“Just ok”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had lunch here and it was just ok. Nothing special. Salad was very plain. Iceberg lettuce and some tomato slices. Would not go back

Reviewed October 10, 2013

They only serve breakfast and lunch. I had Caleb's special which was 2 eggs, hash, home fries and holidase sauce........... YUMMO!!! The staff is so friendly and personable. They even have a food challenge if you eat the whole plate within 30 minutes you get a free meal and a shirt with your picture on the wall. Wonderful food and people!

2  Thank Danyel C
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from Italy and he wanted an American breakfast. We went to the Chef's Hat in Williamstown which we had enjoyed at other times. It was very crowded but a table was available for us. My husband ordered the 2+2+2 which included 2 buttermilk pancakes, 2 eggs, he chose scrambled, and bacon instead of the sausage alternative. I am not a big breakfast eater but chose"Tim"s Favorite" an omlette with grilled vegetables and cheddar cheese. I was able to substitute eggbeaters for the omelette. It was the best I had ever had. I chose wheat bread toast out of the 4 choices, wheat, white, rye or Italian. We had coffee which was attentively refilled by the very pleasant staff.

They have a long breakfast menu which includes buckwheat pancakes, waffles, French toast, (all can be had with fruit, the peaches and walnuts sounded good). bagels, corn beef hash, as well as simple oatmeal and cereals. They also offer their speciality, turnip muffins.

They serve lunch and dinner. We had dinner once in the past and must try it again. I recall it as being good home cooking.

Can't wait for an excuse to go back.

3  Thank wendyb11934
Reviewed June 7, 2013

As another reviewer has said, this is where the locals go. It is not down on Spring Street, but just north of town on Rte 7 toward Bennington. Don't let a full-ish parking lot turn you away. There are lots of tables inside. We were there for lunch...a BLT and a turkey club. Basic, very tasty and inviting one to come back for more. The service was warm, friendly and efficient. Chef's Hat has a reputation for their breakfast dishes; and I look forward to returning to sample the same.

2  Thank Baysidetrips
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We saw this reviewed on Trip Advisor and offered on Restaurant.com and decided to give it a try for lunch. Breakfast is their other big meal. The place was hopping when we arrived, but managed to secured a booth. They have a large selection and very nice staff. There is even a 12 egg challenge for $16.00. If you can finish it (along with 3 pieces of Texas Toast) you can get it for free. Neither my wife and I were up for the shoot-out. My wife had the Monte Cristo sandwich, which was delicious, and I had the Boca Burger (please no snide remarks from the bleachers) which was well prepared. We may have been the only non-locals in the restaurant. Worth a visit for sure.

2  Thank MrCottage