“Food was okay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocco's Restaurant & Bar

Rocco's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 53 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Boston
“Food was okay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a bit local hang out, and I really want to like this place. We went for a meal with our kids. The food portions were generous. I think the food is okay. The thing that turned me off is that when my daughter wanted to use the restroom to wash her hands, I was appalled at how grimy the bathroom was. It didn't look like it had a good cleaning in a long time. If I'm in a restaurant, I judge the cleanliness of the kitchen by how well the bathrooms are taken care of. If public areas aren't clean, how clean is the behind-the-scenes area? The air vents were covered in years' worth of dust, etc. Floors were sticky. You get the picture . . . We haven't been back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Boston, Massachusetts
“Like Nonna made”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am very picky about my red sauce (gravy). But, Roccos sauce is soooo good. It is very simple marinara - chunks of tomato, garlic, onion. Love it. Their meatballs...delicious. The pizza is yummy too. Some of their dishes are on the pricey side. The portions are large though so you will probably go home with leftovers. The food is so good, I'd swear there's a little old Italian grandmother in the kitchen.

Visited October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tasty Italian, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Ate there on a Sunday night in early October. The place wasn't really busy so we were seated right away. There is a bar section up top which had the Patriot's game on and a separate section with several tables on the street-side of the restaurant. They took our drink orders right away and we were able to enjoy the company of the people we were with. We then put our food order in - it took a little longer than I thought it should for a barely full restaurant, but our food finally did arrive. I ordered the clam chowder and a side of sausage and my wife ordered chicken broccoli penne - both were extremely delicious. All in all a good time, service was good but could be picked up a notch with regard to drink refills - not a deal breaker so I would still recommend eating here.

Parrish, Florida
“2nd visit as good as 1st.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

You never know if the place you ate was realy that good until you return; so we did. The food has been great both times and I even ate the same thing, rattlesnake chicken pasta. The service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry thus the 4 stars.

• Visited September 2012
Reading, Massachusetts
“Locals Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Small Restaurant with a few 6 person booths, bar area and a glassed in front restaurant dining area down a few steps. A short wait on a Saturday nite. We chose a booth in the main area. The waitress was timely in obtaining our drink order and gave us a few minutes to peruse the menu. We ordered a House special Platter that included Eggplant, Veal, 2 homemade meatballs, 2 sausages and linguine. It arrived fairly quickly. The eggplant and veal were very good. The meatballs were O.K. being a little dry. The sausages had no flavor at all. Mounds of pasta came on the platter. The sauce was watery and bland. This is an O.K. restaurant for, a very casual inexpensive dinner. We will try it again to sample other offerings.

• Visited August 2012