“Try it for lunch if you don't want to wait...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of cafe rossetti's

cafe rossetti's
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Winthrop
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stockton, CA
“Try it for lunch if you don't want to wait...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This restaurant like many others in Winthrop has such a great reputation that it is hard to get into as there is usually a wait. Therefore, although it is within walking distance of my Mother's house I had not chosen to eat here on previous visits to town. My friend and I were each visiting our Mom's and decided to check it out for lunch. My 12 year old daughter accompanied us.

The menu for lunch is not as extensive as for dinner. However there was plenty from which to chose. We had a 16" Shrimp Scampi Pizza. my daughter wanted mushrooms and olives added to it which they willingly allowed. While waiting for the pizza we each had a cup of soup. The soup was a generous portion and reasonably priced. My daugher had the chicken soup and my friend and I had the minnestrone. Both were tasty and filling.

The pizza was cooked to perfection and easily served the three of us with several pieces left over. We did not try the desserts and did not bring our own wine as it was lunch time. Next time we will bring wine. Several other tables did bring wine.

This place is small but worth checking out. I asked our waitress what is the quietest night and she suggested Tueday night is usually not as crowded at other nights. In any case, it is worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Thorn1

Northampton, Massachusetts
“Cafe Rossetti's - a gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the favorite restaurant of my son and his wife who live in Winthrop. He invited both sets of parents to meet them here after proposing on the beach across the street. They love the food, the service, the atmosphere.... and we did too! It's so popular that sometimes the wait is long so plan accordingly.

Visited June 2012
Selma,NC
“Great Food But Really Noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Four day trip to Boston area, staying in Winthrop. The food was fantastic and the service first rate. They even adjusted a menu selection at our request. That being said, the noise level was so high that it was almost impossible for two couples to have a conversation. Would love to go back when they are less busy --- if there ever is such a time! Certainly not for children.

• Visited October 2012
osining ny
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Lobster lobster lobster, Great service right on Winthrop Beach. Have been here before always good..The owners Steve and his brother Bobby, are super friendly. A must try. Make res.

Visited August 2012
boston
“Soooo good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Named one of the top ten BYOB places in the US, Rosetti’s in Winthrop is absolutely worthy of the ranking. Great food and ambiance in a tiny little restaurant on the beach, Rosetti’s is run by two brothers that cook up Italian food that tastes just like Grandma used to make (if your grandma could cook). The only drawback is the wait almost any day of the week – luckily you can put your name in and then walk across the street to the beach and enjoy a glass of wine (as long as you’ve brought some) while you wait.

• Visited July 2012