (no thanks to anchovies!) in a sauce somewhere between his puttanesca arrabbiata and a seafood stew, served over linguine. It. Was. Awesome. Loved the warm bread and olive oil while waiting for our meals... and the salad! Stuffed though I was, we managed to share a piece of the moist, incredible tiramisu. While I've only had the pleasure to dine here maybe 3 or 4 times, it always feels like I'm saying ciao to an old friend when it's time to leave. Wish I lived closer... and I certainly wish there was a great place like this in Metrowest!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank periphery10
Waterloo, Iowa
“Good food, bring your own beverages!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This place was a really cool find. We got our table and then my husband ran next door to buy a bottle of wine. Our waitress (who was sweet and helpful) brought us glasses and opened the bottle. She was helpful in choosing a meal. I had the Ravioli Greca - delicious, and hubby had the gnocchi - equally awesome. BTW - this site calls the cuisine Mediterranean, but it's primarily Italian. The owner was a really gregarious guy who made everyone feel like royalty, especially the little girl at the neighboring table! The atmosphere was lacking a bit, but everything was clean and the food was presented beautifully. Definitely recommended!

• Visited August 2013