“Good food, clean restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Golden Ginger
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Sushi
Methuen, Massachusetts
“Good food, clean restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Golden Ginger is located in a strip mall on Main Street. The menu has all the typical Chinese items you see at other restaurants in the Northeast. However, there is a nice clean and fresh taste. They have the usual choice of tropical drinks as well as the usual standards.
Prices are reasonable and I always see families in the dining room. There is a small bar with 8-9 seats. I enjoy eating at the bar and meeting and talking to other diners. I like the sampler plate where you pick items from a list of appetizers. Nice place for couples and families.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank pandccoppola

Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Best Asian restaurant in Wilmington MA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Golden Ginger is the best Asian restaurant in Wilmington. Always fresh, always very good, always clean. There is a bar area which is not loud so that diners at booths nearby are not bothered by sounds or TV in that part of the restaurant.
Two thumbs up.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rick E
Boston
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

This restaurant isn't far from home so we've eaten here a few times. The food is tasty and well prepared/presented.

Visited January 2014
Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Service is Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband, son, daughter-in-law, and I went to the Golden Ginger in October. I had heard from other people that the food was good so I thought we'd give it a try. When we walked in there was nobody waiting to be seated and there were three female employees who were too busy talking to acknowledge our presence. After standing there for a few minutes, I finally cleared my throat to get their attention. I got a snotty look from one of them and another looked a little embarrassed, apologized and brought us to our table. The restaurant was not busy at all. Our waiter came right over with wanton chips and asked us if we wanted something to drink. We all ordered drinks and he left. We had been waiting about 15 minutes when my husband caught his eye. He came over and asked if we were ready to order. I said we were wondering where our drinks were. He became very flustered and again asked if we were ready to order. I said I had a few questions and he said he'd be right back. He then proceeded to go to another table and take their order, then another table and their order. I had had enough at this point and told my family I wanted to leave. They agreed and we stood up and left. Not a single employee of Golden Ginger said a word to us. The waiter kept his head down and the three ladies at the front were too busy talking to say anything to us. I emailed them after to let them know of our situation and never heard back from them. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Salem, New Hampshire
“Average place with unhappy people ?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I went to the Golden Ginger today for lunch. The restaurant is very nice. The layout is great and comfortable booths.

The service is good but I sat there watching the employees. Not one of them ever smiled. I can honestly say I have never been to any asian restaurant where the employees did not make you feel welcome. It was pretty depressing to me. It was like everyone hated to be there.

The food was very inexpensive but not the best. I had the won ton soup and it tasted like the broth was made with beef boullion cubes and the wonton was chewy. almost a gluey texture. I didn't finish it.

I had cabbage with pork and the sauce was a little thick and salty. It came with Crab Rangoon as an appetizer and I must say, those were excellent.

I do not know why the place is the way it is, but I will probably not go back.

• Visited June 2013