Just a nasty front desk person who would not honor a significantly lower rate than originally quoted. Rooms and baths are dirty. Pick any other hotel in town and you will do yourself a favor. Mold around the bathtub. Grout missing. Carpeting dirty. Bedspread looks disgusting. The place could use a serious upgrade. Furniture is 1970's colonial. Most hotels who are offering a rate online will honor that rate when you check-in and show it to their face. This front desk person, slipped into a heavy accent and made believe she didn't understand and couldn't do anything about it. Stay somewhere else. By the way, Williamstown seems like a lovely college town and it is very convenient to Jiminy Peak which offers skiing until 10:00 at night. By the way, bring conditioner. The only amenities are a bar of soap and some cheap shampoo. The shower head is as gross and rusty as can be. I don't think I could let water hit my body that has pass through the disgusting nozzle. Hopefully, Howard Johnson as a chain will step in and demand that this franchisee bring this motel up to some kind of a standard that we are use to in America, and not feel as though we have opened the door into some third world environment. When I get home I will have to take a long hot shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson Express Inn hotel in Williamstown, Massachusetts is surrounded by the scenic Berkshires Mountains and offers clean and comfortable accommodations with best services and amenities. This hotel near Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts is completely renovated and offers spacious rooms & suites with several amenities such as free high speed Wi-Fi internet, free continental breakfast, free access to business center, wheelchair accessible rooms, free handicap parking, cable TV with HBO and a beautiful outdoor pool with a scenic mountain view; best of Williamstown, MA Hotels. This Williamstown, MA Motel is conveniently located near Williams College, Chapin Library, Williamstown Theatre Festival and Sterling and Francis Clark Art Institute. At Howard Johnson Free continental breakfast is served daily and it comes with great healthy breakfast choices ranging from coffee and fruit juices, to cereals and a variety of freshly baked goods. There are more than 30 restaurants serving fine dining are located within 2 miles from this hotel Garden picnic area and long, quiet walking trail is located at the back of the main building. Also, we offer computer with internet access in the lobby area for guest use. Check-in time is 3 pm, check-out time is 11 am and pets are not allowed at this hotel. Howard Johnson is so perfectly located that Williams College is only one mile away and it is a perfect get away if you are going to Tanglewood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Williamstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Williamstown Hotel Williamstown
- Williamstown Howard Johnson