“Excellent indian food”

Spice Root
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Newyork
“Excellent indian food”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Delicious indian food ever had in my life , me n my friends had gone for weekend to williamstown , and from trip advisor came across spice root ,the ambiance was very nice n cute ,lovely place very peacefull and entertaining ,slow instrumental indian music n Bollywood movies played on a big screen the entire atmosphere was so enchanting and delightfully lovely and well behaved service staff , the food can't tell how amazing it was nicely decorated n piping hot n fresh the aroma of the food was amazing ,when it was served on our table it tangled our taste buds and I said to my friends this is what indian food is perfectly cook and with rich aroma of spices , the perfect indian food ever had in my life ,I am falling short of words but can't tell how amazing it was, want to come back to spice root ,n now we have a reason to come to williamstown that is spice root ,

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Mac D

Bennington, Vermont
“best indian food in west mass”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

1 person found this review helpful
Fantastic service, vibrant atmosphere, friendly owners, and exquisite Indian fare.

My wife and I live nearby, and frequent Spice Root. We take friends here all the time, and everyone is always very impressed and loves the food and the service. We've never ordered anything we didn't love. I'm craving their spicy lamb vindaloo as I write this review! They have a diverse menu, lots of vegetarian options, and excellent specials. The buffet is a must-try for lunch in Williamstown.

I highly recommend Spice Root!

If you love Indian Food, you owe it to yourself to try it!

4 Thank willi1983
New York Mills, Minnesota
“"Amazing Food"”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you are visiting a child at Williams College and want to take him/her to a nearby restaurant for a delicious financed meal, Spice Root would be a good choice.

I chose Spice Root based on the positive TripAdvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. We arrived early for a 6:30 pm reservation and were seated right away at a comfortable table for two. All the food was well prepared.
There is a good list of wines by the glass and we chose that route since one of us had to drive us back to our hotel.
We both commented afterward that we received possibly the best service we have ever received in a restaurant. Someone in another review mentioned that they found the food & service over-attentive, but we found the meal perfectly paced with the server appearing at just the right times.

January 20, 2013

4 Thank DavidBacam
New York City, New York
“Reasonable and Great atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went a couple of times when staying in Williamstown. Great atmosphere, friendly staff, reasonable prices too! Highly recommend!

2 Thank Robert J
N.Pownal, VT.
“Best Indian Food in the Berkshires”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The staff of Spice Root are friendly and courteous. But what makes me return time after time is the flavor of the dishes. The Lamb Saag & Korma are flavorful and tender. The chicken Tikki Marsala is my favorite. The garlic Naan is not to be missed. Eating at Spice Root is always a fun time. Over the years we have become friends with Steve, the manager and he always makes us feel like family.

2 Thank Tom M