“From musical brunch to candlelight dinner, I love everything about Pera!”

Pera Mediterranean Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pera Mediterranean Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Pera is a most welcome addition to the area where it is helping (along with the Sushi Thai Garden, Spice Root, and Tony's Sombrero) to transform Spring Street into a street of international cuisine. I have visited Pera no less that 20 times since it opened and can vouch for the consistency in quality in all meals from Sunday brunch (more later) to lunch to dinner and late night dinner. (The TripAdvisor review that advises you to skip dinner is way, way off the mark!)

The atmosphere is one of understated, casual graciousness, and the owner, Fahri, is a charming host who oversees the establishment with loving attention and genuine warmth. The waitstaff are attentive, concerned, efficient and friendly. It is a great place to have a quiet tête-à-tête or a dinner with friends. It never feels crowded or noisy, even when practically every table is taken.

The menu by Chef Randy is varied, healthful and features one delectable dish after another. You must try the sampler of Mediterranean appetizers featuring falafel, hummus, tabbouleh, stuffed grape leaves, etc. --- it is a meal in itself and a perfect lunch for two. The selection of fresh soups never disappoints, nor do the other daily specials, of which, the lamb burger has become a hit. For lunch, I am particularly fond of the chicken kabob wrap with its zesty maple chipotle dressing. And I enjoy the healthy sides that are available, especially the butternut squash, which is also a great substitute for dessert.

I appreciate that the lunch menu is also available for dinner, but to miss the dinner entrees would be unfortunate. I've a good friend who swears by the Scallops Alfredo, but I can't seem get enough of the Calamari Fra Diavolo -- I always do, however, due to the plentiful portions, half of which frequently travel home. The food is gourmand quality and is a much better value than that of some more pretentious and overpriced establishments, which do not offer a dining experience as nice as Pera's. There is a small bar, with some well-chosen wines. Currently the Malbec and Pinot Noir, are exceptional.

The newest feature at Pera is the scrumptious Sunday brunch, which is graced by the presence of an incredible young violinist, Sato Matsui, whose music is varied and as beautiful as her smile, which itself lends inestimably to the atmosphere. My party felt as if we were in a European café as Sato played everything from classical to La Vie en Rose and Paper Moon! The brunch features hearty three-egg omelettes, salmon, and the expected suspects with some clever and tasty twists. Bellinis, mimosas and Bloody Marys complete the experience. The music begins at about 11 and goes until about 1:30, but brunch goes until 3:00.

There is also takeout available, should one want to impress guests. But I recommend dining in! There is also talk of late nights with music on weekends!

1  Thank RalphH42
There are newer reviews for Pera Mediterranean Bistro

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Beautiful decor, warm atmosphere, great food and attentive service. We like fresh ingredients and Pera Bistro was excellent choice. The menu has good selections. We decided to try warm shrimp platter and eggplant salad, very delicious. I ordered Mushroom Ravioli and my partner ordered Lamb Kebab. We were both very pleased with our meal and the service. The owner was very welcoming and stopped by our table to ask if we enjoyed. Pera Bistro is now one of our favorite restaurants in Williamstown. Please keep up the good work. We will be back!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

The interior of this bistro turned out to be more attractive than it looked from the outside when we were window shopping for lunch. Spacious, modern, comfortable and relaxed. The staff were attentive and helpful.

The menu was varied and there was something to suit every taste. I was tempted by so much but in the end opted for the lamb burger, which was excellent. We were pleased that we chose Pera over the other establishments the High Street. (We were touring with a group and others in our party seemed not to have been so fortunate when we compared notes.)

1  Thank Amanda503918
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Feeling it was only fair to do some real data gathering on a new restaurant, I waited until I had eaten at Pera several times before writing. This is a delightful place to go for lunch: The atmosphere is pleasant, the fresh-ground lamb burger with melting feta is flavorful and is served on an excellent bun. Chicken and falafel wraps are well seasoned and attractively served. Salads are delicious. Service at lunch is just fine—although I have to admit to being turned off by waitstaff with pierced tongues. So what's the problem? Dinner isn't quite up to par: Plates are overpriced and skimpy, and the food is, at best, quasi-Mediterranean. The owner, who is apparently Turkish, may have underestimated his audience in not offering, for example, some real Turkish options and dishes a bit more exotic than are currently to be found. In addition, while he seems to acknowledge a few of the customers, he needs to do more in this tiny place to demonstrate some Mediterranean hospitality.

1  Thank Sweetwood1075
Reviewed November 12, 2013

A late lunch on homecoming day, which turned out to be a fine meal. We had a lamb kebab and a spinach salad with chicken, both very good and fresh food. Lemon cake and coffee for dessert.

The restaurant was (to me) beautifully roomy and on the quiet side, a huge relief after NYC's ridiculously noisy establishments. Fine service, with a friendly server, and the owner stopped by.

I'd go back in a second.