“Only if you have no other choice and starving !”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tavern at the Williams Inn
Ranked #29 of 47 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New American cuisine including New England classics and updated favorites using local and seasonal ingredients.
Berkshires
“Only if you have no other choice and starving !”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

First let me say our server was pleasant enough .. To be fair I do have food allergies but always state them prior to ordering to be sure they can accommodate prior to ordering .. I asked for a grilled chicken sandwich on white bread .. No dairy or wheat please .. ! This seemed a bit confusing to the server for sure but she did write it down .. I assumed it would come with chips or fries .. My friend ordered a ceaser salad w/grilled chicken and dressing on the side ... Yet again this seemed a bit troublesome for the server .. To be fair grilled chicken was on the menu as was the ceaser salad but not specifically offered that way on the menu which was probably troublesome to her ..
My sandwich arrived looking very sad and lonely on the plate .. It was a very small piece of grilled chicken on one piece of bread that had been cut in half and sat alone on a large plate .. It really did look sad .. No points here for presentation .... A lettuce leaf would have done wonders .. There was far more bread than the very small piece of chicken ... The chicken was so overcooked I truly struggled to cut even small pieces with my knife and fork .. When the waitress returned I asked if was possible to get chips or fries with my sandwich .. She was very nice and said the chef had asked her if I wanted chips or fries but she told him "No". My friend asked me if I wanted mustard or a dressing as I think she felt badly looking at my plate .. The waitress did return with flavored chips on another plate .. To be fair I did not eat the chips because they had flavorings or spices on them and having allergies I was fearful and I just didn't want to ask at this point .. My friend did not complain or rave about her salad .. We were there to visit .. I must add that we were there well over two hours visiting and chatting .. We never felt rushed .. Our server came back and refilled our coffee two or three times and did tell us to take our time as there was no need to rush .. We were pretty much alone in the tavern .. There had been another party of two but mostly we were the only people there .. Our server was pleasant but lacked in other ways .. I paid the bill and left a very generous tip only because we were afforded the time to visit in a comfortable space ...

• Visited January 2013