I travel a lot. Let me say that first. I stay at resorts and world-class business hotels. So, when my wife and I head off into the hills we often put all that behind us and book a simple place that has amenities we want: pool, wireless, decent room, breakfast. So, when I could grab this place for about $90 a night in mid-summer we jumped. A place we stayed at a year or two earlier was twice the price and all one got was more ye olde New England atmosphere.
The hotel was sparkling clean, it had a beautiful and well maintained pool, the wireless worked (I wish I could say that all the many Marriotts and Hiltons I've stayed at lately), and though the free breakfast selection wasn't brilliant, it was enough to get us started. The large fridge and microwave in the room were welcome.
Sure, quibbles. Our room wasn't made up when we arrived, but we were quickly given a better one. Our keys ran out a day early, but that was easily fixed. The staff was friendly.
We'd go back. The money we saved was well spent in some fine local restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson Express Inn hotel in Williamstown, Massachusetts is surrounded by the scenic Berkshires Mountains and offers clean and comfortable accommodations with best services and amenities. This hotel near Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts is completely renovated and offers spacious rooms & suites with several amenities such as free high speed Wi-Fi internet, free continental breakfast, free access to business center, wheelchair accessible rooms, free handicap parking, cable TV with HBO and a beautiful outdoor pool with a scenic mountain view; best of Williamstown, MA Hotels. This Williamstown, MA Motel is conveniently located near Williams College, Chapin Library, Williamstown Theatre Festival and Sterling and Francis Clark Art Institute. At Howard Johnson Free continental breakfast is served daily and it comes with great healthy breakfast choices ranging from coffee and fruit juices, to cereals and a variety of freshly baked goods. There are more than 30 restaurants serving fine dining are located within 2 miles from this hotel Garden picnic area and long, quiet walking trail is located at the back of the main building. Also, we offer computer with internet access in the lobby area for guest use. Check-in time is 3 pm, check-out time is 11 am and pets are not allowed at this hotel. Howard Johnson is so perfectly located that Williams College is only one mile away and it is a perfect get away if you are going to Tanglewood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Howard Johnson Williamstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Williamstown Hotel Williamstown
- Williamstown Howard Johnson