“Regular Chinese/Japanese Fare in Upscale Setting”
Review of China Sky

China Sky
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food at China Sky is consistently very good. The service is consistently outstanding. It's a local favorite for dine in or take out. It is super clean and has a nice bar area.

There are newer reviews for China Sky

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Apologies for stereotyping, but the food is typical American Chinese, albeit higher quality than your normal neighborhood Chinese restaurant. We ordered about 10 entrees. Just about everything was sweet or oversauced, with fried rice being the only exception. Not a problem if this is what you seek and expect. I just expected a little more authenticity after viewing such high praise.

The centerpiece of our order was Crispy Spicy Fish. The sauce was so sweet and strong I couldn't tell the fish was the great sea bass that is was supposed to be. I imagined closing my eyes to taste the various different items I had served onto my plate. Each didn't taste much different from the other. Ingredients were smothered by sauce.

But I must give high praise for their great decor and courteous service. Waiters were very attentive. Because our party had met for the first time in a long time, we stayed for a couple of hours talking after our meal was over. Never did the staff give us "the eye" you get from restaurants when they want you to leave. The staff kept on filling our teapots with fresh tea. Granted, the restaurant was mostly empty by that time. But I have gotten "the eye" just because clients that already paid are considered nuisance in many places. And because we stayed so long, we heard the same music over and over.

1  Thank Nandoverman
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently visited China Sky in Winchester while on business. China Sky is located in downtown Winchester, so be prepared to park on the next street or around the block. No big deal. The decor and restaurant setting are very nice--looks upscale. The menu has both Chinese and Japanese items. I ordered the General Tso's chicken; my coworker ordered the seafood bowl. Both meals were served hot and had outstanding flavor. Certainly, one of the better meals I've had at a Chinese restaurant. Service was friendly and fast. Definitely a place to go to if you are in the mood for Chinese and in the area.

1  Thank stirfry300
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Whether you dine in or dine out, the service greeting is exceptionally friendly. Customers are welcomed with a smile, service is perfectly timed between courses, meal portions are awesome, the food quality is excellent and the food is served hot. The atmosphere is very relaxing, even when the restaurant is full it is not overly loud with chatter. We dine in twice a month and dine out once a week, always a pleasure and very very tasty.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Freshly prepared, quality food, huge menu, cheerful, quick service but did not rush us out on a saturday night.
Take out has been excellent with large servings, so good value as well.